Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Astro A40s

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 am

Who's got em? What are your thoughts? I have the TB DPX-21 but have been watching a ton on YouTube reviews on the A40s and am thinking of upgrading. Is the cost REALLY worth it?
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:29 pm

I've got them and I love them but in saying that I've nothing to compare them to....was made redundant last year so treated myself....imo I only take full advantage of them when I'm playing with randumbs and I mute everyone, you can hear things you never knew were in the game....when you play with clanmates you obviously have chat on so it lessens the advantage slightly....in saying that they really will save your ass so many times....I have the wired ones with the mixamp and the controls are simple, 1 for volume and 1 for game/chat, and they are very comfortable for long sessions...hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:34 pm

I have the A30's with the wireless mixamp and think they're awesome. Alot more durable than other brands, but i'm also not a teenager that could care less about taking care of their belongings (even though i might rage like one lol).
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:47 pm

These are supposedly the best on the market. and the amp is what makes the difference. Little tip, the amp is separate. This really is an investment since they tend to cost around 300 for everything, even used on ebay they are around that price.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm

pariah, the set (mixamp included) on the Astro site, if going wired, which is the recomendation that Juicetra (YouTube commentator) gave me, is $249. See here:

http://www.astrogaming.com/audio-systems/a40-audio-systems/a40-audio-system-astro-edition

The wireless however is $279.

http://www.astrogaming.com/audio-systems/a40-audio-systems/a40-audio-system-astro-edition
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:00 am

Anyone else have any comments? Birthday is at the end of this month and I'm REALLY thinking of getting these.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:34 pm

yeah thats what I am talking about, I however am an amazon/ebay nut. I would rather buy discount price vs prime price. with amazon prime, they have a warehouse where something had a messed up box, and they sell it for around 1/2-2/3 of the price. Sometimes those don't come with the amp, sometimes they do. however if you go with the website you will get everything and know where its coming from.

I will tell you this though, I bought my Turtlebeach headset from amazon, it was a warehouse deal, and they forgot one of the cords. They gave me the headset, refunded my money and sent me the piece since they were able to find what it was that I was missing. Thats amazing service I will always buy from amazon from here on out.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Astro A40s A40_wi12

I have posted on these before. I had turtle beach prior to getting these. Turtle Beach are nice headphones but both broke on me and I take care of my things so it was frustrating when that happened. I have A40 wireless as shown. They seem durable and are very comfortable for long gaming sessions, outside noise is blocked out both by headphones and the mic doesn't pic up much outside of your voice. The mixamp is nice to totally block out randumb chat or be able to hear clannies when with them. In between game you can totally turn off game music and hear your team talking and then turn game sound up when in the match. when booting up the game and the narrator starts talking it sounds like they are in the room with you. in game sound picks up slightest noise. In quieter games (search and destroy for instance) you can pick up slight sounds even if the other side is using dead silence. If you get wireless I highly reccomend the rechargable battery that is sold separate, it lasts a full day ( have not had to plug in yet and sometimes I play a long day). Also there is a separate cable for ps3. The cost is up there i had to convince myself to spend the cash for it. I figure as much as i play (some people have hat head, I have headphone head) the game it was worth it. Trittons are mid range in price, but I dont have any to compare. ask Suicidal Afro that's what he has. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 pm

I have a pair of Turtle Beach X41's and have had no issues with them. I went with the TB because there is only one wire, and that is from the headset to the controller. All the Astros I have seen have more than one, or do they?

Triton has a new set coming out called War Heads that are total wireless.

I have been thinking about trying out some Astro's but can't find any that have only one wire or less.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 am

for the ps3 the headphones connect to the receiver(in the picture setting next to the headset). the transmitter (in the back of the pic) sits by my ps3 and theres the optical connection to the rear of the ps3 and then a usb connection to the front of the ps3. not sure how xbox is connected.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:23 am

I have the Astros and loved them for a year and a half, then there was a short somewhere, I sent them back to the company, could not find my receipt or when I actually bought them. They replaced the headset and all is well. I like how with the amp you can adjust the game and voice volume, I like to hear people talking more than shit blowing up.

I also have a set of the http://www.amazon.com/Sharkoon-X-Tatic-Surround-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B003H4QIC0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329225403&sr=1-1 Sharkoon xtatic and that is what I use now. I miss having the maxiamp to adjust game and voice, but I think overall the sound is better over the Astros. I did find the glowing earpieces annoying so I put electrical tape over them.

In MW2 I was a soundwhore camper and the Astros fit the bill. Now playing with the clan I do not camp, sometimes I snipe but not much so hearing footsteps is not as big a deal, plus the new games its not as easy as in MW2. I think with either set you will be happy just depends on the money you want to spend.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks for all the reviews. I'm going to get them. I am going to sell the TB DPX-21s I currently have that are in perfect condition for $120. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:48 pm

I went from a set of TB X11 to the A40's. The difference made the X11s sound like I had two dixie cups strapped to my head and plugged into a radio playing static. They are the shit, period. I highly recommend using the optic cable but purchasing it from somewhere like NewEgg. The one from Astro is a little pricey.

If you do get them, which it sounds like you will, do a search on youtube on getting all the settings right to optimize them.

I personally had to remove the red daisy chain to make my work right.

You will not be disappointed at all with them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Oh, and while your dropping all this cash, get yourself a Scuf controller and you'll really be set!

Click here to go to Scuf Gaming.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:
Oh, and while your dropping all this cash, get yourself a Scuf controller and you'll really be set!

Click here to go to Scuf Gaming.

They don't make PS3 yet or I would. BOOM!
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Ah, missed you were a PS3er.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:
Ah, missed you were a PS3er.

No worries. Do you have the Scuf controller? Buddy of mine is looking at buying one.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 pm

And BTW, for those of you with the A40s do you have wired or wireless? I was recommended the wired but really want the wireless.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Wireless, I would highly reccomend the rechargable battery $20 that they sell on the site. lasts all day, where batteries don't. you would go through batteries like a madman. rechargable battery will pay for itself within a week. When you're through gaming connect to a usb port on your home pc and then charge overnight. if for some reason the rechargable doesn't last all day (so far mine hasn't run out) it comes with a cable to connect to a usb port on the ps3 to keep on going.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:15 pm

I do and it's awesome. Only thing I don't care for is the domed right thumb stick but that's an option when you order it.

I have everything wired. I personally don't like to remember to charge things. Especially when I go to bed half drunk at 2:30 in the morning.
Back to top Go down

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Wired here also...depends on your set-up but it takes me about 2 mins. to connect all the wires, no big deal...I don't have the option at the moment of leaving them set-up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Astro A40s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro A40s   Astro A40s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astro A40s
Page 1 of 1