Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Is There a Secret to Headshots

Go down 
+6
DeathByAK
Doamne01
birddotcom
Dirty Koi
JRED_31
TheCanisDirus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

Is There a Secret to Headshots Empty
PostSubject: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 pm

What is the best way to increase your odds of getting a headshot?

I would love to say have an entire arsenal of Diamond Camos, but I'm lucky to have guns at Gold and one of those is a rocket launcher. The biggest problem I have is getting those initial 100 headshots. If I'm lucky I might get 1 or 2 a game.

Is there a secret to the headshot that I'm missing?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm

With this lag and compensation etc... I just have to luck out. I'd normally suggest just aiming high and spraying... but event that sometimes just ends up hitting everything but their head it seems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Personnaly I like hardcore for headshots. You're more likely to get the kill faster so the person is less likely to run away after being shot.
Also chaos moshpit is great to, small maps that are objective based puts a lot of heads in one spot. Sit in a house on Nuketown with the objective (hardpoint, headquarter) and pop 'em in the head as they walk in.
I've only got one set of diamonds though, so looking forward to hear any other hints on the camo.

Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Laser sight and grip. I think it was Drifter that did a video on this. I'll see if I can find it again but I do see an increase in headshots running this combo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Had one game where a player on the other team was not there, so I put a full clip in his gut at point blank range and it gave me a headshot, this game is soooo broken
Back to top Go down
JRED_31

JRED_31

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:27 pm

No secret just time and gaming. I have two classes diamond , some games I had one HS and some I would have 12. I started to have more when I got this "headshot or die" mentality. Always aimming for the head AlWAYS. Never knife from behind always take the free HS. The lazer attachment helps for smgs y I don't know
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 pm

i think they give headshots away in this game, i've seen so many in kill cams that completely baffle me. i've even got some where i was aiming at chest or lower.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:53 pm

With most fully auto ARs you want to aim for the chest and the recoil will (most) tend to make the bullets go up from there.

For SMGs, everyone is right, go with the laser attachment and aim at the head area.

Currently I only have the SMGs and Shotguns diamond, but I have 4 of the 8 ARs gold and one that I am working on with no perks or attachments. The others are only about a quarter to half done, but the above strategy has been working for me.
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:24 pm

I say aim high. Play a lot. I have AR's and SMG's diamond, I go games with 2-3, and games with 6-8. The headshots are easy, it just takes time. I'm having trouble with blood thristy's on Snipers, I have 3 of four complete except those. I wish I could be better at QS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:37 am

I have the best way to get head shots is to shot the oposeing player in the head before he shoots u.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

sith_miester wrote:
I have the best way to get head shots is to shot the oposeing player in the head before he shoots u.

You would think that that would be a sound strategy but, even then, you have no guarantee of getting the kill. If you really want to be certain that you get head shots I would suggest that you go in a corner with someone willing not to shoot at you and then shoot them in the head; it seems to work for about half of the COD players Smile.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:48 am

Indy - give this a go -

Play FFA & use this setup:

Whatever weapon you're working on
Laser & Grip

Lightweight
Fast Hands/Scavenger
Ext Cond

Stuns +1

2nd Perk Greed

Run around the map and stun oppenents, then run up right next to them in pop them in the head. Works GREAT on little maps (I would do this & get 12-15 HS per game on Hijacked)

Don't worry about winning the match or k/d - only focus on getting the HS

Using the above set-up actually switched it from being a grind to actually being a lot of fun. it's awesome to stun a guy from behind then run right up next to him and put the barrell of your gun to his temple. Even if you can't get right up next to them, they're stunned and not moving...easy prey for a HS.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:59 am

This is more Vikkstar showing off then really anything of value but you can see his setup and his spraying tactic.

Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to experiment with some of these suggestions next time. Even if I only jump up 1 or 2 headshots per game, that's almost twice as many as I was getting before.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm

This sounds ridiculous but sometimes it actually works. If you are running at a guy, jump before you start shooting. If you're aiming at him right, as you fall your bullets will hit him in the head first thus getting you the head shot.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm

When things go "black ops poo" for me and i can't even buy a kill i try aiming at there feet and wouldn't ya know it ....kills! and headshots too!

I think this game is like a woman,lots of fun and great to play with when it's running good, but will ruin your life and shatter your dreams in a single match!

I know this will not help you.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:20 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
With this lag and compensation etc... I just have to luck out. I'd normally suggest just aiming high and spraying... but event that sometimes just ends up hitting everything but their head it seems.

Spray and pray. Though I find that some of the guns that have the most upward recoil are actually good for this (don't use the fore-grip) if you aim for upper-chest and let the kick do the work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is There a Secret to Headshots   Is There a Secret to Headshots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is There a Secret to Headshots
Page 1 of 1