Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Help needed: Want to play like a pro

Go down 
+4
ninjesmurf
Kamea6
Winners
Jdawg396
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Help needed: Want to play like a pro Empty
PostSubject: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Ok all I am looking to severely improve my game. Anyone out there know how to "play liked a pro"? And would they be willing to teach?
I have gotten real good at a few things:
1. Being on the bottom of the match
2. Being on the killcam as the final fodder :-(
3. Losing to my 12 yo son tongue
It's still fun but more fun if I can help kick more booty.
Yes I am willing to put the time in..
Maybe someone would want to be a trainer? Hold class? I don't know lol!
Thanks
Jdawg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:52 pm

I can't teach you, cuz I'm not really good and have a fucked up schedule...but I will give you some tips because I used to be horrible at this game and am now decent.

Practice, practice, practice...shooting is not easy to learn and it takes time.

Use the best guns/set-ups no matter what people may call you...fuckin-a right I'm an ACR carrying noob...but I'm killing you bitch...

Use assassin and a silencer...staying off the map will keep you alive longer.

Learn the maps...I'm not a goood shot, but I can usually figure out where people are coming from and get the drop on them. Find areas of the map that you're most comfortable with and patrol them (camp) it's an effective strategy when playing dom to control the areas around the flags.

On that note, stick to the edges of the map whenever possible...leave yourself one less side to be shot from...

This one is optional and takes time...but switch your controller to tactical and learn to drop shot...it's a bitch at first, and you will lose panic knife fights, but when you get it down you will win a lot more head to head battles.

hope some of that helps...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 pm

oh...and check out youtube videos...woodysgamertag used to put out some great noob videos...see if you can find some of his stuff from black ops...there is a lot more tactical stuff there
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

The biggest thing is to put the time in to learn the maps and anticipate where the enemy is going to be. If you are rushing and dying a lot, slow down and take your time.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:00 pm

j dawg if you are on late nite you should come and play with the late nite west coast crew, we always welcome new guys and i'm sure we would be able to help you out. if you want you can send me a f/r and once you get in start adding the rest of the crew. but like hoffy said practice, practice, practice. see u online.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:02 pm

The elite heat maps help you learn where most of the firefights happen and learn where to expect the most action.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm

J Dawg I've been there and I know how you feel

MW2 I had a .4 K.D

Blops .66

now I'm at a .88 and if I could subtract my 1st month from that It would be 1+ for sure. I was in clans while playing both those games but not nearly as forgiveing and willing to help as this one.

The more you get a feel for how we play each map the much better you will get. I usally just try to find a whole where we don't have some one and plug it.

Also if your not sure where you think you should be/Where you shouldent go just ask. you have a mic and thats a great advantage.

Always remeber the guy who goes 7-9 camping the back flag and shooting air support is just as, if not more important then the guy going 30-30 holding down B like a mad man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:29 pm

All the tips are good here. One other thing you can do now that you are here with us, when in a Dom game, just pick one of the flags we have and let the team know you are doing to defend (camp) that flag. This will give you time to learn the map around that area and get used to it. Do this for a while until you learn most of the flag spots on the maps, then you will have a good bit of the Dom learning done. It will take a few weeks but before long you will learn to play well in those spost because you are comfortable in them and get more confident to make those areas bigger and bigger.

My example, I didn't usually play well in Arkaden. But I started holding down A and being able to play that front area of the map well. Then I would slide over and try to keep the Bar area clear while holding down A. now I basically roam between all of A and B relatively well and get good games on that map while we hold A and B. I did the same thing on Village starting with B flag and now have B and C pretty well down and those are the flags you want to hold to win matches on Village. Try using a tac insert to help you so you dont catch yourself spawning all over the map while you are trying to learn certain areas.

If you try this out just make sure your teammates know what flag you are at. Keep the communication open.

Anytime I am on I will be happy to share the little bit of knowledge I have with you.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:56 pm

I would also suggest watching the killcams when the game permits and remember were your opponent is shooting you from .you start to learn common camping spots to use and watch out for.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:09 pm

You need to figure out what your strengths are and play to them. If you are a aggressive player use a smg to kill quickly at close range. If you like to check corners and go at a moderate pace use a assault rifle so you can kill at range when you see a enemy. I always try to counter what the other team is doing and have a class setup for it. Like if you have a room full of quickscopers I use smoke or a 3 round burst gun to counter what they are doing. I always try to use a silencer on my gun you dont show up on the mini map that's always a good thing.
Learn to play with a higher sensitivity the higher the better I play on 10 but that's not something you can just set at and play at you have to work your way up to it. It allows you to move faster while aiming down the sights and when you get really good turn on people and kill them even after they starting shooting you first.

The ACR and MP7 are your better guns to use if you are a noob player they are easy to use little to no recoil and kill quickly.
As far as perks I would probally use sleight of hand for you. I personally only use blind eye its nice not to have to worry about heli's and pred's killing you all the time.
Assassin or quickdraw would be good.
Third perk I use marksmen to be able to see people thru brush and at a long distance. If you have a nice headset sitrep pro is awesome to sound whore the enemy and there really is no counter for that since dead silence is useless on mw3.

Like the others before me said no the layout of the map and the funnels and spots where people like to post up and you will instantly become better. Watch your killcams instead of skipping them to see that others are doing and which direction them or there teammates are heading for a quick recon of them always helps.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Lots of good suggestions here. Check youtube as there are lots of tutorials on how to get better. One thing I remember is the Don't Run tip. When you run, you are always at a disadvantage to anyone else shooting at you. It's ok to run to a point, but stop around some cover, look around, then find where you are going to next. Don't just run aimlessly. Run with a purpose.

Another thing is to watch your reloads. If you reload after every kill, you will find yourself dying to other guys around the guy you just shot at. It's a bad habit to reload after every kill as the second or two it takes will often result in your own death. Instead, shoot until you are safe, or behind cover, then reload.

If you run with the LNWC, don't worry about running assassin. I tend to attract all the predators, so you don't have to worry about those. lol (ok, not entirely true, but pretty close)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
RabbitDemon

RabbitDemon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:24 pm

walldoggy wrote:

If you run with the LNWC, don't worry about running assassin. I tend to attract all the predators, so you don't have to worry about those. lol (ok, not entirely true, but pretty close)

then maybe you should not stand next to BEE like last night with his un-surpressed gun fire and have blind-eye on goofy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DemonRabbitGaming
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:26 pm

lol I don't normally run blind eye, so it's always a race for me to see if I can kill the reaper / AC-130 before it can find me. But yeah, hard to escape the preds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Missler had the best advice in that you need to slow everything down. No point in going 5-20 when like what Sith said you can go 7-9. I see a lot of people running the same routes even though they get killed over and over! Don't be that guy! As you progress the scores will get better, but don't worry about the leaderboards! Even if you are at the bottom it does not mean you are a bad player or didn't help the team! Vidoes do help a lot I would suggest Tmartn! Woody used to be ok, but all he talks about now are 14 year olds sex problems. Another good one is Ali-a on youtube. I started out on MW4 as that guy! MW2 I had a positive KD, but low scores. Now I am positive and can hold a 300spm. It gets better just takes time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:43 pm

All tips above are pretty solid. Its ok its just a game we all say, but damn we want to improve in it right. I think what helps the most is putting in time.
Why, because you get to learn routes/maps/respawns.

In all fairness even tho its a game people will make a routine in it and follow it. Thats why people know where to grenade toss and get a multi. Thats how you learn that walking that route/guarding will get you a few kills. Even tough reflex/ lag compensation/ and connection from controller to joystick or ps3 have a thing to say in it, making you a good player is composed on the standard that you want.

We dont make the judgement whether you are or are not a good player. I couldnt care less about my kd, I couldnt care less about winning. This game I bought for fun so it needs to be just that.

If your aim is to get a better k/d ratio, adjust your playstyle accordingly. Good at guarding points than camp the shit out of it and move every few kills. It doesnt even have to be far from the spot. Use assault rifles and a motion sensor. If your good at rushing use guns with a higer fire rate to make sure you get the drop on someone when your walking behind that corner. Drop shotting helps, there should be some vids on youtube for that. I cant say who might be good players with the people you usually team up but just watch a few of their games.

Hit me up if you wanna play some rounds and check some of the vids of the over30clan channel itself, there are some nice vids in there.

Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Every one of these tips and suggestions are dead on and they are things that helped me out quite a bit when I got here. Below I will show you what I did to improve my game. It ain't playing like a pro by any means and I am still not very good. But I am more effective and I have more fun.

-Play with the clan as much as I could. I tried to fill my friends list up as much as possible and I used the clan roster in game to try and get in a party. I would always send out PM to get that were on asking if they had room. Just doing this daily got more and more people to know that I am active in the game and wanting to get in a match. If parties were full, I would go play Drop Zone to level up as much as possible and unlock everything as fast as possible. When guys are looking to fill a spot in a party we know you are running solo 99% of the time in drop zone.

-Communicate as much as I could. I die early and often. Knowing that, I tried to help everyone else with my deaths and also learn for myself. Sometimes I would get caught up in being pissed at the game, but most of the time I was watching that kill cam to figure out who killed me, how many there were, where I was on the map and where they are heading if i could tell. I would also communicate what I was seeing in the game as well. I camp the hell out of flags so I let people know what I see and I call it out (if you need help on learning what some of the main call areas are check it out on youtube or check out the callout thread here on the site).

-Adjust my play style and strategy. I had no clue what was doing on the maps. Where to run, where to camp and where the traffic was coming from (that was the most frustrating part. I watched a lot of youtube "lines of sight" videos and woodysgamertag has a good "tactical tuesdays" segment"). I am not going to say I don't care about my K/D because that is a lie we all tell ourselves. We like killing people more times than they kill us. But, my K/D is irrelevant to whether I am helping the team win. The only stats I focus on are wins, caps and defends. I made it my job to cap flags and camp them and try to keep people off them. In doing that I try to take out every bit of air support that is in the sky. All of that helps the team tremendously plus it drives my points and XP up a ton. Kills are +50.....caps are +150, defends are +150, killing someone on their own flag is like +150 as well. You get +50 for taking down UAV's and like +100 and up for attack air support. My performance goals for each game were 2-3 caps and 4-5 defends with 4 air support take downs. I don't always reach those goals, but that is my plan. I try and take everything out of the air. They are basically free kills and somewhat easy (I might have to die 3-4 times to get that reaper or ac-130 out of the sky, but I am going to take that sucker down). I want to do the little things and the dirty work to free up my killwhores to wreck shop.

Back to camping flags. This is how I learned the maps and traffic flow on maps. I joke with people that my screen name should be "Dead at B". I would go post up on B and defend it like crazy....usually with my martydom death streak. Once we got control of the flags we wanted i would set up camp where I was needed. Usually the flag closest to the spawn point we wanted to control which is usually C on Mission, C on Village, A on Arkaden, A on Hardhat, C on Interchange, C on Bootleg, C on Bakaara, C on Resistance. Of course we want B on every maps so I would always float over when we needed more help. Doing this kept me from sprinting which leads to most of my deaths and I could sit back and learn traffic flows through the maps. Once we would get to a point where we had a game under control then I was able to push up and go hunt a little more in the center of the maps and learn more choke points and cut off routes to flags.

-I tried to find the best loadout that was going to help me be the most helpful for my team. I played a pure support role so I would use the blind eye, blast shield and marksman perks and pro them up as fast as I could and I would mix in recon (when I unlocked the XM25), assassin and steady aim in a class with those. My favorite combo is Blind Eye Pro to stay hidden from attack air support and by bullets can take down choppers if I run out of Stingers, Assassin Pro keeps me off the radar and my name doesn't pop up in ADS (plus you can play dead in a pile of bodies) and Marksman Pro to I can see enemies at range and can help call out where they are. I used use the SCAR early the ACR afterward and I used the UMP and P90 on the smaller maps until I finally unlocked the MP7. My secondary was the Stinger as soon as I unlocked it and I ran with that. I finally started using the XM25 for awhile with Recon so I could paint up as many of the enemy as possible. My strike package was spoort and since I was getting less than 10 kills per game I would just set up UAV and counter UAV and spam the sky. In my tactical slot I tried to used smoke and a trophy system as much as possible. Those 2 are awesome on flags and saves everyone on it.

And when all else fails and shit has hit the fan I go to my rage class. Striker and akimbo FMG's and spray and pray and hope I piss opponents off
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm

This what I did. (I still suck)

!Theater mode Theater mode Theater mode.!

You can see what you did wrong or what you missed the first time. Also watch films from your F/L vault.

!!Go to a private match play dom by yourself and just run around on the maps.!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Wow guys, i really appreciate the information. There is much to process. I do tend to play with LNWC crew and you have all been great..
I think my style is much like Nukealoog at the moment. I found myself camping flags and trying to learn the area, then how to get to the next closest flag. I do tend to like to go fast and rush, maybe that is why i like the mp7 so much, g36 and acr behind it.
So i think step one will be slow down: lol then learn
Thanks, I am looking forward to learning more out in the field.
see you online later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: Want to play like a pro   Help needed: Want to play like a pro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed: Want to play like a pro
Page 1 of 1