Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS3 problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS3 problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:46 am

My son wanted to play his batman lego game last night so I put it in and nothing happened. No error or anything. I couldn't find the game icon. So I changed the games and put in Kung Foo Panda. Same thing nothing happened. So it looks like its not reading discs, but I'm not getting any error messages. He was able to play angry birds, which I downloaded from the PSN store a few months ago.

So what do I need to do to troubleshoot or fix this? I've never had a PS3 quit working before.

On another note mine is hooked back up. I played a few games of black ops and got offline.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:30 am

With no errors I would say your blue ray drive is failing. You could try cleaning the laser but with no errors I would bet that you need a new laser or blue ray drive. Check with local repair shops to see what they charge if it isnt under warranty.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 am

yep, when that happened to mine it the past it was the laser that went out. I could still play any downloaded games but nothing on disk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi guys I hope someone can help me... I was playing with the boys and my ps3 froze black screen, never happened before... I rebooted and now I can't start MW3 because there is no option for it under "games" in the PS3 menu... I can access elite but not MW3... I installed all the updates and maps and still cant start the game... cleaned the disc etc I don't know what to do! Any suggestions? thanks
Back to top Go down

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Are other games working?
Back to top Go down

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 pm

nope I tried ufc and nothing... I googled and maybe the laser is shot...
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 am

Same thing with more 60g PHAT over a year ago. If I replace the complete BLURAY Drive do u think that will fix it? And will it still be able to play PS and PS2 games?
Back to top Go down

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 am

Replacing the laser is not that hard. I had to do it to my 160 GB slim I got 2 years ago. Replaced it at 1.5 years. Grrrr.

There are a multitude of you tube vids. Be sure to find the vid that matches your machine. The boards and drives change all the time I understand so you can not just order any old part.

The research to find the right part was harder than the actual job.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 am

no YLOD?
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am

FBD wrote:
no YLOD?

Not for me. Insert disc when it first started acting up and got a disc read error. Now insert a disc and it never shows up on the xmb. No natter what disc u insert (DVD, CD, BluRay, PS game, PS2 game, PS3 Game) its all the same. Opened it up last Friday after it has sat up for a year. I took it completely apart and cleaned it up good and changed out the thermal paste. Still the same thing. I almost bought a new drive for it Friday on the internet but held off.
Back to top Go down

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:56 am

That happens to me some times but I think my problem is over use and not enough cool air getting to it. It freezes up so I restart it and I won't show the disc. When it take the disc out its like rubber. She is getting old. Now my question is if I get a new machine is there a way of transferring all my saved game shit over to a new machine.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:08 am

timp604 wrote:
That happens to me some times but I think my problem is over use and not enough cool air getting to it. It freezes up so I restart it and I won't show the disc. When it take the disc out its like rubber. She is getting old. Now my question is if I get a new machine is there a way of transferring all my saved game shit over to a new machine.

Yes, I know because I had to do this last year when my Phat Boy stopped reading discs. There is actually a couple of different ways. If you have PS+ then its easy. But the other way is easy also. It envolves hooking the two together as I recall. Will try and see if I can find the instructions for you.
Back to top Go down

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks Hop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS3 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 problems   PS3 problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 problems
Page 1 of 1