Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Whisky and Whiskey recommendations

Go down 
+5
BlackDeath
JK STEELERS68
RabbitDemon
DjaxDjax6
JAGERpatrol
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am

I'm on a pretty strict fitness regimen these days, and I've basically cut out the beer (except on FBD pool party weekends), so I'm experimenting with different Whiskeys...Bourbons, Scotch, etc.

Unfortunately I have expensive taste as my 2 current favs in both categories are not cheap...Johnny Walker Black (occasionally Gold or Blue) and Blanton's.

I'm looking for some mid range alternatives to try, and there are so damned many. Not looking for stuff that needs to be mixed, just straight drinking varieties. Just want a smooth one to sip on the rocks.

I'm in a relationship with a bottle of Woodford reserve in the bourbon family right now, and have been dating Glenfiddich 12 year old on the side. Since I'm new to the Whisk(e)y thing, any good Bourbons or Scotchs in the $28-$40 range I should try? Looking for smoothness as I don't like it too bitey where it needs water.

Look forward to your input. I know I can count on you drunks for this one.

(It's 8:00am and I'm thinking about Whiskey...oh boy) cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:09 am

Dewars White Label blended Scotch whisky is prob my fav. its smooth and wont kill you with the price. if you have not tryed it you should give it a day in court and see what the verdict is. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:33 am

Templeton Rye. Al Capone drank the shit during prohibition. Made in a SMALL town in Iowa, you can order it online, I am not a whiskey guy but this is turning me into one, downed two bottles already my third is hanging in the cabinet!

Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:15 am

I'm not a big whiskey fan, but J.D. will always be a favorite. Gentleman's Jack goes down real nice, and Honey Jack is absolutely delicious...
Back to top Go down
DjaxDjax6

DjaxDjax6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Ahhh, a man with taste. I enjoy only one good glass of whisky a week, so I make sure it's a good drop.

I love Jim Beam black label, it's an excellent Bourbon. Pure class in a glass.

As far as single malt scotch whisky goes you can't go wrong with Balvenie 12 Year old Signature or Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood (reminds me better buy another bottle of that).

There is another spyside whisky I enjoy that is reasonably priced but I can't remember the damn name (it will come to me).

Either of the above aren't too expensive but expect to pay a little more than your run-of-the-mill whisky. I keep my eyes peeled for supermarket promos.

Last edited by DjaxDjax6 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jim Bean!! I'm a doofus)
Back to top Go down
RabbitDemon

RabbitDemon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Knob Creek is one of my Favs for sure.... Gots a bite it does.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DemonRabbitGaming

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 am

DjaxDjax6 wrote:
Ahhh, a man with taste. I enjoy only one good glass of whisky a week, so I make sure it's a good drop.

As far as single malt scotch whisky goes you can't go wrong with Balvenie 12 Year old Signature or Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood (reminds me better buy another bottle of that).

T

I've had the Balvenie 12 yo...good, but a bit smoky. I'm eyeing the Oban for my next single malt, but it is not cheap.

I've heard Rare Eagle is a good, smooth bourbon, anyone had that yet?
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 am

Bulleit Bourbon and Maker's Mark (Tennessee Whiskey George Dickel #12)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Jameson... Nuff said
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:42 pm

I enjoy Crown Royal, Jack, Jim Bean and when times is rough Canadian Club is a good value. I drink far too much to get the real pricey shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Manic says Jameson, I s Powers Irish Whiskey. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Try some single barrel scotches. My fav is mccallen. but its a bit expensive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:31 am

in no particular order, Gentleman Jack, Jack Single, Woodford are great. I'm a middle of the road guy. I know this sounds odd but, try Phillips Union. It's not expensive and has a vanilla tint that makes it way too easy to drink straight, no water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Maker's Mark, Elijah Craig 18 year single barrel, Buffalo Trace, American Honey (ice cold though), and the newest from Woodford Reserve... Double Oak, very smooth. Oh yeah, Jameson too. Love Bourbon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Tullamore Dew
Back to top Go down
Barney_killer187

Barney_killer187

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm

i have had rare eagle, it is good!
Back to top Go down
Barney_killer187

Barney_killer187

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm

but then again I do drink jack and dew...... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:37 pm

RABBIT_THUG wrote:
Knob Creek is one of my Favs for sure.... Gots a bite it does.....

Now heres someone who understands what the hell bourbon whiskey should taste like. Honestly, having drank bourbon my entire life, I am to the point where Jack Johnny or Jim, just dont do it for me anymore. Its either Knob Creek or Makers Mark. But if you want to go cheap but still tasty. Old Crow, or Ten high will always do ya just fine. I've found the cheaper the bourbon, the better honestly. But the two top top shelf Knob and Makers are the best period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:18 am

I made a typo earlier...it's Eagle Rare 10yo. Sweet, sweet, golden goodness.

Next on my hit list is Buffalo Trace. Heard good things.

Jim Beam Black was also very good...WAY better than Jim Beam white label, and not too expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:34 am

How did I miss this, manic , jameson rocks, I buy crown reserve, that is a spectacular beverage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I buy Evan Williams mostly because that's what my Pah introduced me to. It may be value-priced, but it's very smooth and I drink it neat or on the rocks. If they've been making it as long as they have been ("Kentucky's oldest distiller", the label says), then they must be doing something right! But somewhere where they likely don't stock this, I'll order Maker's Mark, or Tullamore Dew for an Irish Whiskey.
Back to top Go down
TheShamrock7

TheShamrock7

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Jameson is smooth! I have tried many whiskey's and always go back to Jameson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Never really liked Jameson...I need to try the Crown Reserve. Crown is like pancake syrup...sooo sweet and delicious.

I'm becoming quite a Whisk(e)y lush now that Ive quit the beer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 am

DpwnShift wrote:
I buy Evan Williams mostly because that's what my Pah introduced me to. It may be value-priced, but it's very smooth and I drink it neat or on the rocks. If they've been making it as long as they have been ("Kentucky's oldest distiller", the label says), then they must be doing something right! But somewhere where they likely don't stock this, I'll order Maker's Mark, or Tullamore Dew for an Irish Whiskey.

^ Agreed. E willy is great tasting for the price. Reach around granted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 pm

After a week of reading this thread, I bought a bottle of jameson..and a 750ml crown reserve and a bottle of makers mark, best 170 I spent in a while, granted it will take a long time for me to drink those, but I need to do a scientific experiment to determine the best, no beer tonight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whisky and Whiskey recommendations   Whisky and Whiskey recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whisky and Whiskey recommendations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next