Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

NY Yankee Spring Training Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage

NY Yankee Spring Training Home Empty
PostSubject: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 am

Hey guys, I know we have some Yankee fans in the clan, and living in Tampa I drive by their complex a lot and don't even think of it. I was down that way yesterday and decided to stop and take some pics so that those of you that have never been down could maybe see it up close. I snapped a bunch of random pics to show how nice the complex is. The cool thing is that they had all of the practice fields open so you could walk right up to the grass. My dad was a Yankee fan as we had no baseball in Tampa growing up, but the Rays have grown on me over time and are my true home town team...but there is a special place in my heart for the Yanks because of the connection to my Dad.

There are also several pics of Raymond James Stadium because it is right across the street (and connected by a walkway bridge to George Steinbrenner Stadium).

Thanks and enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 am

The pics are posted in the Pic & Screenshot section on the home page.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:54 am

Thanks for the pics STPR06. They r awesome. I will make sure to take plenty when we go see Our Yankees wax some braves ass in June. Next time ur there use ur inner thief and swipe me that 1st Yankees garbage can. That thing is sweet and would go awesome with the Yankees memorabilia in my office. I'm sure they wouldn't miss it. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:07 am

Love the Yankees, took a trip to new York to see a game at the old stadium before it was torn down. Great moment in my baseball life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm a Phillies fan, but I'm not a Yankee hater, I guess they are my AL team. Living where I do, it's about an hour and a half to the Bronx, and my company has box seats, so I go to a few games a year.

This may sound like blasphemy, but I thought the old Yankee Stadium was a dump. It had none of the charm of Wrigley or Fenway, as it was totally reworked in the early 70's. It had that stale cookie cutter feel like Vet Stadium, Fulton County, Three Rivers, etc. I know it was technically the house that Ruth built, but I never got the goosebumps going there.

The new Stadium is very nice, but still doesn't feel like a true ballpark...more like a football stadium. Too much concrete, no outfield concourse, very vertical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:41 pm

The old Yankee stadium was indeed a dump. I swear i can still smell the funky stench that place seemed to have. Nothing to the extreme that Shea was but none the less still a dump. Yeah it was where alot of history was made but IMO you just felt like it was nothing special when you gazed around. Id like to see a game at the new stadium but im not paying an arm and leg to do so and besides i dont feel like hearing an earfull of shit all game from numerous fans. Yeah i know im biased but honestly you cant beat the experience of a game at Fenway. With all the renovations added to the old charm it makes for a great time even if you arent a Sox fan or even a die hard baseball fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:56 pm

I hate the yankees...always have...I do appreciate the history of the team however...

Cool pics man...thanks!

http://www.over30clan.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13230014
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Nix, you'd love CBP in Philly. Try to get down here when the Sox are in town for interleague.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:22 pm

FBD wrote:
Nix, you'd love CBP in Philly. Try to get down here when the Sox are in town for interleague.
CBP is definitely one of the parks id love to see. I know a few people that have been there in the last few years and they all said its a great place to see a game. The Phillies are one of the NL teams i keep my eye on so id even head there for a non interleague game if i had a chance. Im having a hard time even coming up with time for more than 1 or 2 Sox games this year so i doubt im going to be seeing any games elsewhere though. Usually i have some excess vacation time each year to play around with but i had to save it for Oct so i can have another drunken week of paradise in Key West.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Camden Yards is the nicest park I have been to, I have been to a good 15 ballparks (including old ones)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NY Yankee Spring Training Home   NY Yankee Spring Training Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NY Yankee Spring Training Home
Page 1 of 1