Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

A guide to QUICK SCOPING

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

A guide to QUICK SCOPING Empty
PostSubject: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:37 pm

I noticed a lot of people complaining about getting quick scoped so I thought why no fight fire with fire. I will tell you there is NO GREATER feeling than quick scoping a quick scoper!

If anyone wants to learn how to Quick Scope I would be happy to help them out in a private lobby. I am by no means the best, but I can play any game type and go positive every time. My "Custom Class 3" has always and will always be dedicated to quick scoping. Here are some basic tips to get you started:

Classes-
If you are only quick scoping
perk 1 - sleight of hand pro - needed for faster weapon swaps in close range or when you get a hit marker)
perk 2 - quick draw - no arguments, a MUST HAVE
perk 3 - steady aim - this will help not only acquiring new targets, but also on panic shots when someone walks around the corner

If you are quick scoping AND hard scoping
Perk 1 - SoH pro again
Perk 2 - see previous perk 2 statement
Perk 3 - marksman - don't necessarily need Pro but it will help, it's really just for long shots and "seeing" through dark areas and smoke because sometimes you will only see their name and not their body (FIRE AWAY!!!)

Sniper Rifle Selection- I prefer the Barrett because it is accurate, semi automatic, and has a high capacity magazine, however, it is ultimately up to you. Another great thing about the Barrett is you can also "panic spray" when someone pops out around a corner. I recommend using the heartbeat sensor because you don't really need any other attachment and the Kick proficiency.

Gameplay Tips- When starting out don't play as aggressively as you would with any other weapon. Try going into a Ground War game and picking people off while staying behind some of your teammates. Once you get better you will be able to go off on your own poppin' domes and calling in Reapers left and right.

Target Acquisition (getting the kill!)- OK here's the tough part. You need to have a good idea of what you are facing (with your crosshairs) at all times. If you are close, a lot of times you can just pull the trigger a quarter to a half second after you aim down the sights and get the kill. HOWEVER, most of the time you won't be that close to pull off the kill so you will need to drag the crosshairs right or left. THIS TAKES PRACTICE!!! If you are way off target you will want to un-scope and try again but if he's just dancing rain some hell.
I am at the point where where I hit many of my shots in 1 try but it doesn't work that way every time. Once you have a good idea at what exactly you will zoom into the moment you aim you will know whether you need to drag right or drag left.

Ideally, it would be great to get a private lobby of 6 or more in FFA for practice. Its a lot of fun when you get the hang of it even though it can be frustrating at first. Post a reply below if you would be interested in the lobby and I will work on getting everyone together for some fun.

cheers Praise Me!!! cheers

No....or call me a douche No

Last edited by ImGoodIfYouSuck on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I misspelled "time" and "off")
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Interesting. Not my style of quickscoping setups but definitely still a good setup. Im actually thinking of switching to the barret as the L118A and its nonstop hitmarkers is beginning to piss me off. Suggestion for you though. Try running Speed with the Barrett, since you're doing nothing but QSing Speed lets you move with the Barrett @ the same speed as if you had an AR. Nice tips man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Very interesting gonna have to try this ive always wanted to learn how to quickscope cause sometimes those guys piss me off lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks for the tips...I'd have to try this in a private match. I wish they had combat training like in Black Ops.... I still can't hard scope very well even... Thinking about trying to improve that by sitting outside the Drop Zone if my team is winning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:49 pm

I'll post the same thing I always post in these "How to QS" threads...

While learning, basically take your finger off the left thumbstick before aiming and shooting. You can use the right thumbstick for left to right turning but you're screwed if you take a single step forwards/backwards or sideways as your bullets don't go exactly where you aim while on the move.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Good stuff my man, vegas and some others have helped out alot of guys on here (includeing me) and its nice to have another spin on things. I too use the L118a and the same set up as vegas (duh) i still like the bolt action guns, makes me feel like im hunting deer lol

On the QS'ing lobby, I already have the game mode saved and ready to go if you want to get in some games i am always ready! I try to get one goin at least once a week(see sr slampeaces vids lol) we have a blast and my door is always open.

Oh i have 1 spot on my F/L so please try agan, i will try to save it for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:20 pm

I love my MSR but like Vegas said with the L118A, the hitmarkers can be a pain in the ass. It reminds me of my Counter-Strike 1.3-1.6 days and "legging" people with the AWP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 am

I did a few QS privs with a friend and I got 1 OHK out of an entire match with the L118a. Never got the hang of it since it seemed more trouble then it's worth. I have seen people be effective with it for sure though! I always have the same idea as woodysgamertag when it comes to things people call overpowered like quickscoping and shotguns. Try it first! It's usually harder than it looks! I get tons of hit markers with the shotties so they aren't the ever powerful beasts people seem to think they are when they die to them. Same with quickscoping, it looks like a simple thing to exploit a "feature" but if you try it out it is pretty difficult to be good with it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:50 am

I really want to use the barrett but the raise time compared to the L118A is alot slower, which causes problems.
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:55 pm

DELTAxDOG wrote:

Oh i have 1 spot on my F/L so please try agan, i will try to save it for you!

I'M RUNNING TO MY XBOX NOW!!!! IT WILL BE THERE IN 2 MINUTES! lol
Back to top Go down
Psycho Reaper33

Psycho Reaper33

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:07 pm

I wonder if they would still call it quick scoping if you were using a rocket launcher? That's probably the only way I could do it.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Psycho Reaper33 wrote:
I wonder if they would still call it quick scoping if you were using a rocket launcher? That's probably the only way I could do it.

lol! those damn RPGs are worse than getting QS'd!
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:02 pm

DELTAxDOG wrote:
Psycho Reaper33 wrote:

lol! those damn RPGs are worse than getting QS'd!

it is pretty annoying but looks sweet when they fly over your shoulder or a long distance RPG final kill cam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:37 pm

So when is quickscoping classs lol
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:33 pm

x30x scoooby wrote:
So when is quickscoping classs lol

lol, well not too many people seem interested so maybe Sunday (tomorrow) night. I'll set it up if its just us but we will probably have enough people online that will have some interest to get some fun going.

I'll send you a FR now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Ok cool i was trying to quickscope with my son and his friends last night and damn it was hard i was getting killed left and right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:44 pm

The only thing I could add it's not a cop out to switch to the duel fmgs when your on the move or getting rushed by multiples. They'll save your ass and get you closer to that ks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:51 pm

My 9 yr old son and his friends were playing a private match of nothing but quickscoping. I was amazed how good my son and his little friends were made me feel like a crappy player after being beaten by them lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Guide to QS.

1) Take game out of console. Never play again.

2) Find someone to repeatedly kick you hard in the face. Hard.

3) Rinse and repeat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Grumpy_lobster wrote:
Guide to QS.

3) Rinse and repeat.

Lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:10 pm

x30x scoooby wrote:
Grumpy_lobster wrote:
Guide to QS.

3) Rinse and repeat.

Lmao

Whenever I played MW2 I got dominated by those guys. Kinda went away in Black Ops and I pee'd myself a little of joy.

Now in Battlefield 3 I don't have to worry about that. I worry about USAS eith frag rounds cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:23 pm

I never could get into bf3 but then again i only played it 3 times and thought to myself that ot wasnt for me
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:05 am

some great info, still can't get the pop shot down, i got the drag shot down pretty good, and i still get owned by vegas, keep practicing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:37 am

Kamea6 wrote:
some great info, still can't get the pop shot down, i got the drag shot down pretty good, and i still get owned by vegas, keep practicing.

You're still quite a challenge bud, love to snipe with ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:47 pm

I'd play with you guys anytime. It would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guide to QUICK SCOPING   A guide to QUICK SCOPING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A guide to QUICK SCOPING
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next