Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Empty
PostSubject: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Kagan, Crossfire, N8, Wini, and I had some solid games last night. Having comms and the matchmaking work well was a huge step in enjoy-ability.

Despite more losses than wins, we were able to move, communicate, and cap flags as a team, learn vehicle controls, and hold points. I think there were only a couple games where anyone had less kills than deaths. It was by far, the most enjoyable gaming experience in a long time.

That said, it seems that with so few of the clan playing BF3 currently, squading up is hit and miss. Is there interest in and the ability to setup a couple times a week where we can run as full squads, learn maps, and getting better as a team?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:17 pm

BF3 last night was a blast. The comms were way better than MW3. It was slower and more intense yet much more enjoyable much like mastering the karma sutra. Very Happy I found myself laughing at the game and some of the things that happened. It felt a lot like Black Ops felt with the clan. Not hard work, just good relaxing fun. I haven't felt that on MW3 yet. BF3 was more laid back and enjoyable. Plus working as a team, covering everyone's back, and communicating made the game great. I find I like driving tanks. Crossfire and I went back to back in two tanks. We had one, captured the enemies tank and ended up owning both tanks on the whole map. Set up a blocking line at a choke point and owned the enemy after that since they had no air or tank assets.

I can't get on every night but when I do it is around 8:30 PST after I get my daughter into bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:

I can't get on every night but when I do it is around 8:30 PST after I get my daughter into bed.

I doubt I'll be able to get on every night, but thought we could pick 2-3 times a week when we'd all make a concerted effort to show up (honey do list not withstanding). Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:49 am

If you guys need another, send me an invite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:59 pm

ill look for you guys when im on. picked up assassins creed revelations for $19.99 on boxing day so might be distracted a bit.
Would rather play bf3 with a crew though than same ole same ole feeling mw3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:41 pm

Count me in my girlfriend got me the game today and its not to bad so far,but i'm playing campaign mode have not tried it online yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 am

SGTHugoStiglitz9 wrote:
Count me in my girlfriend got me the game today and its not to bad so far,but i'm playing campaign mode have not tried it online yet.

Campaign sucks IMHO.

Jump online. Stick with conquest. Go slow and dont try to be a super hero and the game will come quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:08 am

Wednesday nights seem to be the most consistent nights that I can get on. Thank goodness for crappy ABC TV comedy shows. Wife loves them and has no problem with me disappering for a few hours on Wed night.

@ Wini, I am surprised you feel the campaign sucks. I like it much better than the MW3 campaign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 am

BigDaddyN8 wrote:

@ Wini, I am surprised you feel the campaign sucks. I like it much better than the MW3 campaign.

I played first couple of levels of MW3 campaigh and realized that I disliked it so much that I almost didn't care if the bad guys took over the planet. If they did then they may destroy all the PS3's so I coudl be spared from the storyless storline that is the MW3 campaign mode.

In BF3 I just finished the section where the buliding falls on you and then you have to crawl around. It took me 7 tried to defeat the guys in the garage at the end of the level and it just pissed me off.

There is other things, like co-op, where I think I will spend my time when not multiplayer-ing. Honestly though I have been even reluctant to do this since solo multiplayer I do OK KD wise more often then not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 am

It's nice that the weapons you unlock playing CO-OP carry over to the full multiplayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:54 am

I like the Co-OP missions to start with. Gives you a good feel for what the multiplayer will be like and lets you practice things like flying choppers and using different weapons. I too like that weapons you unlock will carry over to the Multiplayer. Playing Co-op with a random (especially one without a mic) straight up sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Had a great time flying some co-op choppers with Anderson last night. We crashed a lot, but neither of us cared a while lot...still fun.

We finally ended up beating the thing. Good shooting Anderson!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Kagan wrote:
Had a great time flying some co-op choppers with Anderson last night. We crashed a lot, but neither of us cared a while lot...still fun.

We finally ended up beating the thing. Good shooting Anderson!!!

Word. I enjoyed trying to make you shoot from such positions as:

Inverted
On our side, crashed into a building.
Flying unknowingly backwards into the cliff.
Rotating left while engaging targets on the right.

Twisted Evil

A good time, but I think we could be generally effective if in piloting a helo in the MP mode. Can't wait to finish the rest of the Co-op portion, and as Carl pointed out, repeat them until leveling the guns up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Um Erik...I CANT SEE!!! LOL

Good stuff. Anymore of those chopper levels for Co-Op?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:25 am

That's the only one. The rest of the co-op missions are doable on the first try *laugh*

Except maybe the liquid one right after where it's all sniper rifles....

I'm looking forward to eventually leveling up past 40 so that I can start getting those squad perks instead of individual perks. Will be great to run a squad of 4 of us with each of us running a different squad perk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:32 am

I played co-op with randums while I waited for some of the clan to get on. The Liquid one is tough, multiple sniper shots on moving targets are required.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:36 am

Got on and played for an hour or so last night, but couldn't find anyone to play with. Sad Got tired of randoms so got off. Hope that more will get on tonight. Tell me more about these squad perks. I was unaware of them. Do you get them by completing the CO-OP missions or leveling up in the multiplayer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:13 am

The team perks are just by leveling up in multiplayer. You unlock the regular perks as you go like Sprint, extra ammo, more explosive damage, better supression fire ability etc as I'm sure we all have unlocked some.

Well starting at I think level 40, you unlock squad versions of most (if not all) of those individual perks and they then apply to everyone in your squad (not whole team) so you can give the whole squad Sprint etc. I'll try to find the Youtube video I found that was helpful and you can also see if any squadmates are running team perks in the bottom left of the game screen where all your squadmates are listed. Beside each players class is another spot for team (or regular?) perks they have equiped.

Team perks don't stack so if we get to those levels and run together, we should each run different ones as they unlock.

Also from the same Youtube guy was a great guide on guided/laser spotting, mainly from the Scout class equipment SOFLAM. The scout can paint vehicle targets he can see using it and it somehow helps people using lcok on equipment (Engineer launchers and a late tank upgrade).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9AC4142CBAB3ECAA&feature=view_all

Definitely worth checking the guys videos out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 am

GVLIDs and laser designators work well in the real world. I can see how they would incorporate them into the game. Not sure how the game works, but if you paint the target a smart bomb or guided missle will track the laser and the overall accuracy of the hit is much higher. Usually used in conjunction with A10 CAS, AH64 Rotary wing support, or certain indirect fires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Just found the squad perks the other day while flitting around on Battlelog. Woot! Cant wait.

The SOFLAM looks like some good team fun. One guy spots and the guy in the tank with the guided shells shoots things down that the SOFLAM guy is looking at.

The when using the javelin on a SOFLAM'ed target you do not need to be looking at it directly. It looked like on the vid that you just have to find the red SOFLAM'ed icon and lock onto it. Jav launches up and then back down. Limited ammo on Jav so application is limited to ammo scaricity.

Ao apparently there IS a reason to upgrade recon class...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 am

We definitely need to get some more people on BF3 on a regular basis. The past few days I've been on and had a blast with Anderson and Nathan.

You guys are dead on with your thoughts from Wini's "happy b-day" thread.

MW3 for the social clan aspect and BF3 for actual fun gameplay. I realize how bored I have gotten with MW3, spawn, kill, die, spawn, kill, die etc etc etc...maybe toss in a few good kill streaks and continue with my quick scoping skill training.

I find myself going like 4-12 in BF3 games but still finishing middle of the pack score wise and yet having a better and more fun time than MW3. Fiddle with sniper rifles from far away, test upclose SMG's on the Engineer etc...just a lot more things to do.

I also need more vehicle experience to start getting some neat gadgets. I rarely step into tanks or choppers but there seem some good bonuses as you level up as well as the potential ass raping factor, especially if one of you is an engineer.

I'll continue to look for you guys and fire out invites! I've hardly given up MW3, but I owe it to BF3 to play more and give it a fair shake and I hope more clannies get on so we can get that social aspect on BF3 that we get on MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 am

Apparently Anderson love Legos more than BF3. He was absent again last night.

So even with Nate and I going 2-8 in the W/L I think it was more fun.

I made an attempt to level my Recon class after the inspiring SOFLAM vids I watched yesterday. Nate also made attempts to use more vehicles (including the heli). The good news is Nate is pretty good with the tank. He can drive in circles and keep the main gun on the enemy and shoot them, a skill akin to walking, chewing gum, rubbing your head and patting your stomach all at the same time. The Heli is still elusive as evidenced by him trying to land to pick me up and landing on his side.

Nate demonstrated that head to head the 6 wheel troop transport may be better than that tank since you can cycle between your main gun and the tow missle- Essentially doubling your fire power. We also practiced my engineer getting out to use his launcher to add to the firepower. It looked a lot like me getting out of the tank to be blown up. Seriously though in some engagements I think it lead to more vehicle explosions, thus more kills. I recommend timing it so you are not getting out 3 seconds after they fire as they have then reloaded.

Admittedly not the most focused session, but good times were had. I also blame the exceedingly bad group of randumbs we played with. They could not hold a flag to save their lives.

We did also explore the spawn trapping on some of the bigger maps. This was surprisingly effective even on the map with the oil refinery.

I agree with Carl. Even if you go negative you can finish in the middle or in the top half. This is especially true with engineer or assault since there is a lot you can do with these classes that does not involve directly killing people. The good news for me is I have been going even or going positive, which even surprises me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 am

I logged onto BF3 around 7:30 CST, saw no one, played 2-3 games of FFA after getting booted from Fish's group, then logged out for the evening. I'll try harder to spend time with my virtual friends rather than my actual family. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:51 am

I had a great time with Wini last night on those maps. Wish more clannies were on. @ Anderson we got on around 10CST. Here is my take on the BF3 we ran last night.

Wini and I made a very effective tank killing team. I introduced him to the art of the ambush and the dual tank-engineer attack. We started by both running engineer class, moving to the enemies spawn and laying 6 mines apiece around key choke points. We then retreated to hard cover and formed a L shaped ambush. By allowing the enemy to pass we were able to pop up from the enemies flank and rear after they hit the mine field. On one map we got 2 tank and 3 IFV kills in very rapid succession and effectively ruined the enemies desire to use mounted assaults on the flag. We were then overrun by infantry since it was just the two of us. If Anderson had forsaken his family and given up on his sleep he could have helped by running support. Having someone drop an ammo resupply to keep the mines coming and who can lay down suppression fire and cover the flank of the engineers against the infantry would have made that ambush site far more dangerous.

The dual tank-engineer attack was very effective last night. Wini shot down a chopper and leanred how to run the gun. We formed a blocking position near the enemies spawn after capping all the flags. Shoot and move with tanks is a must. keep your front slope armor towards the enemy and flank to their rear. A little practice and you can be a nasty shoot and move tanker too. It worked great to hit them from far with the enhanced zoom (got a few tank kills from accross the map) and weaken them until they get closer. The engineer hops out, runs to cover, and while I drive in circles around the tank to keeps it attention putting rounds into it, the engineer smacks it with RPG's and shoots the dismounts as they come out. He lays a few mines for the inevitable revenge seeking fool and hops back in. We then just moved to a new defilade postition and repeat.

Ohh, how I love that BF3 rewards strategy and not reflex skill. I am still working on my heli skills, but I did learn you can cap flags from the air while hovering over them. Good tactics there to be explored. I just need to get my flight time hours up so I can circle strafe like I do in a tank. The end of this long post is that even with just two clannies, the game was enjoyable, time flew by, and I was shocked when I looked up and realized it was way, way past my bedtime. Come check it out if you need a break from MW3 for a few days. And no, I have not given up on MW3. I will still play, but with my crazy ass work schedule right now I can only play sporadically. *think Dos Equis spokesman* "I don't always play video games, but when I do it's Battlefield 3."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:14 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I had a great time with Wini last night on those maps. Wish more clannies were on. @ Anderson we got on around 10CST. Here is my take on the BF3 we ran last night.

Wini and I made a very effective tank killing team. I introduced him to the art of the ambush and the dual tank-engineer attack. We started by both running engineer class, moving to the enemies spawn and laying 6 mines apiece around key choke points. We then retreated to hard cover and formed a L shaped ambush. By allowing the enemy to pass we were able to pop up from the enemies flank and rear after they hit the mine field. On one map we got 2 tank and 3 IFV kills in very rapid succession and effectively ruined the enemies desire to use mounted assaults on the flag. We were then overrun by infantry since it was just the two of us. If Anderson had forsaken his family and given up on his sleep he could have helped by running support. Having someone drop an ammo resupply to keep the mines coming and who can lay down suppression fire and cover the flank of the engineers against the infantry would have made that ambush site far more dangerous.

The dual tank-engineer attack was very effective last night. Wini shot down a chopper and leanred how to run the gun. We formed a blocking position near the enemies spawn after capping all the flags. Shoot and move with tanks is a must. keep your front slope armor towards the enemy and flank to their rear. A little practice and you can be a nasty shoot and move tanker too. It worked great to hit them from far with the enhanced zoom (got a few tank kills from accross the map) and weaken them until they get closer. The engineer hops out, runs to cover, and while I drive in circles around the tank to keeps it attention putting rounds into it, the engineer smacks it with RPG's and shoots the dismounts as they come out. He lays a few mines for the inevitable revenge seeking fool and hops back in. We then just moved to a new defilade postition and repeat.

Ohh, how I love that BF3 rewards strategy and not reflex skill. I am still working on my heli skills, but I did learn you can cap flags from the air while hovering over them. Good tactics there to be explored. I just need to get my flight time hours up so I can circle strafe like I do in a tank. The end of this long post is that even with just two clannies, the game was enjoyable, time flew by, and I was shocked when I looked up and realized it was way, way past my bedtime. Come check it out if you need a break from MW3 for a few days. And no, I have not given up on MW3. I will still play, but with my crazy ass work schedule right now I can only play sporadically. *think Dos Equis spokesman* "I don't always play video games, but when I do it's Battlefield 3."

I always miss out on the fun stuff. With work getting busier again, I probably won't be on much late nights anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next