Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

batten down the hatches and stay safe

Go down 
AuthorMessage

batten down the hatches and stay safe Empty
PostSubject: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:13 pm

You guys on the east coast take it handy for the next couple of days and stay safe. I want to continue playing with ye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:18 pm

I'll second Fran on that...you don't mess with the Mother Nature clan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 pm

irrine is taking hold bro's pls be safe as the boys said, i want to play with ya's again Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 pm

I want to punish all you EC slagggssss like the little bitches you are!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:47 pm

I have been at work since 8am Friday, Essential personell sucks ass. A little rain and wind, At least NC is on the backside of the storm now, so the worst has past as long as the tide doesn't rise. Thanks for the concern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Now the water is rising from the soundside, several feet of water on the road in places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:23 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
Now the water is rising from the soundside, several feet of water on the road in places.
Tidal water or river swell? Hope your in safe place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:45 pm

The sound is rising fast about 5' in the last hour, it looks like a river coming up all the ditches, the shit has hit the fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:52 pm

The rain has started here in Mass and predictions are for up to 10 inches of it in my area. Add in some nasty high winds and its going to be quite a few days. Not as bad as the carolinas but not anything we are used to in New England. Lets see in the last year we've had tornadoes,earthquakes and now a hurricane. Used to be all we worried about here was bad snow/ice storms in winter. Ill have to get some gaming in tonight since power outages are expected and Mass Electric is saying up to a week possible if outages happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 pm

We were without power for a week and a half after Ike... I pray ya guys have no more then a few hours of power outage...just enough time to do some grillin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Looks like the water has stopped coming in, looks about 6' range but its dark and hard to tell, had about 7" before it started coming into the water plant. Just hope it starts to go down soon. Lots of people got 4-6' of water in there houses, not sure when I will be released to check on my house or my parents house, at least they left town. I am pretty sure they lost the utility room under their house with the washer/dryer and freezer. Have no clue about my house. Working on very little sleep. Parked my truck on top of a booster station, only thing that saved me on that as the parking lot is under 4' of water. Left my car under a house in Nags Head, just hope its good as it is only 4 months old. Hope everyone else is safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:55 pm

WoW NC , thats insane, wish I could do more than just feel bad the folks back there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 pm

We will get through it, just tough being stuck at work and worrying about friends and family, really glad we have a huge desil generator to power this place, I can find out alot of info on people, email, facebook ecetra. This is the worst storm in a long time, we were due, and it could have hit us at a Cat3 with 130 mph winds instead of a cat1/2 with 100 mph winds. For where I live out on the sandbar when the storm passes just to our west we get nailed with the strong NE quad winds and then get the backside flooding wich is proving worse than the wind right now. Not sure when I will get to play BLOPS next but I am starting to twitch a little, would be nice to take my mind off things for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:18 pm

With 3' of water over the septic tank and drain field looks like no flushing or showers till it goes down. There were also a couple tornadoes touched off by this storm, some hit about an hour SW and W of here. Hell a couple days ago we even felt that earthquake in Virginia. Not to mention the 3 wildfires we had this spring/summer. I am just waiting for the locust invasion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 am

You're stuck at work?!? Damn ..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:35 am

aw fish that sucks dude. i hope your house aint hit as hard as it sounds it might and may all your family/friends be safe too ... wish i could help Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:43 am

Yep stuck at work, essential personell. Someone has to make sure that people have drinking water. You never think about the water that comes out of the tap untill something happens. So the emergency operations center for the county has us man all the water plants during a storm. Bad thing is I am salary and basicly working for free. The hourly guy is gonna make out great, get his regular check and a big fat FEMA check. O well at least I feel like I am helping out a little. We still have 4' of water in the parking lot and road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:52 am

Props to you for being 'that guy', you are one of the unsung heros. Little known and life changing.

4 feet !?!?!?! That's deeper than half the lakes out here lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:47 am

A buddy had 8' of water under his house, lost a couple of pumps and sheders, had to open the doors and windows in his barn to keep it from floating away, it had 4' of water inside it. Looks like my house made out good, my truck is fine, don't know about my car or my parents house. Crazy shit, just glad it hit as a Cat1 and not a Cat3. No telling when the power will be back on, been running the generator to power the plant for 24hrs now. Got 3 generators fired up at the wells, snakes are all over the place, found a random lost dog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:02 pm

I used to work for PIKE Electric....Lines down and fuses blown always a pain I know....give the guys the time and it will get done...and if any of you see these guys thank them for what they do, it's not easy being away from family in the heat, rain, and cold and keep going and so you know if a truck can't reach it to fix it some1's climbing...and "HOOKING AIN'T EASY!!"...lol Hate this happened bro...and glad to hear it wasn't a total bust on u...will be thinking of ur parents..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Glad everything went well all things considered. Looks pretty scary on TV though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Yes definitely sounds very serious just know us guys from texas will be thinking about you and your family. Hope everyone comes out of this safely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Irene has come and gone for New England and she was a bitch but it wasnt as bad as i or others expected. The wind wasnt bad but the rain amounts were insane. Quite a few towns are under water and its only going to get worse the next 2 days from the water level swelling. Not much for power outages as were expected. Id say by 4pm today the sun was actually out and it turned into a nice afternoon with some lingering winds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 am

Finally got off work yesterday afternoon, checked on my car, dirty but ok. Went to my parents house to find the water had gotten in the downstairs utility room, washer, dryer, freezer all flooded, there were 3" of water inside the dryer. Spent 5 hours trying to find stuff, found some of my archery targets about 400 yd. away, still missing some. Missing a chair table, two barrels full of corn (they weigh like 300#). God the utility room emptied out and everything sprayed off and hung up. Ran out of energy and couldnt do anything with the washer, dryer or freezer. Crashed at 8pm, up at midnight with an Fn thigh cramp. Now at work at 6am. Thanks for the well wishes, for an 85mph storm she was a bitch and move a hell of a lot of water. Somepeople had 8', mine was dry at 10' elevation and my parents only got about 3', their neighbor who is a little lower had 5'. No one around here has ever seen that much water come up that fast, even some of the old timers.

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts, but all is well considering, hell they are even letting the tourons back at noon today, gotta get that money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: batten down the hatches and stay safe   batten down the hatches and stay safe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

batten down the hatches and stay safe
Page 1 of 1