Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Tweaking my settings help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Tweaking my settings help Empty
PostSubject: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Hello,
Maybe you can help me with my network too. I have a Cisco dcp3010 cable modem and a Cisco linksys e2500 router.
Coaxial cable direct to modem, Ethernet connection to router. Ps3 and Xbox 360 via Ethernet cable to router then wireless devices throughout the house, including an iMac. We hae 30mbps service. It's way faster than the old dsl but I would like to see if I can get the 30mbps speed at all times.
The ps3 connection is port forwarded? I manually entered the DNs etc...
So what can I do? Anything ?
Thanks
Jdawg
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:56 am

Your best option performance wise is to place the console in a DMZ. The more pieces of equipment, connections, or "layers" you put between the console and the Internet there is overhead associated with that. Overhead means increased latency typically. Again we're talking minuscule amounts (especially with the higher end equipment you have) however it does all add up.

Latency is king over bandwidth. On the PS3 side you're also at the mercy of the PS network.

This site works well for testing throughput and latency all at once.

http://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks I will give the website a try. How do I put the ps3 into the dmz ?
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 am

Should be a setting in your router - they're all different - could be listed in the WAN section could be listed under Firewall or Rules or Exceptions.

Easiest and quickest thing to do is download the users manual for your router and just search for the term "DMZ". This will require you statically assign an IP address to your console btw. That means you yourself give it an address vs obtaining one automatically. That way it always stays the same and the dmz / firewall rule will always apply to the correct device.
Back to top Go down
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 am

Ok I was was able to access the router and enable the router and enable the dmz. Thanks for the help. I also have xbox 360. Do you recommend doing the same thing? Just assign a different ip adress to it?
They are on the same tv so only one can be used at a time.
This is fun I like learning about this stuff thanks
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 am

I am dmz someday's just does not help !

1 day I can run 2 ps3 and all the shit in this house no prob ,next can't run 1 ps3
not sure anything you do can help! it is mw3
and have check ping a hundred time almost always like under 50 good only time over is if pinging like London or over seas!

Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:57 am

you can only do so much on your end - you're still at the mercy of your ISP, the ps network, and whomever is host

how do you overcome all that? oh yeah have a game that uses dedicated servers like bf3 lol all i know is i never have hit detection and rubber band bullshit in bf3 but treyarch says dedicated servers wont fix the problem (in mw3) huh scratch

jdawg im glad you figured it out so quickly. When you're on your xbox take note within mw3 on the left side of the screen while partied up or lobby (i think) it should tell you your NAT type. If its open you're good to go - if its anything else move your xbox to the dmz as well.
Back to top Go down
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Cool, but here is the next question..
The nat type of ps3 is now nat type 2, should that be open? If so where did i screw up lol
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 pm

typical sony doesnt have clear cut fucking descriptions about your NAT, wtf is type 1,2,3? that's plain f'n stupid

after a quick search i found this on another forum

NAT 1 is usually static IP addressing with PAT (Port Address Translation).

NAT 2 is Dynamic IP addressing with PAT

NAT 3 is Dynamic IP addressing with some PAT (firewall or router blocking some of the ports)

NAT 2 is perfectly fine for home use, especially if you only get one IP address from your ISP. NAT 3 can cause problems with certain applications (maybe voice chat doesn't work and you may have problems hosting a game), but you should still be able to connect and play as a client. NAT 1 is not a requirement unless you have unique addressing issues and understand TCP/IP networking enough to understand what your doing by placing something in an unsecured space on the internet.

you should be good to go...you may not be able to obtain type 1 because most ISP's do not give you a static address (its typically something you have to pay additional for)

with your console in a dmz now you can attempt to turn off uPnP as well.
Back to top Go down
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks so much for the help I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:07 pm

anytime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tweaking my settings help   Tweaking my settings help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tweaking my settings help
Page 1 of 1