Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Early MW3 perceptions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Early MW3 perceptions Empty
PostSubject: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Wow, how things and perceptions change. When the game dropped I pretty much ran all smg's, then that changed to the ACR, now I am running the Barrett (in most maps). My Kdr with the Barrett (2520 kills) is 1.77. I think it is because I am no longer rushing around the maps but finding an area with long sight lines near a flag and protecting it from the enemy (hence the 3999 defends in Dom). Call me a camper but I will make it a pain in the ass to get near MY flag, and if you do succed in getting close I will feed you a healthy dose of C4 (over 1000 kills so far).

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Wow im so proud. A fellow sniper in the mist. We should dual snipe one of these days. I cant say im a fan of the semi autos but would love to try a dual sniper setup on any map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 pm

snipin aint campin! Never was and never will be! Keep it up! I started out with M41A and moved to the P90 and now I'm working with Snipers a lot. I have over 1000 kills with the barrett and learned it gave LMG speed so I swapped to the L118A and I looove it. I have over 1500 kills with it. May not get the crazy kills with it but it's a lot of fun. I run it with Overkill and an AR just in case I need to swap strategy on the fly. Works very well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Glad you found a loadout that works for you Steam. I still switch between SMG and AR classes as you know, sniping is not for me at all. I may try a few LMGs soon and the MK14 once I unlock it but its hard for me to put down my MP7 and akimbo'd FMG9s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:50 pm

I run assasin pro so when they aim their gun at me it is much harder to find where I am located as I run a silencer also (takes two shots usually for a kill that is why I prefer the Barrett and its fast fire rate). I am having a blast and trying to fill the Sniper role when rolling with the clan. Not to mention it just pisses people off when you get an across the map headshot, they usually forget about the objective and do thier best to seek out revenge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Stream_Man wrote:
I run assasin pro so when they aim their gun at me it is much harder to find where I am located as I run a silencer also (takes two shots usually for a kill that is why I prefer the Barrett and its fast fire rate). I am having a blast and trying to fill the Sniper role when rolling with the clan. Not to mention it just pisses people off when you get an across the map headshot, they usually forget about the objective and do thier best to seek out revenge.

Purely a suggestion. But since you're a pure hard scope sniper, I would suggest running the Claymore to stop you from getting your position flanked. I tried it and its real good if you dont move but I tend to snipe and move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:21 pm

About as close to a sniper I get is the mk14 with reddot, silencer and marksman, or the ACR or T95 with the same setup. I still don't think there is a better gun in the game than the UMP but have only used the mp7 this go around, trying to spread the love. I wish I had the patients to snipe, tried it a few time on the early prestiges and liked it alot when not playing with the clan but have not picked that gun up in a long time. I too love the C4, great for defence on flags or throwing around corners for campers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Question about the C4 in MW3....to deploy it you hit R2 and then to set it off you hit R2 again right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Savvy, correct, much easier than BLOPS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 pm

jsavvy wrote:
Question about the C4 in MW3....to deploy it you hit R2 and then to set it off you hit R2 again right?

You can avoid the arming animation of the C4 by double tapping square. Works great with the riot shield as well as per MW2.

Havn't been on MW3 in weeks (big part was Christmas week at in-laws though) and I'm spending time with some guys on BF3.

I do need to get back to improving my quick scoping skills though in MW3.

Nice to see others picking up a sniper rifle though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:41 pm

I like pairing up with Stream on flag camp duty. He snipes and has eyes on the flag and i run gun the area, feed him enemy position/numbers and watch his back. I don't get a lot of kills when i camp a flag but when we team up the other 4 guys can stay at B flag.

I also like his call outs...

"a-hole shot me in the back with a striker again, cap an f-ing flag you pos"

yep good times
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:45 pm

played a couple games last nite with you stream and i saw you proned out at one of the flags with your barrett, thought that was a change for you cause i usually see you running around with the rest of us, i know that it's good for us to run around and cap flags, but it might be nice to sit back and do alittle sniping to protect the flags. i do my fair share of sniping maybe i'll give it a try.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Dead_Eric wrote:
I like pairing up with Stream on flag camp duty. He snipes and has eyes on the flag and i run gun the area, feed him enemy position/numbers and watch his back. I don't get a lot of kills when i camp a flag but when we team up the other 4 guys can stay at B flag.

I also like his call outs...

"a-hole shot me in the back with a striker again, cap an f-ing flag you pos"

yep good times

Enemies constantly run through flags to come find me, I am usually pissed because it breaks up my KS. All in all its a smart play, eliminate the threat and then cap the flag.....Its just in game rage Very Happy
My wife is sick of me cussing the ennemy out so I am working on chilling out a little Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:23 pm

I would really like to become efficient with a sniper. I get so frustrated whenever I do use them though. I can't get the quickscoping down and I am just below average as a hard scoper. If and when I do use one I like to run overkill to have an AR or SMG just for the perk challenges with the secondary. If I have a 20 kill game then usually 2-3 of them will be with the sniper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Stream_Man wrote:

My wife is sick of me cussing the ennemy out so I am working on chilling out a little Laughing

i rather enjoy it, especially on a tough game. It brakes up the tension and gives me a good laugh. but keep the wife happy or buy her some ear plugs/ipod.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 pm

lumm0x wrote:
I would really like to become efficient with a sniper. I get so frustrated whenever I do use them though. I can't get the quickscoping down and I am just below average as a hard scoper. If and when I do use one I like to run overkill to have an AR or SMG just for the perk challenges with the secondary. If I have a 20 kill game then usually 2-3 of them will be with the sniper.

For me its all about finding areas near flags with long sight lines. I have places I like on mission, dome, bakaara, villiage, and lockdown. I use the FMG9's as my secondary and when I have to move around alot I usually die due to running with the barrett makes me feel like a slug. Think I might switch to the MSR next prestige, I like the feel of it and I am much more mobile using it. It took a ton of practice and all I do is hard scope, the few quick scopes I have done were purely out of panic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 pm

I wanted badly to like the MSR but it just didn't get me any OHK's. Sad Seemed like a pea shooter. I get killed by it all the time but it just seems like I can't kill with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Used the MSR last night and had a good game, the only thing I do not like about it is the size of the scope. The RASS is a good gun also, I just need a semi auto as I run a silencer and need to rattle off a few shots at a time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Quickscoping is just a rythym (that I can't spell...) of zooming in and firing, plus adjusting a-la drag scoping when required.

Biggest thing quick and hard scoping is to NEVER move when you fire. No left analog, only right. Shots on the move are nowhere near as accurate.

L118 all the way baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early MW3 perceptions   Early MW3 perceptions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early MW3 perceptions
Page 1 of 1