Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Baseball - AL West is where it's at!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Empty
PostSubject: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:24 pm

So anyone besides Freak and me going bonkers over the Angels' recent signings? How do you Cardinal and Rangers fans feel?

And I read something about poor Houston. Left the NL Central to get away from Pujols and then he moves right in to the AL West. bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:50 pm

As a Cubs fan, I'm glad to see him go and think it's ironic for Houston. Also, as a Cubs fan, baseball only interests me for a few weeks per year when the Cubs don't suck. Laughing

I hear one of the deciding factors for Albert was the high grade steroids he'll have access to out there in California.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm

As a Rangers fan, I have two thoughts:

1) CJ Wilson will win you a bunch of regular season games and then absolutely disappear when you need him most in the playoffs. I would ask yourself how your #1 and #2 pitchers will like him making so much more than they do. Add to the fact that Wilson interviews like a complete arrogant douche--one might construe that he would be disruptive in the clubhouse.

2) Pujols is amazing. So is/was Alex Rodriquez. Neither of them is worth a quarter of a billion dollars over 10 years. The Rangers were forced into bankruptcy due a very similar deal.

The Angels definitely got better, but at what cost?
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:58 pm

hockalees wrote:
As a Rangers fan, I have two thoughts:

1) CJ Wilson will win you a bunch of regular season games and then absolutely disappear when you need him most in the playoffs. I would ask yourself how your #1 and #2 pitchers will like him making so much more than they do. Add to the fact that Wilson interviews like a complete arrogant douche--one might construe that he would be disruptive in the clubhouse.
With Weaver, Haren, Santana and now Wilson, that's a formidable rotation. Add in Jerome Williams and is there a better one in either league? You only need 3 starters in the playoffs, so maybe CJ goes back to the pen if his struggles continue in the post-season. I agree chemistry issues could be a problem, but on paper, this looks like a good move to make up the 10 games the Angels finished behind TX. Plus, it also damages a division foe, so it's doubly effective. Like double XP, but for 162 games! lol

hockalees wrote:
2) Pujols is amazing. So is/was Alex Rodriquez. Neither of them is worth a quarter of a billion dollars over 10 years. The Rangers were forced into bankruptcy due a very similar deal.

The Angels definitely got better, but at what cost?
I'm excited for the first 5 years of Pujols. As for the second 5... well let's just say there is a modicum of trepidation. I seriously don't know where all the money is coming from. Apparently, there will be a new Fox TV deal which will pay for all of this. Obviously, the biggest albatross is Vernon Wells and his $24MM contract. If we could just get rid of that...

After the season ended, I thought their biggest needs were in the bullpen and 3rd base. They now have 3 1b and 4 frontline pitchers. I'm sure there's still a trade or two to be made, a salary dump here or there, but overall, I'm excited for the immediate future.

Freak - feel free to chime in here. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Being a north of the boreder Rangers fan I still think they will head to the show again next year. All said and done they have a younger and better line up still than the Angels, they are lacking a key pitcher or two but I'm sure they will make a move yet.

The Angels outfield is getting old and slow, they still hit for average but will continue to break down as the season goes.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Sixchase wrote:
Being a north of the boreder Rangers fan I still think they will head to the show again next year. All said and done they have a younger and better line up still than the Angels, they are lacking a key pitcher or two but I'm sure they will make a move yet.

The Angels outfield is getting old and slow, they still hit for average but will continue to break down as the season goes.
Actually, the outfield will be younger with Bourjos and Trout. Assuming they keep Bourjos. They also have Trumbo (2nd in ROY voting) and Morales back - although I'm sure one will be traded - plus Kendrick and all the Dominican infielders. Best of all, Mathis is gone too! So that's an automatic upgrade at catcher. Add Pujols to the mix and it's a decent enough line-up. With the pitching they have, they just need to have a good offense. Doesn't need to be the '27 Yankees, just above average.
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 pm

x baseball fan there all over payed!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 pm

dog_soildier wrote:
x baseball fan there all over payed!
True too... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Well it looks like the AL is going to be more competitive this coming season. Congrats on landing "the machine". The thing id be concerned about is the length of the contract. Pujols is supposedly 31 but its known that alot of domincan players ages arent correct so he might be even older. It looks great for 4,5,6 years but then you are stuck with a very hard to move contract and a player on the downside of his career. Anyway you look at it Pujols is a beast and will make a huge difference to that lineup. Wilson might be a solid arm but after watching him on the MLB network i cant help but think of him as an arrogant pompus tool. Damn he came off as such a moron during his interviews. Hopefully for you guys Sports Illustrated doesnt pick the Angels to win it all since its been shown whoever they pick fails to live up to that prediction. Ask my Sox and the Phillies about all the hype. Hey by the way would the Angels like to have Lackey back? Razz I figure a fair trade would be him for a bucket of fried chicken and a 6 pack of beer. Its exactly what they love in the Sox clubhouse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 pm

As the resident Phillies fan, I'm glad Phat Albert is out of the NL. And I hope the Angels get all of the hype this offseason. I knew that when the Phillies knocked Atlanta out of the playoffs last year and had to face the Cards it was not going to go well. I'm glad the Nats didn't land Wilson either. Having to face him and Strausburg 20 times a year would not have been fun.

I'd be surprised if the Phils re-ink Rollins. I would not give him 5 years with his injury history.

At least we got Papelbon to close games. I hope they can re-sign Madson for the 8th.

Good luck Angels...maybe we'll see you in October.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:35 pm

not to piss on your parade, but as a Red Sox fan, I can't say I'm that sad to see him ago. He pitched better last season than the previous couple years, but he's far from the sure-thing he was back in 2006-2008. Most times last season I felt like I was watching Joe Borowski.

He can definitely handle the pressure, but let's just say it's a good thing he went to the Fastball League.

Hey, for a bucket of fried chicken and some piss-warm Coors you can have Josh Beckett.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:37 pm

fucilli_jerry wrote:
not to piss on your parade, but as a Red Sox fan, I can't say I'm that sad to see him ago. He pitched better last season than the previous couple years, but he's far from the sure-thing he was back in 2006-2008. Most times last season I felt like I was watching Joe Borowski.

He can definitely handle the pressure, but let's just say it's a good thing he went to the Fastball League.

Hey, for a bucket of fried chicken and some piss-warm Coors you can have Josh Beckett.

I'll take Beckett only if you promise to take Joe Blanton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 pm

I can't believe that I just now saw this thread! All I can say is I still can't believe it. It is like a dream come true and I can't wait for baseball to start. Gonna be a long three months. And to all the Rangers fans I'm not saying we will be better, but it will be a lot closer. And besides your about to spend a whole lot of money on a unproven pitcher when you could've kept CJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Temper your expectations, Freak...The Hype Machine can be an evil temptress. Winning the Hot Stove League does not equal winning the WS.

Sincerely,

Butt-hurt Phillies fan

Sad
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:59 pm

We should updat this post next october...I bet they don't even when the west. It will proabably be oakland. Who knows. Good luck with cj douche. Was glad he left after 1-6 past two postseasons.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Of course, we'll follow it through. Angels still have some questions about their offense to avoid the whole Philly superiority complex (first the Phils, then the Eagles... tsk tsk). But for sure, it will be a lot more competitive.

Especially if TX throws down 100MM+ for Darvish. Can't wait for the season to start. And yes Freak, this year we will go to a game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey, don't kick a man when he's down!

The Eagles are going to win the NFC East. Mark it down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Romo will do his best to help Philly, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:13 pm

More like the secondary of dallas. Romo has actually been the rock for past two months. Defense whens championships!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Eagles D is finally playing like they should. McCoy is going to run all day long. No one can stop him. Then it just comes down to Dallas laying an egg in NY in week 17, which is likely.

I think the Jets will beat the Giants this week, and my master plan will be all set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baseball - AL West is where it's at!   Baseball - AL West is where it's at! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baseball - AL West is where it's at!
Page 1 of 1