Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Empty
PostSubject: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm

So not only is it better armored than a tank, but you can spawn on it like a mobile spawn point.

I think this is what Nate was using while he blew up tanks on the map where we spawn on the carrier. The driver controlled machine gun and launcher both can damage a tank so you can cycle back to the machine gun while the main gun reloads.

Here is a post talking about it on Battlelog.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
So not only is it better armored than a tank, but you can spawn on it like a mobile spawn point.

I think this is what Nate was using while he blew up tanks on the map where we spawn on the carrier. The driver controlled machine gun and launcher both can damage a tank so you can cycle back to the machine gun while the main gun reloads.

Here is a post talking about it on Battlelog.

Excellent intel Wini! Tonight, we ride AMTRAC. Smile Being Friday, I'll be playing a good portion of the evening. Hope to see you guys on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Having never played this game I have a few observations in relation to MW3.

BF has far better graphics and sound.

It seems hard to know when you've killed someone, and it seems hard to kill people.

Also, the engagements seems very far away, it there any CQC?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:

It seems hard to know when you've killed someone, and it seems hard to kill people.

Remember that BF3 is also for the PC, so the games with amazing graphics are probably from a PC. That said, I still agree that, on a console, BF3 multimedia >>> MW3 multimedia.

It can be more difficult at first, but now I think the hit marker registration is on par with any other out there. The kill confirmation is different than MW3, but I've adapted.

The maps are larger and the engagements are at greater distances than MW3, typically. That said, there are multilevel buildings, alleys, courtyards, etc that CQB takes place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 pm

I guess I'm just used to seeing the big +50 pop up when you dispatch someone. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:32 pm

You guys ever sit around on the forum, or watch vids at work, and then feel like a drug addict needing his fix?

Very Happy

Didn't get to hop on last night...I don't think I'm going to make it one more...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Yes. I can't wait to get home tonight for a long stint of BF3!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:57 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:

I think this is a PC vid. PS3 graphics are not as good as what you see here. I do a ton of sound whoring in BF3.

Engagement can be far or close. It depends on how you play. If you want you can put a 4x ACOG on an assault rifle, select fire from auto to semi and plink at people far away. Some assault/carbines have 7x zoom unlocks as well. Some AR's have a 2 rounds burst option.

OR

You can run the UMP with Holo Optics and get up close and personal by sneaking around cover and walking up into someone's back pocket. The handguns (secondary weapons) are useful since you switch to them a lot to get cleanup kills when you empty your main rifle. Reloading takes too long. Between the objectives there is a lot of space where the engagements are more open. On top of the objectives there is a lot of cover (buildings, obstacles, barriers) where to combat is plently fast and close.

What you will really like about the BF3 FBD is the Knife! If I sneak up behind someone it is a one hit kill with an longish animation of me slitting their throat. If I run up to his face and panic knife I will get a hitmarker and then shot in the face and die since I brought a knife to a gun fight.

fatbrowndog wrote:
I guess I'm just used to seeing the big +50 pop up when you dispatch someone. Laughing

I think there is a delay between when you get off the last bullet and when you get the kill XP notification (100 in BF3 What a Face ). The feel of this part of the game can be an adjustment for sure in regards to the kill confirmation. As Anderson says, you will adjust after a bit.

kagan wrote:
You guys ever sit around on the forum, or watch vids at work, and then feel like a drug addict needing his fix?

Short answer is yep.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Tank beats amtrac for two man squad. Amtrack is great for four. Two shooters two engineers. Engineers hop out fix amtrack and add middle death against tank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Does that thing have the wire guided rocket for the tanks? I know one of those transport types does...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Yes. The LAV, Amtrac, and BTR have wire guided missles that unlocked as attachments for the vehicle thermal sites are badass to use also with the Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFV).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...   AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AMTRAC- Who knew... well maybe Nate Did...
Page 1 of 1