Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?

Go down 
+7
chuckystylez1970
DELTAxDOG
NukeLaCoog
Ogbunabali
BlackDeath
Gunz N Beer
Sr Slampiece
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Empty
PostSubject: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 pm

As a new member, and one who is consistently on the low end of the scoreboard, I'm definitely interested in seeing what I can do to get up to speed as quickly as possible so I'm not hurting the team. I figure I'm probably not the only one in this situation, so I was wondering if anyone would like to arrange some private matches to go over the basics, share some tips and class advice, and un-learn some of the bad habits we've picked up playing with nothing but randoms before we joined.

I know there's no substitute for experience, but there are probably a fair number of noob mistakes that could be avoided with a few pointers that might be obvious to people who've been at this awhile.

If not, feel free to turn this into a tips thread, those are always fun too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:31 pm

I felt the same way, so checked out some youtube channels. Just search for:
Woodysgamertag
Tmartn
xChrisPyyx
WhiteBoy7thst
Drift0r
ONLYUSEmeBLADE
ONS1AUGH7
xJawz

More or less in that order. It can be repetitive, so I'd just start with Woodysgamertag and maybe Tmartn. Hope this helps.

I would be interested in a common MW3 map callout list.... found one on the forums for BOps, but haven't come across a MW3 version.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Hey man, I'd be glad to get into a private match and help you out. Send me a FR and we can figure out a time to run through some things.

Now, be prepared for the onslaught of post to follow about how you should not listen to any advise I have to give. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:

Hey man, I'd be glad to get into a private match and help you out. Send me a FR and we can figure out a time to run through some things.

Now, be prepared for the onslaught of post to follow about how you should not listen to any advise I have to give. Laughing

Pro Tip - If Slam is using his drunk account do the exact opposite of what he is doing/saying. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gunz N Beer

Gunz N Beer

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 pm

bring marshmallows and firewood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:51 am

Ill train with ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:23 am

Thanks for the offers of help and feedback, all.

EightyOne, I've seen some of woody's videos, but I'll definitely check out some of the others as well. Also, I found a list of maps with callouts here, and I've been working on learning them:

https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t2880-deoge-s-mw3-maps-with-callouts

As for the others, I'd definitely like to take you up on the offers- I'm generally free after about 4:30 pm weekdays and most of the time on weekends. Just let me know what's convenient for you (oh, and I'll get a friend req sent to slam when I get home later).
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:19 am

EightyOneMM wrote:
I felt the same way, so checked out some youtube channels. Just search for:
Woodysgamertag
Tmartn
xChrisPyyx
WhiteBoy7thst
Drift0r
ONLYUSEmeBLADE
ONS1AUGH7
xJawz

More or less in that order. It can be repetitive, so I'd just start with Woodysgamertag and maybe Tmartn. Hope this helps.

I would be interested in a common MW3 map callout list.... found one on the forums for BOps, but haven't come across a MW3 version.

Scratch woody off that list - that guy is more interested in promoting his completely unrelated bullshit vs any really good COD info. I vote Tmartn all the way.

A3rik - learning spawns and understanding how they work along with choke points of the map are probably good places to start. Unlocking all the weapons would probably help too. Play according to your load out. If you're using a sub then its likely you'll be on the move more. Shot gun - stay in close quarters stay away from open areas, etc. You'll get the hang of it in no time. Also google Kontrol Freek's they can help with accuracy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:34 am

This is a tricky one, there are some good video's and there are a lot of crap video's / or out of date!. They can't do any harm, but the best advice I can give is to play it how you want to play and learn as you go.

If you have questions about anything SMG's just ask, as they are the only weapons I have used, to level.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:47 am

I agree with BD, Woodys content doesn't quite cater to us old guys anymore. Unless you like hearing letters from 13 year old boys having wet dreams or putting stupid shit in a microwave. However, he did start doing a tactical Tuesday series which is useful.

Also depends on what type of game mode you like to play the most?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Callouts for the mw3 maps can be found here:

https://imgur.com/a/HEwc3

Not all are the same as on deoge's callouts, but more maps are done. No spawn locations though.

A3rik, hit me up with a friend request. I'm on most evenings between 9-11 Eastern.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Hey don't feel like u are bringing down the team, we welcome all skill levels and win most games. Improve for yourself, but don't worry about being judged. After you work with slam i'll be glad to show u how to kickass without being a dirty dick in the dirt....

Trolololol slam!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 pm

I am in the same boat as A3rik. Would anyone that offered to help him be able to show me some tips sometime. I play and watch watch you all run around and wreck things. I tend to play my part and sit in the back lines in case someone slips through to a flag.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 pm

ill be on later tonight around 9p est - delta said he'd be on tonight as well - if either of you guys can make it dont hesitate to just pop into our party or any other fellow clanny for that matter

its easy to get frustrated with this game - blackops was my first fps and since then i've doubled my k/d even with my shit ass connection

it just takes time and think about what you're doing - some of the best advice from all those heavy youtubers is "control the situation" that simply means if you know there is a mob around the corner DONT run in there lol use a flash, nade, or c4, hell rpg

its so easy to get all wound up with this f'n game and forget the basics because your frustrated - in poker they call that being on "tilt" its no different here being mad and frustrated makes you do stupid shit....delta is a prime example of that Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Do either of you have internet access close by your xbox? Reason I ask is we could get into a private match and I can broadcast my screen on the internet so you can see things from my perspective simultaneously..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Mine is a wireless signal but very close to my Xbox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Ill jump on very shortly and grab up you guys, and go over some things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks.

Have you learned the FPS Doug Patented BOOM HEADSHOT! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:15 pm

I own the rights to said patent. BOOM! HEADSHOT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Heh, I appreciate it. I was on last night, but the party filled up and then I got booted and couldn't rejoin. Same thing happened today, actually. :p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:42 pm

FPSDoug thanks for the intro lesson and help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:02 pm

No problem, we can do some more later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Looks like this is mostly a XBox thread, but if any of the new guys that play PS would like to jump in a private match I would be glad to show them the LateNighters strategy and callouts.

The Latenighters play pretty much the same strategy as guys like Stream, Savvy, etc. So it would probable be helpful all around.

If interested send me a msg when you see me on or get into a match with me.

I had to learn by spending time playing with the guys and asking a lot of questions.

It would expediate the process with some private match time.

Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 pm

canis put me down as one that would really appreciate it. I am a late nighter in central and will be on all weekend...btw your friends list is full
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Sounds good.

It usually is full. I will see if I can make room.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?   Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there any interest in practice/ noob-training sessions?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next