Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Empty
PostSubject: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:34 pm

A while back a magician came through town. Not Copperfield or Chris Angel. Not even Penn and Teller. Hell it wasn’t even the Amazing Jonathan. It was just some low rent road warrior going from community center to community center, making a few dollars to send home.

His illusions were worth the low price of admission that we forked over to see it. This master of prestidigitation, with all his perceived skills and talents is really just some working class shlub like the rest of us. The idea that even a magician has to peddle his wares from the back of his pale blue Ford Explorer unravels the mystery. Yes this man obviously knows something I don’t. but at the end of the day he is scraping together a living away from his family. Pulling rabbits out of his hat for a bunch of strangers only to lay down his head at the closest EconoLodge.

The magic of the sunrise holds for him no delusions of grandeur, but instead of a flight to Vegas to perform center stage at Cesar’s Palace, his day going to be putting another 400 miles on that Explorer of his that is 200 miles overdue for an oil change.

What am I trying to say with this story? I guess there is a part of me that is discouraged.The ability to saw a woman in half, and then moments later hop out of her box in one piece is no guarantee for life, love and happiness. Even with the powers of magic at your finger tips, life can still be a grind. In a world of magic there is still the daily drudgery that you have to see through to the finish. But there is something about that this that is also inspiring. No, not the warm fuzzy boner inspiring idea that doing something you love is worth doing. I am sure he loves seeing the look of wonder and awe in a child’s face everyday. What is inspiring to me about this man’s life is that he is still no better than I am.

Success is truly something we have to decide what it is for ourselves. As for me and what I think of success, I can only hope that the miles behind the magician fade into the pleasant glow of warm memories, and he looks forward to the miles ahead with a wry smile. And somewhere down that road is his family, and I hope he saved a trick or two just for them.
Back to top Go down
lateralus73

lateralus73

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm

That's really nice. Really. Thanks for sharing that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/lateralus73?feature=watch
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:01 pm

TLDR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:23 am

ImGoodIfYouSuck wrote:
TLDR

Sorry next one will have pictures just for you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

You have a way with words my friend. +1 to you for painting such a intersting pic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:37 am

d711789 wrote:
You have a way with words my friend. +1 to you for painting such a intersting pic

Thanks, I like clowns too, but that analogy has been done
Back to top Go down
IronKneebone

IronKneebone

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Very nice indeed. For me, "Success" has been redefined several times.

*nothing up my sleeves
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ironkneebone
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat   Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Rocky!! Watch Me Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat
Page 1 of 1