Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Empty
PostSubject: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 am

On the recent closing of his first home. Sounds like he found the perfect place for him, his wife, and her horse...complete with a man cave. Nice! Hope everything goes well moving in. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 am

I know we chatted about it briefly, but it is a big deal and congrats are in order.

Now make sure you make bi-weekly mortgage payments and 1 additional principle payment per year.

You'll literally save a hundred thousand or more by doing this.

I can shoot you the ammortizations if your interested. Most homeowners don't know how much they could save by doing this small step.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Congrats Oldschool!!! It's a great feeling to call a home your own and make it how YOU want it. FBD, great info, you're right alot of people don't realize the extra payment. Like you said, knocks thousands off and years also. Also if you're paying PMI, you can quit paying that sooner too and lower your monthly payments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm

I would do whatever you possibly can to avoid a PMI. It is an absolute bullshit fee that banks use to fund bad loan recovery. Find another bank or do whatever you can to have 20% down at closing. It's literally pissing money away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Yeah it is FBD, money grubbin bastards. Unfortunately, we are paying it but will be done with it this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks guys!! Yep, going to be making bi-weekly payments. Don't think we have a PMI...up here in Canada. Here's a few photos...

Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan House_10
my wife & I in front of the house

Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Bar10
my new hangout in my man-cave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Looks great oldschool!

@Deaththreat...try to refi now. In many cases you can lower your rates and find a bank willing to remove the PMI. You are a lot more attractive to a bank when you already have a mortgage, than when you are trying to get your first.

Other things to negotiate for in mortgage dealings are free float downs. This is when you get to lower your rate if prime goes down during a certain period of time after closing. They will do a rate adjustment without penalty or fee. And yes, they can all do it, but will never volunteer that information to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Congrats Oldschool!

My wife and I are "in progress" on our new house. We're building for a second time, but still have to wait until November. I just own a pile of mud for now. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Congrats Old school so very happy for!! nothing like owning ur own!!!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Congrats OldSchool! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Congrats! I hope to be where you are (not literally, I don't want to live in Canada) some day. I've always wanted massive amounts of home automation, but I could never justify the expense if some other jerk was going to be enjoying the fruits of my awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 am

Nice old school, I just got a new house and, my man cave has to wait till I build the wife a pool. Should of got one that some other poor bastard put in already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

that's an awesome lookin house broski! keep the pics comin when you get the mancave setup! bumper pool table and a MAME arcade cabinet are a must! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 am

Right on NES! All of the stress and ordeal is totally worth it once you settle into your future.

I agree with FBD. I make mortgage payments every week alternately on two properties. I also pay more than the minimum amount. All those extra payments, even if it's only $10 or $15 at a time go right on the principle.

Last edited by audiopile on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:28 am

Woot! Man cave! Next gathering is at OldSchool's place.

Congratulations on the move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:42 am

I think every homeowner here should look at a refi right now. In most cases you can go from a 30 year written 7 years ago at 6 % to a 15 year at 3.5% and have almost the same payment. You're cutting several hundred thousand off of your obligation.

Most people get a mortgage and forget about it, which is what the banks want you to do. I'm involved in the RE business, so it is more top of mind to me than most.

I've refied from a 30 year to a 15 year to a 10 year since 2005 on my primary residence, and my payment has gone up by only a very small amount each time. But when you look at the ammortizations, I'm saving so much money it's truly unbelievable.

Almost all of the money you pay into a mortgage is interest in the beginning years. By reducing your term, you bring the principle forward. This also applies to making additional principle payments on a 30 year. Banks are fucking evil. They withhold as much info about the loan product as possible. An uneducated consumer is their wet dream.

Know about the product and ask questions when financing. They think they have all the cards because you as the borrower are coming to them for money. The truth is, that they need you more than you need them. Without jacking you on interest, they can't make a profit.

If you talk to lenders, they'll all candidly tell you that they "need to get more money out the door". This means they are not originating enough loans. A solvent bank needs to have money "come in the door" as deposits, but without a strong lending program, they're sunk.

I'd advise trying to have as strong a credit rating as possible. This will make you even more powerful when negotiating, and get you better rates. You can get 1 free credit report from all three reporting agencies. Equifax/Experian/TransUnion. Here is the link: [url=annualcreditreport.com,]Credit Report[/url]

DO NOT pay for this with one of those annoying sites like freecreditreport.com

Scan this report thoroughly and close any open accounts. Limit the number of credit cards you use. Potential Debt is as bad as real debt to a creditor.

I hope this is helpful info for you guys. If you have any personal questions, PM me and I'll be glad to help. I hat seeing friends get screwed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Quick question FBD, how can you refinance and avoid paying the outrageous closing costs all over again? If you can't, is there any way to tack it onto the mortgage. I don't exactly have 7 grand just sitting around for the fees.

Ha speak of the devil, the add to the left of the site is for mortgages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:28 pm

If you refi with your current bank you can ask for a rate adjustment, not a true refi, in which case, your costs will be small. Around $1500.

There are many products that can roll closing costs into the mortgage.

I would start with Lending Tree. They will hammer you with emails, but they are usually very competitive. Credit Unions are also famous for very low expenses because they are member owned and non-profit. They have to pass all profits back to the shareholders in the form of reduced fees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeah my local credit union I'm a member of only goes up to 15 year mortgages. Which right now, if we went to a 15, our payments would be to high for comfort I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Maybe it works differently in the US than here, but on any mortgages I've ever seen, there is a certain repayment amount you can do towards your mortgage principle each year. I believe this is a percentage of the actual mortgage amount remaining.

I think that if you have a decent interest rate already, it's better to just make use of that than refinancing because then you are forced to be paying those bigger payments even if you hit a rough patch. Instead you can do as it sounds like audio was saying he does which is put the money when you can.

Ideally as is often said with investing, you are supposed to "pay yourself first" so you can even setup automatic payments on the same day as your paycheque arrives against your mortgage that way you never really see the money so you don't miss it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:13 pm

CerebusArdvark wrote:
Ideally as is often said with investing, you are supposed to "pay yourself first" so you can even setup automatic payments on the same day as your paycheque arrives against your mortgage that way you never really see the money so you don't miss it.

Yes! I use ING for everything (not pimpin') and can create as many accounts as I want for free, it's all free. My paychecks come in and are immediately dispersed to all of these accounts in the amount i desire. If there is anything left after "miscellaneous spending" bills are paid, the best thing to do with that money is to throw that money against big debts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan   Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congrats to OldSchoolNESfan
Page 1 of 1