Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

does it really matter???

Go down 
AuthorMessage

does it really matter??? Empty
PostSubject: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:41 pm

do you think the size of your tv matters when it comes to gaming? most mlg players play on 22-27 inch screens/monitors. I know a lot of factors come into play like how far do you sit from the tv, the size of your room, and even the lighting of the room matters. I have a 55" Samsung and I have put some serious hours on that one but for some reason noticed that I have to sometimes stare at one side of the tv just to glance at the radar and it's the reason why I die sometimes. I recently bought a 32" and scanning the screen is much easier and made it easier to take down multiple players cause I could see them all at once a lot faster. but what do you guys think? does size matter lol?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:44 pm

It matters if you are playing split-screen with your kids. Solo a 35" was fine, but playing splitscreen on it sucked with the kids. A 42" made a lot of difference in split-screen for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

I don't think size matters so much as quality.

I'm constantly finding in BF3 that I die at long ranges and am like "WTF...how did that guy even see me?".

I play on a large older tube TV and guys far away are the equivalent of like 1 pixel and hard to see. Must be nice on an LCD or plasma!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm

i have a 42" LCD 1080i set and im about 8 feet back seems pretty good to me. any closer and i cant see the whole screen at once
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 pm

I used to play black ops alot on a tube tv and it did suck trying to get those long shots. I think just for single player a 32 inch works fine. I think Xbox can only put out 720p but I'm not sure so I'm not to worried about getting a 1080
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Started with a 32" and found i was sitting 1-2 feet from it. Moved up to a 40" and moved back a foot tor two. Now i'm sitting 5-8 feet away from my 46"

Aside from the Split screen comment from Nate (so very true) the only thing size does for me is allow me to sit further from my TV. If i went any larger i would have problems, i don't have any further back to move from my TV.

Quality on the other hand is key if you are buying a new one. Get the best TV you can for the best price you can afford. I did a lot of research when i bought my last TV and learned what was best for me and not just the latest gimmick. 3DTV is great in theory, looks nice on the display model but the content that's available almost nil. You can play BlOps in 3D but it's hard and messes with your head. I always turned my head to look instead of moving with the controller.

If anyone is wondering i went with this one:
Dead_Eric's TV he bought for $500 that you only wish you could find for that price!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:24 pm

I have consoles on 2 different TV's. I play much better on the 40" than I do on the 55". As said, it's just too much screen to look at. I find 40" to be just perfect for gaming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm

While I was painting my living room I moved my PS3 from my 55" to my 32". Once that I was done I put the PS3 back into the living room. Long story short after a week I moved the PS3 back to the 32". Not that I've played at all lately but I did notice that I was having an easier time on the 32".
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 pm

lumm0x wrote:
I have consoles on 2 different TV's. I play much better on the 40" than I do on the 55". As said, it's just too much screen to look at. I find 40" to be just perfect for gaming.

this is exactly what I have to say. I love my 55 inch and the games look so much better but i die and get frustrated when i play on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 pm

I have been told size doesn't matter but I think they were just being kind to me.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 am

if they say it was a good size that means its small.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter???   does it really matter??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

does it really matter???
Page 1 of 1