Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Skill Score: What is it good for?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Skill Score: What is it good for? Empty
PostSubject: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Checking BF3Stats and plunked my skill score into the history chart...

SPM, KDR, WL all steadily climbing up up up... looking good, feeling good.

Then I plunk in my skill score. It looks like the heart monitor of someone who is having an over dose. As all my other indicators have improved this one has gotten considerably worse.

So I can only improve skill when I kill someone better than me? I feel like I am playing better than I ever have, but the skill score is painful to watch....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:42 pm

There are so many stats in BF3 and so many topics on the main forum as which ones people use to judge you as a BF3 player, and I have no idea.

My SPM isn't that great (275 I think?) and that seemed like a good judge but then I can't understand how people rock 600-700 SPM. It is literally your score per minute, so how much experience gaining actions you perform in 1 minute. So we cap a few flags and kill a few people, but if we never lose any flags, the only ways to increase your SPM are with kills and class actions such as reviving. Except capping flags and arming/blowing up MCOM stations is uber exp while kills and such arn't.

I realize that ribbons and medals also add to SPM, so kill whores with various weapons could be huge but ribbons are only every 50 medals.

It's kind of like CoD dom games where you hold a few flags, and finish a game with 4 caps. If the enemy never gets them back, it's hard to gain caps. Do people take flags, camp them out and let enemies take them back, leave and then you return to cap your flag over and over?

For the record, I have zero clue what or how the "skill" score is calculated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm

I hear you about SPM. If you cap all the flags and then keep the other team from recapping them then you are cool, but still have low SPM. Now if you kill someone from inside the 'burn circle' then you get a 'flag defended' bonus... But really, how often does that happen?

Skill is its own system as I understand it. You get skill points for killling people. The higher the skill score of the other person the more skill points you get for killing them. If you are killed by lower skill scored people then your skill score will drop. For multiple updates you can see my score is -22; -30; -11, yet my SPM continues to rise and my KDR continues to go up as well.

My stats are going up but my comparative score is dropping...itis weird
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:18 pm

I just checked my skill and it's at 342 which means nothing to me really. Battlefield is all about teamwork and capping flags. All I do is cap flags and if someone gets in my way I kill them .... or try to. Most people that care about Skill, SPM, K/D play TDM on Metro which gets sickening really fast. For me it's Conquest or nothing Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 pm

CyberTwiXX wrote:
I just checked my skill and it's at 342 which means nothing to me really. Battlefield is all about teamwork and capping flags. All I do is cap flags and if someone gets in my way I kill them .... or try to. Most people that care about Skill, SPM, K/D play TDM on Metro which gets sickening really fast. For me it's Conquest or nothing Wink

My man, you gotta play Rush sometime with a team of 30's.. Usually pretty fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Agreed Darkker, we definitely need to get the lads playing more Rush. Defending can be kinda boring against a crappy team and hard to win against a good team, but attacking is amazing.

Just be sure to leave your sniper rifles and jets at the door Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:17 pm

I like bacon, unicorns, and Rush (not the band, but some songs are ok).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Lol, I can't believe I'm ranked this high at lv 20. Looks like skill ranking is pretty random.

bf3stats.com/leaderboard/ps3_elo#start_31300_CyberTwiXX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 pm

The only score that looking good for me is the quit score at 4%...I'm in the top 7%. Apparently, I don't mind getting my ass kicked...

My SPM is never going to be up there unless I change my play style. I enjoy going around the long way to cap flags to much, which of course takes a lot of time away from pulling the trigger. So be it...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 am

Ehw where you can actually check skill score? I would be interested on how this is calculated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:11 am

Tema24 wrote:
Ehw where you can actually check skill score? I would be interested on how this is calculated.

You can check it on Battlelog in the area at the bottom of your profile where all your in-game stats like W/L, KDR, total revives, repairs etc is.

You can also probably search the official forums for "skill" and see what topics come up and if there is anything as to a formula for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:13 am

Kk thanks Carl Very Happy

Damn I want to get into a game with you guys but than I have to get up at 4:00 AM in the morning or something -.-

If you play the objective and win that takes way more skill than people who abuse the USAS or someone spawnraping with a little bird..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 am

* You gain/loose SL based on every confrontation with another player
* Killing a highly skilled enemy gives you more points than killing someone less skilled
* Points are not transferred from a player to another, they are simply added/subtracted based on the encounter and the SL of both parts (thus, after an encounter, one part may go up 50 points while the other loses only 20)
* The SL is used for matchmaking

That would mean its easier if your just starting to get a high skill level and as you play more games this would go down?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 am

I would think much like your KDR, it's easier to start out fresh with some skill. It's much harder to raise your KDR (and skill) as you play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

I had raised my skill to almost 550 a few nights ago yet today its down to 365? I dont really take much stock in that stat though as my spm and kdr keep rising. SPM is really all i care about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:51 pm

The only stat I really care about for real is the fun I have running with you saucy bastards!

That and Knife kills, but that's a distant second
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skill Score: What is it good for?   Skill Score: What is it good for? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skill Score: What is it good for?
Page 1 of 1