Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Voice chat  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Voice chat

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:07 am

If you can't hear anybody you got to go and turn up the voice chat in the options menu. The new update might have turned it down.
Back to top Go down

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:07 am

Robert Bowling ‏ @fourzerotwo

If you're on PS3 and noticing low or no voice chat audio, check the in-game and XMB voice volume slider. Patch may have set low or to zero.
Back to top Go down

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah, I eventually discovered last night that my voice had been turned all the way down in the Options. It was disturbing for me to have Deaf added to Dumb and Blind. I apologize to the party I was in that I couldn't accept being Party Leader at the time and things fell apart. I'm not sure, but once you are in a party, I don't think you can get to the Options (I will have to confirm tonight, it might be the Dumb and Blind talking).
Back to top Go down

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 am

I'm baffled how things like this get so fucked. Why would they have even bothered with the voice chat in the last patch? It was the one thing they actually fixed beautifully. I don't know anything about code for video games, but are things interconnected? Will nerfing machine pistols affect voice chat?

The right hand doesn't know wtf the left hand is doing at IW.
Back to top Go down

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 am

Can any of ya confirm that the "fix" is that easy?
Back to top Go down

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:05 am

FBD wrote:
I'm baffled how things like this get so fucked. Why would they have even bothered with the voice chat in the last patch? It was the one thing they actually fixed beautifully. I don't know anything about code for video games, but are things interconnected? Will nerfing machine pistols affect voice chat?

The right hand doesn't know wtf the left hand is doing at IW.

Because any patch that goes into a cod game, isnt new coontent in anyway. It is all there and available long before they even release the disk for said game. That being said, when the "Nerf" anything, they can very easily just click on mouse button and bam, problem solved. In that instance however, they may default certain things. IE: you think you update your game, however you downgrade it. Which means settings are defaulted to the debug mode. Which essentially sets the Voice Volume to 0.

In other words: They rip you off by selling you content that you already payed for when you purchased your disk. Screw these sorry assed game companies.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I was a programmer for a software company for a while and what I have seen before is that the developer responsible for the fix may not have accessed the patched code from the programming tree or was using code from a development tree (i.e. not ready for release) which can cause all kinds of new and exciting issues. This is easier to do then you may think and could easily be the cause for some new issues to arise. Also, a programmer may go in and make changes for q.a. reasons and then accidentally forget to set them back (most likely the cause of the mic issue) and when q.a. makes a mistake it is rarely caught until seen by the end user.

Last edited by Doamne01 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Further to Doamne's comments I think they inserted an older spawning logic subroutine into the latest patch....
Back to top Go down

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
I was a programmer
and everything else you said.

It's part of my current job to make sure that doesn't happen and if it does it doesn't reach the customer. As the top company engineer put it "He is the 1st and last line of defense between what our software guys fuck up and our customers, and he's damn good at it. If you get an email from him it's always bad news." This one comment equaled a $3 raise on my last review. Maybe i should try to get a job at IW and be one of the bastards we are paying to have a bad time. At least i know i could use all of you for beta testing.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:56 am

Eric, I'm right there with you. I wasn't trying to defend the cause of the problem, I was just trying to explain how it could have happened. Without a doubt, this sort of issue shouldn't be happening at a small independent software company let alone a larger one; there's no excuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Voice chat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat    Voice chat  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice chat
Page 1 of 1