Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Empty
PostSubject: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 am

Checked out my stats on elite; and noticed that my accuracy stats were way low late last night - to the tune of only 1/7 games had accuracy over 10% and no "good" games for me - which is is greater than 10 kills and close to a 1.0 KD.

This morning, 6/6 games accuracy OVER 10%, and 4/6 good games. This was using the same guns/class setups. I used to think there were a lot better players on late at night, now I'm thinking lag and hit detection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 am

The better your connection is, the closer to the game host you physically are. Late at night, there will be less people from your region playing, so in all likelyhood you will be physically far from the game host, which equals being behind.

Some people have the opposite problem, good games at night but crappy during the day. I think this can be explained by ISP traffic shaping, which ALL MAJOR ISPs use to restrict bandwidth during peak traffic hours.

If it looks like you're shooting a badguy and not getting hit markers, invariably you are behind him on connection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:33 am

I realize that now, just thought it was interesting since you're always hearing about lag, but I've never seen any #'s that would back it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:48 am

On the subject of lag, Deadeye posted a good video on the UK forums detailing how to get the most out of the connection you have.

The part that helped me the most was "tv input lag". After turning off some of the optional filtering and texture enhancements (my tv does not have gaming mode) I noticed a significant improvement in my gameplay (the killcams looked like what really happened). Most people have no idea about TV input lag, but even some really expensive tv's add almost a half a second of lag. Half a second is 100 years in a gunfight.

I hope this thread turns into a place for us to drop hints about what works for us, because I know for a fact that most of us do not have all the information about optimal settings for gaming and this could really help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Got a link, Cap? I searched Deadeye's posts, and it's not showing.

My tv has a "gaming" mode where it supposedly speeds up, I use it but truthfully didn't notice much of a difference.

I was considering trying this (static IP and port forwarding), since in the comments many said it greatly improved their connection.

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=5bwm0GeoPXQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:27 pm

a combination of connection speed, modem, router, host location, and number of players online is what affects lag. plus, when school is out, weekends and holidays (spring break) I notice the amount of "kid" players are on, you know the ones with the fast reflexes all jacked up on mountain dew. look how much lag you get in ground war. as long as mw3 uses player hosts you will have significant lag issues no matter what high speed settings you use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 am

http://euk30.forumotion.co.uk/t609-how-not-to-suck-at-call-of-duty

it's not a fancy picture box or anything, but it leads to one.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:43 am

CaptainHammer420 wrote:
http://euk30.forumotion.co.uk/t609-how-not-to-suck-at-call-of-duty

it's not a fancy picture box or anything, but it leads to one.

U can't see this link without a EUK login?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 am

Past couple nights have been horrible. I can hear my hit markers and still get lit up, I check it out on the theater and I'm seconds behind the guy. I know same old story with lag, I understand that but it's been way overboard lately. Since the Dbl XP wkend it's been worse and worse.I look into my settings and backed my TV down to 720 instead of the 1080 that I've had it on, and appeared that I was running slightly better during the day. Too bad it didn't do anything at night. Going to stick to day games for awhile. Thanks, I felt like complaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection   Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late Night vs. Day Hit Detection
Page 1 of 1