Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Empty
PostSubject: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:53 am

30's i need help making a descision. Ten years ago for our first Christmas as a married couple we started a tradition. Every year the week after Christmas we do a movie marathon. She aptly name it the Mickey Movie Marathon a 3M innovation (Cause it was my idea and my name's Mickey). It has a different theme every year and varies in length. It usually lasts at least 1 day but sometimes up to 3 depending on the lenth and amount of movies. We have done Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. Last year was Harry Potter. The other day we ran across For Love of the Game with Kevin Costner and we watched it cause baseball is about to start and we want to get in the baseball mood cause we love the Yankees. So this year i have decided i wanna do the theme of sports movies. I love them but in my 1000+ movie collection i do not own many sports movies so I have to prepare. So that being said i need some help deciding which ones to purchase for this years event. So that being said what are some of ur favorite sports movies?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 am

Any Given Sunday
Varsity blues
Slapshot

I don't generally like sports movies, but I like those
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:05 am

Hoosiers
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUZ9YiwRaL_f6SI3qNvFI4ezolWO9_eEa5jl-upqUAnyWuqgHH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:07 am

Slapshot! +1 Darkk!
How about -
What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnKJQ1zTGsL6XCdVIV6MC_Kz42hd3UbwCZaoslCbvGMfd-Qu2P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 am

Caddyshack. End of discussion. Sandlot? Bad News Bears? Tin Cup was awesome too. Talladega Nights? Second on Slapshot. If they don't qualify:

Eight Men Out
Field of Dreams (damn movie makes me cry every time at the end)
Rocky
The Fighter
Rudy

I'm forgetting many...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 am

Oh Jesus!!! Sports and movies, how I love them combined.

Bull Durham
Major League
The Natural
The Rookie
The Bad News Bears (original)
Eight Men Out
Field Of Dreams
Mr.3000
61*

The Express
We Are Marshall
Friday Night Lights
Varsity Blues
Brian's Song
Rudy
Everybody's All American
Wildcats

Mystery Alaska
Slapshot
The Mighty Ducks (fuck all you for laughing the 1st one was awesome)
Miracle
The Rocket

I sorted them by sport to make it easier. There alot of others but I don't own them therefore I cant remember them
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 am

These are some good one i forgot about guys keep em coming. I can't believe Remember the Titians hasn't made the list yet.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:34 am

+ 1 to Chef, Hoosiers is an awesome movie. +1 to Sly- Varsity Blues is probably my fav Football comedy type movie.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:34 am

We did Rocky movies one year so that is out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:35 am

I can help you out here...I have almost all of these in my collection and the ones with * are best of the best.

*Rudy (probably one of my faves...football)
*Field of Dreams (baseball)
*Rocky (boxing, the original 1976 one)
We Are Marshall (college football)
*Jerry Maguire (football...but it's also a love story for the ladies)
*The Waterboy (comedic football)
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (if you're into racing)
Days of Thunder (again NASCAR)
Brewster's Millions (baseball)
*Major League (baseball...just stick to the first one)
Space Jam (basketball)
BASEketball
The Hurricane (boxing)
Raging Bull (never seen it but lots of people said it should've won Best Picture Oscar in 1980...)
*Debbie Does Dallas (if you consider Cheerleading a sport)
Dodgeball (the movie)
*Caddyshack (golf)
Happy Gilmore (golf)
Seabiscuit
Secretariat (cheesy Disney horse racing)
Mystery, Alaska (hockey)
*The Karate Kid (1984 originial)
*Bloodsport (Van Damme kicks ass, true story)
*Ong Bak The Thai Warrior (subtitled)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:35 am

I can't believe I left out Caddyshack!

I didn't think Mystery Alaska would really count as a sports movie, but I love that one too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 am

Does Debbie does Dallas count?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:06 am

I included it in my list above....I don't own that one though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:08 am

Golf Related

Happy Gilmore
Tin Cup
The Search for Bagger Vance
Caddyshack

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:14 am

Cinderella Man is damn good as is Prefontaine...that's all I got that hasn't been mentioned...

Check that...just remembered Visionquest...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

The Program
The longest yard (original and Sandler version)
Any Given Sunday

All pretty entertaining football movies. Are you watching the marathon with kids?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 am

Cinderella man, caddyshack , waterboy I am from LA orginally, the natural, the sandlot, and we have to add the classic lady bugs starring rodney dangerfield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:37 am

For you: Vision Quest, Hoosiers and Caddyshack

For the wife: Jerry Maguire, Brian's Song and Remember the Titans

For you both: Debbie Does Dallas (yes it counts)

Rudy is a great flix too but I always think Encino Man and am waiting for the Cavemen to jump out everywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 am

You have a pretty good list going "All though there are some pretty big streachs: Brewsters Millions Evil or Very Mad" any way I will just say my favorites from each sport.

Base Ball: Major League

Foot Ball: The Program

Basket ball: don't really have one, but some one said baseket ball which is an awesome movie

Golf: Tin Cup

Hockey: slap shot

Olympics: Cool runnings

Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Prefontaine is an awesome pick too. I was a 1600m/ miler in high school and college so it hits home for me. +2 Hoffy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Blindside
Miracle

Remember the Titans is one of my all time favorites. I will watch it everytime I find that its on.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Are we really counting Cheerleading? Then how about Bring it On.

Lots of good suggestions, I'd second (and third and fouth) these:

Varsity blues
Hoosiers
Cutting Edge
Bull Durham
Major League
Remember the Titans

If you want something a little different:

A League of Their Own
Searching for Bobby Fisher (Chess)
Finding Forrester
Rounders (Poker)
Rad (BMX)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Hot Dog

Breaking Away

Raging Bull

Last edited by audiopile on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Rounders FTW! Not sure if it's a sports movie, but hells yeah!

How about Better off Dead? Sort of a skiing movie? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:44 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Are we really counting Cheerleading? Then how about Bring it On.

While I disagree that cheerleading is really a sport, Bring It On cannot compare to Debbie Does Dallas... I say this despite the fact that I think Eliza Dushku is f***ing hot in a cheerleader skirt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?   What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is ur Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next