Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

AK-47 next purchase

Go down 
AuthorMessage

AK-47 next purchase Empty
PostSubject: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 pm

So, I know we have a bunch of gun nuts on here. I betting that a few of you know a little something about AK-47's, and I'm willing to bet that you would like to share.

I've already done a bunch of research and have some in mind. Just want to know your thoughts.

-Brand
-Model
-Pros/Cons
-Where you bought yours (if you own one)

Thanks in advance for your opinions. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 pm

I am not a fan. Yes, it is a wonderfully durable, reliable weapon that is affordable. I dislike the accuracy of the AK-47. weapons are broken down into three catagories: RELIABLE, ACCURATE, AFFORDABLE. You only can have two out of the three.

AK47's can be made to be accurate, but that requires quite an investment in new barrell, trigger group, optics. There are many, many makers of AK-47s on the market and some are good and some are bad.

Stay away from:
-anything on a B-West Receiver-they are not heat treated

I would also stay away from:
-Inter Ordnance (IO)
-Century Arms (CAI)-there are some good ones out there, but you really got to inspect each one, with the exception of their Draco pistol.
-TBI-hit or miss depending on the donor build kit.

Norincos are excellent but haven't been imported for 18 years, if you can find one used it is probably a good one for under $900.

Good Sources I would recommend- Vector Arms, Arsenal or a custom build from Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, Red Jacket or In Range.

If I were looking for a good quality without breaking the bank (HAHAHA) I would go with an arsenal/saiga. They have chrome lined barrels that are hammer forged. They have the current updated features of the Russian guns. They meet 922. They don't cost as much as a complete custom build. IMHO these are the glock of AK's.

I stay away from the 7.62 X 39 cartridge so my overall knowledge of every AK47 on the market is limited. MiisterAnderson may have some good feedback for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:32 pm

I've been leaning towards arsenal. In my research I've also picked up on the Norincos, which seem like a good buy.

Thanks for great info, I thought you would be the first. Very Happy

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_930/products_id/411545000

http://www.rrcfirearms.com/pd-arsenal-sgl-21-61.cfm#firstfold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:17 pm

I read the title and Krebs & Arsenal both came instantly to mind. I am not an AK-47 guy as they are not accurate enough for me (minutes of angle, not minutes of barn door!).

N8 hit the high points. In addition WASR guns tend to get lower marks as well.

I'll ask the question that starts the winds of the sh*tstorm a-swirlin: Any particular question you want an AK over semi-auto, magazine fed rifle? Just curious. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 am

LOL..

No sh*tstorm here. I will not be aiming at more than 100yds. I'd like the bigger caliber.

All sorts of situations that go with those two. Twisted Evil

I'll pick up an AR15 variant later on, but one of these above will make a nice play thing for now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 am

Oh yeah, I forgot.

...and the Apocalypse is coming...just sayin'... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 am

Kagan wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot.

...and the Apocalypse is coming...just sayin'... Very Happy

I'd heard. Smile I prefer not to let anyone get too close, therefore I have either 5.56 setups for 0-300 yds and 7.62x51 for 25-800. geek I ain't brave enough to be a door kicker.

As long as you realize the limitations of the cartridge, then buy it cheap and stack it deep. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 am

me and my AR15 are awaiting the zombies.....my wife will finally not be able to complain about the "preparing" when it really happens. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 am

She may find something to complain about if you didn't prepare...enough.

Damn zombies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 am

Funny. I just picked up a Century WASR-10. I just wanted something to throw lead down range in a noisy roar.

I'm definitely more of an AR guy, and mine is a S&W M&P15 which I love. Think of shooting an AR as doing surgery with a robot assisted scalpel. A WASR-10 is doing surgery with a hedgetrimmer.

The things feel so cheap in the hand, everything is loose, rattles, etc. But that's also the beauty. They eat cheap ammo like candy. I would never shoot crap ammo thru my AR, but the WASR could care less. They make a hell of a racket and unless you are planning on expensive mods, don't expect to group any better than a pie plate at 100 yards with the irons.

For reaching out to intercept the enemy at range, AR15 every time. For kicking the door down or shooting watermelons at the range, the WASR is a hoot. And they are dirt cheap. Don't pay more than $500. No need to. It will be a fun addition to the arsenal.

Anderson, you sound like the perfect candidate for an ACR. Best of both worlds! 5.56 and 7.62x51.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:19 pm

"...and remember: I'm professional Russian." haha, love this vid
https://youtu.be/WOoUVeyaY_8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 pm

FPS Russia is the man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:25 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:

The things feel so cheap in the hand, everything is loose, rattles, etc. But that's also the beauty. They eat cheap ammo like candy. I would never shoot crap ammo thru my AR, but the WASR could care less. They make a hell of a racket and unless you are planning on expensive mods, don't expect to group any better than a pie plate at 100 yards with the irons.

Anderson, you sound like the perfect candidate for an ACR. Best of both worlds! 5.56 and 7.62x51.

Just FYI the "cheap" 7.62 X 39 ammo is usually Soviet Block tinned ammo packs. Some fail to fires, but the primers and powder is very corrosive. Ensure you properly clean your AK after every range visit or you will get corrosion and pitting in the barrell and action. Especially a non chrome lined barrell. The life span of your AK will be greatly reduced with the corrosive ammo unless you take care to clean and remove the residue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Been using Wolf, and I have the chrome lined barrel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:09 pm

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product597.html

Here's some Wolf for ya...and me. Picked up an Arsenal SGL 21-61...hopefully I'll get to go to the range this weekend. Have you been buying ammo online or in person, if online where?

Anyone own an AK besides FBD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:53 pm

I am glad I stumbled on to this thread...while I would love to get one of the AR variants there is no way I can justify that price tag with the wife at this time...

So I did some research into the AK AMD

http://centerfiresystems.com/AKAGUN-AMD.aspx

Seems like a pretty solid piece of hardware and easily modified (tac rails, red dot, folding grip), ammo is cheap and apparently due to the long suppressor on it this thing barks like a dog...

Seems to fit the bill as a decent SHTF firearm, at least until I can convince the wife I need a $1,000 plus rifle...

Anyone have any expierance with this model?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:16 am

Hungarian folder made for paratroopers. Thats all I got. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AK-47 next purchase   AK-47 next purchase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AK-47 next purchase
Page 1 of 1