Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Router/Connection question PS3

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Router/Connection question PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 pm

As many of you who play with me may know, making me the party leader never works because it always completely drops the party as soon as I try to get us in a game. I also can't ever start a party. If I send an invite to somebody while I'm already in a party, it works like a charm. If I try to start a party, it always gives the person an error when trying to join. I can join random games by myself just fine. It's only being party leader or trying to start a party that's giving me fits.

I'm using a Belkin N router and hardwired from it to the PS3 using a 14ft Cat5e ethernet cable. I have cable internet thru Charter with a D/L of 25MB and U/L of 3MB. I do have another PS3 that's used just for movie watching and Netflix that's hardwired as well and of course my PC is hardwired to it. The only thing that's actually using the wireless of the router is my daughters' netbook, which she rarely uses.

I'm thinking about buying a new router and looking at the Cisco/Linksys E1200 N.

I rarely get dropped from games. No more than the average person and my NAT is open.

Anyone have any ideas? You think the better router would work? I bought the Belkin cause it was only $30. Maybe I'm getting what I paid for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:14 pm

I think pariah_81 does this kinda thing for a living. I could be something as simple as settings.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm

I DO! Sorry i missed this post until I got your PM, i know you got my PM but if this can help others here it is.

Thats a good question its most of the time your nat is the issue, but your saying you are open? also is your UPnP (universal plug and play) enabled? if all those are good, can i ask your isp? sometimes in some places such as college dorms and other parts where p2p is very largely used, some isps will restrict certain types of connections, thus making this issue that you are having due to them. you may be able to call your ISP if none of these work and see if they can help you. i know it sounds strange, but they can throttle those packets to the point of dropping you. This is highly unlikely, but Comcast has been known to do that (I once got a call from comcast after they shut off my internet for going over 80gig download in a month). I will however see if i can do a little more research because this is a frustrating issue and that definitely sucks. a few things I would like to know,

1. is mw3 the only game it happens to happen on?
2. what console are you doing this on?
3. Do you use your port forwarding or do you have this on a DMZ, is your UPnP enabled? I would like the ports opened because this could cause the issue as well.

Also, if you have the ability to get a wireless N router, its worth it especially streaming things wirelessly, but while it may fix this issue, its not an unfixable issue that you have no other option. Personally if you are going to buy another router, be sure to get a wireless N router with gigabit ports because you will be able to stream 1080p HD to your ps3 over your network to your console at that point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 am

Nope, no dorm or apartment complex or anything. It's all in my house. I'm actually using a Belkin N150 Router that I bought about 6 to 8 months ago to replace a Belkin G. Damn thing took forever for me to set up because the software it came with couldn't recognize my ISP on it's own and I had to call my ISP and get the IP, Subnet Mask and all that crap and enter it myself. I had no clue what the hell I was doing but it did get me connected. And yes, NAT is open.

1. Black Ops did this as well.
2. PS3
3. I have no idea if there's Port Forwarding or DMZ. Hell, I don't even know how to do that. UPnP is enabled though.

Thanks for the reply dude. Sent you a PM with a little more info.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:08 am

Hmmm lets try an easy fix we can try first to put your ps3 on a DMZ so that everything is completely wide open on your ps3. what kind of belkin do you have so i can get you as detailed info as i can.

and no problem man i really enjoy doing this stuff. guess i found my calling in this world lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 am

It's a Belkin N150 Model F9K1001v1 and I just checked and there are no new updates for it. just checked.

I've got 3 things hardwired to the router. My PC is in port 1, the living room PS3 (the one for just movies and Netflix) is in port 2, and port 3 is my gaming PS3. Don't know if any of that matters but the more you know the better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:30 am

Firewall is enabled and I have WAN Ping Blocking enabled as well. Whatever that is.

Yeah, I found my called when I bought and sat in my very own LazyBoy recliner. My ass fits it just right.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 am

the ports arent really all that matters. first of all turn off your wan ping blocking. your not going to get hacked by icmp anytime soon lol. that may fix the issue too but its an easy step to check and go from there. after that we can do a dmz.

also that belkin sounds like its already wireless N just from a guess from your name is that right?

Also this may sound kind of funny, but did you run cat5 through your house? if so is it under 150 feet? (i assume so but its easier to go through easy questions than do the hard ones then go back lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks for starting this thread guys. I have a quick question. Currently we have 1 PS3 hardwired to our router. We also have a laptop that's run wireless. In the next few days we'll be adding a second PS3. I know the router is outdated. What type or brand would you suggest?

Both PS3s will more than likely be running MW3 (my wife plays too)

Can both be open NAT?

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 am

well, heres the deal. your ps3s wont be able to take advantage of the newest networking technology. If you have a wireless G router your router is fine for your ps3s. The ps3 has a wireless g receiver in it so it will never be able to use wireless N. and the port on the ps3 is not a gigabit port, so you are still only going to get up to 100 mb. I honestly wont suggest running out and buying another one unless you are going to be streaming movies from your laptop to your ps3. and yes both can be open. open is the ports running out of your router that makes the restrictions.

When it comes to having issues, if you are not having issues now, you probably wont have any when you put the second ps3 on. but if you do we can see what we can do to get it working properly.

If you are looking to get a new router and are not willing to spend the gobs of money for enterprise grade stuff (i put a wireless AP in that my wife threatened to shoot me over) go with my personal suggestion of cisco. the linksys routers generally can be hit or miss (they are cisco) but the more money you put into a router the better quality it will be. This one isnt a bad one to get i have heard good things about it. if you want stronger capabilities I can help you with that, but that takes a lot of configuration.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&tok=_DoOgMRCFxu9lBvsilWJ7g&cp=18&gs_id=dk&xhr=t&q=linksys+wireless+n+router&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1680&bih=985&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=18116177753027564621&sa=X&ei=dBkxT_GCH9PMtgftxKSMBw&sqi=2&ved=0CHYQ8wIwAQ
T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Alright, I'll turn off the WAN Ping blocking this evening and see how that does. Yes, the Belkin I have is an N router. It's all Cat5 cable and well under 150 feet.

Oh, and one other thing. This same thing was happening before I hardwired everything and was running everything wireless. I thought hardwiring would fix it. Obviously it didn't.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah, I am believing this to be a configuration issue. Either that or a firewall issue. Welcome to networking LOL almost a living breathing entity all its own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Here's my current problem: 2 PS3s...when one is on the nat is open, when both are on they both are strict.

For some reason i can't get into the router. would you suggest re-setting it and opening the appropriate ports? We also have a laptop but it's never on when playing online.

Where should I go from here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Pariah, I agree with you on the Linksys E4200. I picked up one of these and have had almost no problems. It can be a little finicky with cable modems - some keep dropping connection unless you have the cable modem's MAC address hardcoded into the router. But other than that, it's been great.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:58 am

Cisco is great. My network setup is very much different than you guys simply because of what I actually use. Linksys is not the best that Cisco makes, and certainly it has its moments you want to throw it out the window, but it is honestly the most reliable and the most user friendly out there.

If you want to go hardcore lol let me know, Thats where the real fun begins =P Once you get major routers/firewalls/switches set up, you will never have to worry about anything once again. It is literally plug something in and watch it work. The funny thing is you can make that kind of network at home for about as much as some of the home routers that are out there now.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:59 am

BloodY_CruiseR wrote:
Here's my current problem: 2 PS3s...when one is on the nat is open, when both are on they both are strict.

For some reason i can't get into the router. would you suggest re-setting it and opening the appropriate ports? We also have a laptop but it's never on when playing online.

Where should I go from here?

What kind of router do you have?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:50 am

Cisco
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:22 am

Scooby i think this was a different thread LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am

I had played with every setting I could think of with the Belkin N150 router and nothing worked. Thought at that point it might be the modem. Got a new modem along with upgrading my internet to 100MB d/l and 5MB u/l service. Installed the new modem and still not working right. Broke down last weekend and bought a new Cisco Linksys E1200 router. Installed it Wednesday night and now it works perfectly. So it was a faulty router all along.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:27 am

Sometimes that is it. I would always suggest, even though I believe that Linksys is crap, it is the best home equipment available. Cisco does not generally make bad things. Always always always trust cisco lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Router/Connection question PS3   Router/Connection question PS3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Router/Connection question PS3
Page 1 of 1