Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

90 Day Challenge

Go down 
+5
chavarlison
Sr Slampiece
indyratpack
mwhop78
Winners
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Ok so I managed to quit smoking and it has been about 3 months now. Now I want to work on my health and fitness. Anyone up for a 90 day challenge with me?

I currently weigh 274 and am looking to get down to 190 which fits my frame well. I started today officially. The hardest part for me will be the eating habits. I usually only eat once a day really and it is usually dinner and then a late night snack. I am shooting for 4-5 small meals/snacks of healthy foods and cutting out all the junk. Alcohol is not a problem as I haven't had a beer in around a year.

As far as workouts. I am starting with the treadmill for 30-60 minutes a day and to work up from there. I did 40 moderate minutes on the treadmill this morning. Might do another 30 tonight. Not sure but I do know I want to build a routine around it and stick with it.

You can call me fatty or whatever as I have heard it all. Atleast I am doing something about it. If I can quit smoking (which I never thought I would accomplish) I know I can do this. I am sure there are some of you in the same boat that have put on some unwanted weight and would like to get rid of it.

I will post weekly updates of my progress here.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:44 pm

I will do it with you. My buddy is a certified trainer. I will talk to him about a work out schedule for you if you like and pm you the info. I could loose a couple pounds myself.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Would love that timp. That is another of my biggest problems is schedule and diet. I am so used to eating whatever I feel like, I am so tired of feeling and looking the way I do I am up for anything.
Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Im gonna start working out at the gym and i wish i could quit smoking but damn its so hard with all the stress going on and crap lol scott whats ur secret
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm

I have my back somewhat straight and now its time for me to get back into shape. I am a nice juicy 220 lbs. I need to be back down to about 185. Time to get to work.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm

No secret I just went to bed one night and was thinking damn I want to stop smoking. Never had one after that. I didn't say it was easy.

I can't afford a gym and really don't want to go to a gym and have people staring at "the fat guy". This is the most I have ever weighed in my life. Needless to say I hate it. Time to eat like a rabbit and run like one too.
Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Congrats on the life style changes sir, I know it's hard but if you want it you can have it.

I'm serious about quitting smoking and need to drop a few pounds myself. I'm here for you if you need anything.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:42 pm

One of the things I have tried doing at home is combining my exercise with time playing COD. My wife and I invested in an elliptical machine to use at home to avoid that ackward feeling of being overweight at the gym. We have it set up in front of the tv with xbox, so we can either watch tv or play the xbox while working out. When I get home from work, I'll try to get in a good 30-60 minutes on the elliptical before dinner. I find myself distracted by the game and usually end up going longer.

Not really a structured diet or exercise regiment, but one way of getting that little extra boost while still having some fun.

Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:57 pm

I have faith in you guys. If you really want it then its possible and a great attitude will help. I began the year at 289# with my cholesterol and blood pressure getting pretty high. A couple weeks ago my cholesterol was 139 and blood pressure was 106/63. This morning I am down to 177# and would like to be between 170-175#. I am up to running 4 days a week, still slow but I am ok with that.

A couple things that I found out. Start your workout program slow and build up slow. I started feeling great and started uping my walking to running to quickly and too long. I ended up hurting my knee and sidelining myself a couple weeks. I was always very active but my problem was with the things I ate, mostly processed foods, sweets, fried and all the good tasting stuff thats not good for you. I pretty much went unprocessed (or as little as possible) and eat tons of veggies and fruit along with tons of potatoes, rice, beans and oatmeal.

One day at a time.

Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Missler I have been going to the gym on and off for about 15 years and never once did i ever think of a person as a fatty or slob or anything like that, same goes for everyone i knew at the gyms.People have respect for that because you are making an effort to better your life style/health and get in shape ( and if they dont fuck em who gives a shit what some ahole says/thinks, dont ever let it get to you).You dont need to go to a gym there are lots of things you can do at home. We can come up with a program both eating and excersie that fits your schedule, and you need to stop being hard on yourself, you gained some weight big deal, you realize it now and want to make a change, but remember change doesnt happen if change doesnt happen. Have a realistic goal to start with, say 15 pounds in 2 months dont go big and think your gonna get ripped in a month or two because you are only setting yourself up to fail. Getting your meals in order is the biggest and first step, nice big healthy breakfast to get you going get that metabolism going, then a small snack a couple hours later a nice lunch blah blah blah. You need to plan what you eat when you eat ie fruit,cards early in the day, protein with every meal ,lots of green veggies try not to eat any carbs at night same with fruit( because of the sugar even though its natural) Anyways Im rambling we will continue this in PM so Im not boring people.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 pm

I'll jump in your boat Scott. I started a couple weeks ago but I have a goal for Christmas time. This will be good to constantly update this thread.

I ran last night on our greenway for 5k. This is where I ran a race back in 07 at my best time ever 19:30. Doubt I'll get back to that but I'd like to try to get close.

Like last time Im taking pictures of myself every 2 weeks to see improvement. I'll post my "todays" picture after I get to where I want to be. Laughing

My wife is an instructor at our gym. I'm ebarassed that she is in such great shape and I let myself go. Here's a pic of her in action BTW

90 Day Challenge Amy10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Slam...posting that pic is just asking for trouble with this crew...
Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 pm

im 386 im with let me know what your doing i would like to be around 250
Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
I have faith in you guys. If you really want it then its possible and a great attitude will help. I began the year at 289# with my cholesterol and blood pressure getting pretty high. A couple weeks ago my cholesterol was 139 and blood pressure was 106/63. This morning I am down to 177# and would like to be between 170-175#. I am up to running 4 days a week, still slow but I am ok with that.

A couple things that I found out. Start your workout program slow and build up slow. I started feeling great and started uping my walking to running to quickly and too long. I ended up hurting my knee and sidelining myself a couple weeks. I was always very active but my problem was with the things I ate, mostly processed foods, sweets, fried and all the good tasting stuff thats not good for you. I pretty much went unprocessed (or as little as possible) and eat tons of veggies and fruit along with tons of potatoes, rice, beans and oatmeal.

One day at a time.

That's awesome man. Congrats that's a huge achievement
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Another 40 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Legs are sore but going to push through.

90 Day Challenge SPMIG
Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:03 pm

M I S S I L E R wrote:
Another 40 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Legs are sore but going to push through.

90 Day Challenge SPMIG

Awesome Missiler keep it up bro. Dont get discouraged if you if you gain a pound or two here and there and IMO check the scale like once a month or every two weeks. I find watching the scale is like watching the clock at work it seems to take forever.But keep up the great work

Last edited by timp604 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Good job. I start my own challenge tomorrow. I going to do it for at least 3 months see how it goes. I'm going to try an get rid of 30 pounds.
Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm

There is a couple races I wanted to try next year.

Tough mudder and there is race that nitro of american gladidators puts on in the bay area every year. So I got to slim down to a fighting weight right now at 230 at 6'1 would like to at least get to around 180-190 if I'm going to put up a competive time.

So I started today jogged/walked 1.5 miles and then did 20 min's of crunches push ups and the like. I kept putting starting working out off but this post got me to get my butt in geat/
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 am

Glad to hear it Sith. I am actually starting to enjoy it. I know I should weigh in less often but sometimes I cant help myself. I detoxed the first 3 days eating only salad and fruits/veges. It really gets me as the planner wants me to eat 1690 calories a day and I am fully satisfied eating around 1200. Never been a big eater I just had terrible eating habits of a big dinner and a late night snack.

It is really helping me to track, plan, and monitor my food, exercise, and progress. I use http://www.myfitnesspal.com throughout the day and plan my meals and choose my snacks from there.

90 Day Challenge 26765860
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:49 pm

After the first week I have made huge progress. Exercising everyday for 40 minutes to 1.5 hours and eating all healthy foods. Also counting my calories. You can see my week 1 progress below. I just got finished with 40 minutes on the treadmill yoday and burned 300 calories wooohooo. 71 pounds to go!!!

90 Day Challenge 26765860
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Awesome MISSILER way to go! I've been burning up our greenway trail lately. Haven't jumped on the scale this week but I need to.

Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
chavarlison

chavarlison

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:52 pm

start educate mode

Losing weight is very hard, so kudos to you guys who are trying to do this. The health and a sense of well being of being the right weight is a high most drugs can't replicate, specially when you struggled hard to get it. People do it in a variety of ways. Diet, exercise, muscle build-up, etc. But I guess my advice is, why not do a little of everything? Doing these little things do add up and they aren't as hard on you as going strictly diet.

For example:
Diet. You are used to eating 4 hamburgers per meal. Dieting dictates that you should change it to vegetables but why not do 2 hamburgers + vegetables? You ate as much but now, the caloric intake is way lower.

Muscle build up. Muscles have the highest metabolic rate of anything in your body, which means, even at rest, they burn calories like crazy. Which means, it is in your best interest to get more of it ASAP. But who has time, or the inclination to go to the gym 3 or more times a week right? The answer is, you don't. How do muscles grow? When they are overtaxed i.e. you tried to move something you had difficulty moving. It doesn't matter if they used the full movement of your body(pushing against a wall has the same impact as doing push-ups), just the amount of overload is the single biggest reason why muscle size increases. You can lift weights once every 4 days, or every 3 days if you are younger. And none of this bull crap of doing 8 repetitions of 3 sets of every weight lifting station on the gym. Set up a gym equipment and lock the movement to all but the last 5 to 8 inches of of the maximum extension of your limbs. Stack more weights that you can normally lift and try to lift those for 5 seconds without locking your elbows/knees. If you can lift the weights for more than 5 seconds, add more weights. Once done, move on to the next muscle group. If you are just beginning, I would recommend the Leg Press, Bench Press and the Shoulder Shrug as these are your biggest muscle groups and therefore, will benefit the most from your weight lifting.

Go back to the gym only about a day or two after your muscles stopped aching. Us old guys means you only need to go once a week. LOL

Do you know Bruce Lee's famous one-inch punch?

He knew that power from a punch is the greatest just before you reach your arm's full extension. A lot of martial arts discipline use this knowledge in a variety of ways by either rolling with the punches, or moving closer to an opponent so they can't inflict maximum damage.

It's the same principle when weight lifting, the last few inches deliver the most power as well. I love efficiency and this is the most efficient way to bulk up as they say.

end educate mode
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 am

Plus 1 to you chavarlison! Thanks for the advise! I'll be using your tips starting today!
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 pm

90 Day Challenge J3R7f

90 Day Challenge MRFx8
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:36 am

Well still working out for about and hour a day. I am incorporating strength training to help with my slow ass metabolism from years of laziness. The weight loss has completely stalled now. I was eating around 1200 calories a day. I bumped that up to 1500 and going to eat more protein to see if I can get the loss kick started again. Beginning to feel very discouraged but going to keep going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

90 Day Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 Day Challenge   90 Day Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

90 Day Challenge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next