Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Cable Provider Joys

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cable Provider Joys Empty
PostSubject: Cable Provider Joys   Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Past two weeks my connection has been up and down. It's fine when I play solo but in a party I get lag, stuck on a Killcam and then "Lost Connection". So haven't played MW3 that much lately. This past weekend I had called my router company and went through all the settings just to make sure it wasn't the router. My usual connection is usually pretty good, most times I'm usual a four-bar signal with some lag spikes and what I mentioned before. I'm not an Noob with computers/PS3 and I'm just not familiar with all the lingo. Anyway, I called my Cable Provider and was asking about different plans. They had a the same packaged but higher Net speed and a cheaper price by like 5$. Sounds great right. They had me power cycle down my modem and restart it. During this my kids were getting a little rowdy and I needed to end the phone conversation. Well The modem got stuck in endless cycle of trying to reset itself. So called Tech Support and they couldn't do anything except send someone else out for today. I figured if they are only swapping out the modem and can ask if they can move my line down to the first floor. I assumed the one of the bedrooms upstairs was going to be an office, that was until we had our second child. He loves to play with things that aren't his, especially with cool lights on them. Well the new package includes Unlimited calling, the only reason I have a home phone is because it is hardwired into our security system. So that needed to be shut down for an hour or so as well, which turned into 30 minutes of phone calls. If he moved the modem behind the TV then he would have to run a phone line to the security system. This would just be more issues when some toy goes behind the TV and the kids disconnect the line by accident and the cops would show up. He installed it downstairs which if I wanted to hardwire the PS3 it's just a small hole near the baseboard and about 10-12 feet to the router. Doing all this improved(crossing my fingers) my speed and lowered my bill. BUT I haven't been able to test the PS3 just yet because I'm home with the kids and we are in heavy play mode since yesterday and this morning it rained. I hope it improved my connection to the point where I'm not getting booted out of matches. I'll know later. Thanks for reading if you did..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cable Provider Joys   Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Wow...what a pain in the ass. Running the PS3 hardwired seems to help most considerable...also, if you're still running through a router you may want to look into running the PS3 through a DMZ...that helps a lot...I had a moderate NAT and all sorts of connection issues before I did it, and now my connection is way better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cable Provider Joys   Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Well I got to play a couple Dom matches with some 30 guys and it seems ALOT better. I never got kicked out like I have been. It felt smoother then I have played, or ever for that matter. I will hardwire it soon, just need to make a run to RadioCRAP and grab about a 15ft E.line..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cable Provider Joys   Cable Provider Joys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cable Provider Joys
Page 1 of 1