Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Need receiver recommendations

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Need receiver recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm getting tired of pulling out my surround sound receiver to momentarily disconnect a cable to allow the sound to switch from digital coax to optical. It's a few year old sony but has no hdmi inputs. Anyone have recommendations on relatively inexpensive 5.1 receivers with at least 3 hdmi input ports? Was looking at a Yamaha rx-v373. gonna scope out the open box racks at BestBuy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Got a Marantz with 5 hdmis plus all the others...highly recommended. Powers my outdoor speakers as well and it's all controlled with Apple Airport Express from an iphone or ipad. It's pretty ridiculous actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:05 am

I've got a Denon which I've heard is a pretty good receiver. It's model AVR-791. It's got 4 or 5 HDMI ports (TV, cable, DVD, one for my PS3). Also has ipod port in front. Also has the red/blue/green for video output and s-video and optical audio options as well. I don't have enough accessories or wires to fill all the ports in the back. It's a 5.1 Surround.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 am

whats your budget?

you can get a Onkyo with 6 inputs 1 output for under 300 bucks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120195

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:21 am

Calvin Johnson FTW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 am

carlmuir wrote:
Calvin Johnson FTW

Nice to see my fellow Canadians understand American football! That'd be sweet to get some electronic equipment branded as Megatron....maybe he'll go into technology marketing/development when he retires. Ok, done thread hijacking....the Fantasy Football thread is elsewhere and we still need a few guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am

JBings wrote:
I'm getting tired of pulling out my surround sound receiver to momentarily disconnect a cable to allow the sound to switch from digital coax to optical. It's a few year old sony but has no hdmi inputs. Anyone have recommendations on relatively inexpensive 5.1 receivers with at least 3 hdmi input ports? Was looking at a Yamaha rx-v373. gonna scope out the open box racks at BestBuy.

I have a Yamaha RX-V363, circa 2009...

I do NOT use the HDMIs on it at all, I have PS3 and Cable box going HDMI into my Plasma directly, optical from PS3 intro Trittons, Coaxial Audio from Cable box to receiver, Optical from TV into receiver...

so my receiver is currently getting fed an optical and a coaxial cable and thats all and it switches digital/analog automatically based on programming

The receiver cost me $149.99 when I bought it as it was being discontinued and it sounds great with my wall mounted front sound bar and in-wall rears... I used to be a big audio guy, had H/K seperate amp/pre-amp prior to this with big capacitors and huge power (not to mention it weighed 150 lbs) and honestly I cant even tell the difference lol

old ears I guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:08 pm

i never thought about running the optical out of the tv.....good call, i'll try that before i spend the cash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need receiver recommendations   Need receiver recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need receiver recommendations
Page 1 of 1