Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"

Go down 
+7
SwollenCamel
Nely
Severed Digits
Uridium242
NukeLaCoog
walldoggy
DeathByAK
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Empty
PostSubject: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

This video breaks down how well flak jacket works. I think it would be great on beginning of the game dom classes.

Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 pm

My 'cap B flag' class: (it's the shit)

870 w long barrel
No secondary

Lightweight/FlackJacket (1st perk greed)
No 2nd Perk
Dexterity/Extreme Conditioning (3rd perk greed)

Trophy System
Frag

I get the Opening Move medal (first to cap B) about 70-80% of the time with this set-up...it's addictive.

Sprint straight to B>throw down trophy system>chuck frag at enemy cutoff>cap B!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm

My current default Dom class (similar to deathbyak's)

Assault Shield
No secondary

Lightweight/FlackJacket (1st perk greed)
Fast Hands
Tac Mask/Extreme Conditioning (3rd perk greed)

C4
EMP

Can cap the spawn flag, switch to Combat Knife and still make it first to B most of the time. Bring back the shield, chuck an EMP to slowdown the guys coming to B. Voila! Opening move 500xp!

Last edited by walldoggy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 pm

I think when playing dom, we should work on communicating in our lobbies about who is running what. If we have 3 people running this type of setup I think it is a guarantee of getting B and holding it.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

I used my token on flak jacket and run it on a number of classes. My "cap b" class, or as i call it my tank class, is flak jacket, fast hands, extreme conditioning/tac mask with a trophy & bouncing betty. I carry the pdw with fast mag and empty that 50 bullet clip. Explosives...screw you, concussion/flash/shock charge...beat it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 pm

towehaal wrote:
I think when playing dom, we should work on communicating in our lobbies about who is running what. If we have 3 people running this type of setup I think it is a guarantee of getting B and holding it.

As soon as I can get into a lobby with a couple of you guys, I agree. I will say that I run this class religiously at the beginning of every round of dom...then I switch to an smg class to finish the match (unless it's on Hijacked, then I just rock the shotty the whole game).

I'm addicted to getting the Opening Move medal. That's a free 500xp baby! (plus sets up the team nicely)

You'd be shocked how often i'm the ONLY person on my team trying to cap b at the beginning of the game/round (HATE playing solo!)
Back to top Go down
Uridium242

Uridium242

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 pm

KSG w/long barrel and adjustable stock.
Tac-45 duel wield

Hard line / Flak jacket (duh)
Fast hands (reset and toss back grenades)
Tac mask.

Hunter killer/care package/counter UAV

Get on B and keep them off with this class, doubles as a slayer once flags are controlled.
Low score streaks keeps them off balance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm

I will tell you right now 9 times out of 10 when my crew loses B it is because to many of us were running care package waiting for it to come around. I changed up my killstreaks from that and I get 50 to 60 kills a match now because I dont spend the time I used to waiting for the care package to come down. Also I dont really think you need flak jacket just have one guy on your team with smoke and another with trophy system. Use the milemeter scanner it works perfectly through the smoke and they dont even know what hit them. I love scavenger because it even repenishes your grenades that works best for keeping them off the flag with a sentry gun.

Just my opinion. Personally rather have ghost then flak jacket so I am the hunter and not the hunted with the constant uav spam then you can always sneak around and pop the annoying snipers in the head that are holding down the high ground aka windows of most maps like plaza, standoff,turbine,carrier,cargo.

my killstreaks are lightning strike, stealth chopper and lodestar.

Let me tell you right now any of you guys get a lodestar the other team is done, I have had multiple games in a row of getting that and the have the whole team rage quit because they wont even be able to get out of there spawn with me using that lodestar LOL

Last edited by Priceless79 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Lonestar? Doesn't that have to do with Texas! I have seen the lodestar before.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Good info in this video! I never even considered using flak jacket until now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Priceless79 wrote:

Just my opinion. Personally rather have ghost then flak jacket so I am the hunter and not the hunted with the constant uav spam then you can always sneak around and pop the annoying snipers in the head that are holding down the high ground aka windows of most maps like plaza, standoff,turbine,carrier,cargo.

Ghost only hides you from UAV. Flak Jacket protects you from multiple things. Easy choice here. It always amazes me at the amount of people who don't run Flak Jacket on Dom. UAV's are so easy to take out (Laumchers,Black Hat) No need to waste a perk on something that can be easily stopped with a tactical item.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Nelson77 wrote:
Priceless79 wrote:

Ghost only hides you from UAV. Flak Jacket protects you from multiple things. Easy choice here. It always amazes me at the amount of people who don't run Flak Jacket on Dom. UAV's are so easy to take out (Laumchers,Black Hat) No need to waste a perk on something that can be easily stopped with a tactical item.

Taking down the uav's take time, time you can spend either killing or defending or capping the flag that's why I always have 15 to 20 defends a game I am defending the flag with ghost instead of staring into the sky trying to take down a uav.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:14 pm

I get by with a little help from my friends.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Priceless79 wrote:
Nelson77 wrote:
Priceless79 wrote:

Taking down the uav's take time, time you can spend either killing or defending or capping the flag that's why I always have 15 to 20 defends a game I am defending the flag with ghost instead of staring into the sky trying to take down a uav.
I think it depends on your style of play. If you are a flag capper or run and gunner and always pushing forward into enemy territory, FJ is invaluable because it protects you from bettys and claymores as well as grenades when on the flag. The UAV protection isn't much help with the enemy hears "Losing B" anyways.

If you are more of a defender, then Ghost might be better so you can sneak up on the flag cappers from the flank and they won't know you are there. There is less of a threat from claymore and bettys since you are rarely going into enemy territory where mines might be placed.

As with all things, each has their use in the game. Stationary flag cappers need protection, defenders need stealth. To each his or her own.
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Walldoggy the magnificent wrote:

I think it depends on your style of play. If you are a flag capper or run and gunner and always pushing forward into enemy territory, FJ is invaluable because it protects you from bettys and claymores as well as grenades when on the flag. The UAV protection isn't much help with the enemy hears "Losing B" anyways.

If you are more of a defender, then Ghost might be better so you can sneak up on the flag cappers from the flank and they won't know you are there. There is less of a threat from claymore and bettys since you are rarely going into enemy territory where mines might be placed.

As with all things, each has their use in the game. Stationary flag cappers need protection, defenders need stealth. To each his or her own.
Well said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 pm

i've yet to use ghost or flak jacket. i keep telling myself to use them, but i just can't help rushing. from the people i've played with they've probably noticed it's very seldom i stop at our spawns cap point, i usually run straight to B dom. i don't think i've used much other than light weight, toughness and extreme cond. Maybe if i didn't just throw myself to the wolves i'd do much better!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Lightweight + flak jacket ...............GET SOME!
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Priceless79 wrote:
Nelson77 wrote:
Priceless79 wrote:

So screw your teammates then right? confused Taking UAV's down helps you and your team. It takes what 3 seconds? It's really sad that people have this type of mentality. More concerned about how they are doing than how the team is doing.

This mentality that showing up on radar means instant death is just not accurate. The Uav lags in its display of position. Line of sight is your best defense in this game as it has been in all COD games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Nelson77 wrote:
Priceless79 wrote:
Nelson77 wrote:
Priceless79 wrote:

So screw your teammates then right? confused Taking UAV's down helps you and your team. It takes what 3 seconds? It's really sad that people have this type of mentality. More concerned about how they are doing than how the team is doing.

This mentality that showing up on radar means instant death is just not accurate. The Uav lags in its display of position. Line of sight is your best defense in this game as it has been in all COD games.
Ah Nels... I think you are being a little harsh. I know plenty of people (including certain insect gamers we know lol) that run Ghost all the time and don't worry about UAV and instead try to hold choke points and defend flags. As long as one or two in a party are willing to shoot down the UAVs that should be enough. Although I do agree that it doesn't take that long to shoot down a UAV, I also don't run a secondary anymore while I'm golding my knives, so I probably shouldn't talk about that. Rolling Eyes

A well rounded team should have a little of everything - some cappers, some defenders, some killers. If everyone rushes from flag to flag capping, and no one defends, thats bad. If no one caps a flag and just tries to defend, that's bad too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 am

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and playstyle. I was just stating what I use and what works for me it might not work for the next guy. I dont usually use grenades to defend or Capture a flag I use brute force run up kill anyone that comes close to it with a smg dont matter what perk they are using then, flak jacket or ghost. I will agree that if you are playing the smaller maps like hijacked and nuketown ghost is not as effective because there are so only so many routes and people can throw grenades and other explosive 3/4 across the map.

Use what works for you and helps your team win.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:47 am

by all means ask the party what they're running - many times I'll switch up to make sure we're better covered

great example - do you really need more than one guy running engineer? most times I'm going to say no - if that person plays the part (calls out equipment or destroys it, re rolls care packs for the team, etc.) you should be good to go

same for anti air the entire team doesnt need to run it but having one maybe two guys that do would certainly benefit the group

i found out the hard way real quick having several people running guardians and/or sentry guns is almost pointless - you're only allowed 4 pieces of equipment on the map at any given time - we've had guys (including myself) just sitting on a killstreak till games end cause frankly the 4 pieces already out were raping face lol

so short and sweet of it is - you should never feel like an asshole to ask what ppl are running or switch up if required by the team

what is it we use to tell our girlfriends? "try it - you may like it" Laughing

back on topic - flak jacket in the first blackops was great - im certainly going to give it a whirl - opening the game with a B cap and a kill can start you off with a great score streak!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:50 am

Yes but we know it will hurt!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Couldn't agree more BlackDeath - having a nice mix is the easiest way to win.

Ran with a full party of six 30s last night and before each round/match we were talking about who was going to do what - it worked beautifully, we didn't lose a single match (hell, we didn't lose a single round).

My personal preference is to run flack jacket and go for the initial B cap. Then I switch to another class that allows me to down enemy UAVs.

Communication & class/role diversity makes for the easiest wins...IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 pm

This is great information! I never thought about it as well. I am going to use flak Jacket now!
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:08 pm

I run flak on pretty much every class. Protects from, grenades, hunters, bettys, claymores, etc. If your run alot and PTFO its huge. Also keeps you alive longer for point steaks. My no BS class:

Ghost, Flak
Toughness
Dexterity, Tac Mask
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"   Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flak Jacket--put it on your "cap B class"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next