Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:14 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I had a great time with Wini last night on those maps. Wish more clannies were on. @ Anderson we got on around 10CST. Here is my take on the BF3 we ran last night.

Wini and I made a very effective tank killing team. I introduced him to the art of the ambush and the dual tank-engineer attack. We started by both running engineer class, moving to the enemies spawn and laying 6 mines apiece around key choke points. We then retreated to hard cover and formed a L shaped ambush. By allowing the enemy to pass we were able to pop up from the enemies flank and rear after they hit the mine field. On one map we got 2 tank and 3 IFV kills in very rapid succession and effectively ruined the enemies desire to use mounted assaults on the flag. We were then overrun by infantry since it was just the two of us. If Anderson had forsaken his family and given up on his sleep he could have helped by running support. Having someone drop an ammo resupply to keep the mines coming and who can lay down suppression fire and cover the flank of the engineers against the infantry would have made that ambush site far more dangerous.

The dual tank-engineer attack was very effective last night. Wini shot down a chopper and leanred how to run the gun. We formed a blocking position near the enemies spawn after capping all the flags. Shoot and move with tanks is a must. keep your front slope armor towards the enemy and flank to their rear. A little practice and you can be a nasty shoot and move tanker too. It worked great to hit them from far with the enhanced zoom (got a few tank kills from accross the map) and weaken them until they get closer. The engineer hops out, runs to cover, and while I drive in circles around the tank to keeps it attention putting rounds into it, the engineer smacks it with RPG's and shoots the dismounts as they come out. He lays a few mines for the inevitable revenge seeking fool and hops back in. We then just moved to a new defilade postition and repeat.

Ohh, how I love that BF3 rewards strategy and not reflex skill. I am still working on my heli skills, but I did learn you can cap flags from the air while hovering over them. Good tactics there to be explored. I just need to get my flight time hours up so I can circle strafe like I do in a tank. The end of this long post is that even with just two clannies, the game was enjoyable, time flew by, and I was shocked when I looked up and realized it was way, way past my bedtime. Come check it out if you need a break from MW3 for a few days. And no, I have not given up on MW3. I will still play, but with my crazy ass work schedule right now I can only play sporadically. *think Dos Equis spokesman* "I don't always play video games, but when I do it's Battlefield 3."

I always miss out on the fun stuff. With work getting busier again, I probably won't be on much late nights anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Allright, I have BF3 now what the hell do I do? I will try to meet up with clannies in the hopes of figuring this one out. For now I just die a lot. I hope I can catch someone on tomorrow morning and I can dedicate a couple hours to figuring things out. Let me know if anyone plans on being on, please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Had a funeral to go to...sounds like I've missed out on some fun. I'll try to make it on tonight around 7ish EC, but my schedule will also be much busier due to work for the next 3 months or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Kagan wrote:
Had a funeral to go to...sounds like I've missed out on some fun. I'll try to make it on tonight around 7ish EC, but my schedule will also be much busier due to work for the next 3 months or so.

Same here (wrt work).. Chef, Carl, and I were able to hook up for some TDM. Carl gave some good tips on Assault, and I'm one revive away from the Famas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks to Carl and Anderson for putting up with me. At least now I don't want to trade BF3 in anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?   BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3: PS3 Crew. A regular game time?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2