Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Jumping in on other team

Go down 
+18
DeathByAK
ArcaniX
Kamea6
Sr Slampiece
MrRalphee
YellowGeeHawd
xXx MiGs xXx
NukeLaCoog
TheCanisDirus
ninjesmurf
Brennan_Huff122
parabola79
JAGERpatrol
JRED_31
Doamne01
birddotcom
walldoggy
Winners
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

Jumping in on other team Empty
PostSubject: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

I prefer along with several others that once you have an established friends list stop jumping in on the other team. There are several people that are continuously doing this and it is not ok with me. Some people may not care but I for one do. Think what you want but I joined a clan to play with people not against them. The game pisses us off enough not to have your so called friends jumping in on the other team and playing against you. It has nothing to do with skill or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 am

I usually see this happen when there is a full party of 9 and there is a 10th person on the other team. If there is 6, we normally back out and go 7 and do Ground War. But with 10, that's two parties of 5. Not ideal, but not puppy dogs and unicorns either.

What's the issue with playing against one other 30? Personally, I wouldn't mind my deaths going to someone in the clan. Better them than some random. If you think our strategies are super secret, and they will have an advantage, I'm pretty sure what we do isn't classified info either. And it's not like you are only against the 30. There are 5 or 8 other people too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Winners

Winners

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 am

Well like my first sentence says I didn't join a clan to play against clan mates. If that is what everyone wants to do these days so be it. It is frustrating enough with the horrible connections at times and most of the time groundwar is pretty much unplayable due to the connection. Maybe it is time for me to move on if this is the direction people want to go. I know I am not the only one that gets pissed of at this game at times and surely not the only one that gets pissed when you are losing games and gun battles to shit connections.
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 am

I do it on once in a while, for the sole purpose to check to see if the group is full and to throw an axe or knife a friend in the back. I have a shield and pistol class with axes that I'll use. Sometimes, I'll snipe to hear the "ole BIRD!". No intention of winning, just playing around. If anyone isn't cool with that, I get it totally, just say something.

I get your point, it can be annoying, and I think stating our case you are not down with it, should be enough for others to get the hint when your in a party.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 am

I don't know your personal experiences or if there are people who are intentionally trying to hunt other 30s, but if I get on and I see that there are a few in my friend's list who are in a game then I will, sometimes, try to jump in to see if there's room. I don't have the patience to wait until they're done and, at least on the PS3, it's hard to leave a game once you've started if they invite you after (my system freezes if I back out and try to accept an invite) and it's almost impossible for someone to message back when they're in game (it takes forever to get to that screen and send the message.)

Lately, I've been checking before I enter the match whether or not there would be room after the match and, if there is, then I stay and, if not, I back out. Personally, I don't have a problem if another 30 enters and stays to play against my party of 30s and we've been able to get full lobbies of 30 vs 30 that way. It's a lot of fun when that happens, but if you're against that then you're against that and people should respect it; just let them know.
Back to top Go down
JRED_31

JRED_31

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 am

Personally I never do it for the soul fact that what MISSILER said. I also take it as a " hay guys I'm next in line when you can pick someone up" thing.
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:07 am

I'm guilty of this on a regular basis. If I didn't just jump into matches, I could sit at the lobby for a few hours before a group breaks up and there's room for me. The other night I jumped into a lobby with Brendan and Dale around 9 or so, I thought maybe it was just the 2 of them, but they could have been in a full lobby. It was just the 2 of them, so after the match we all backed out and started a party. If I wouldn't have jumped in with them, I would have been playing solo until 10:30ish when Para sent me an invite.

Back to top Go down
parabola79

parabola79

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 am

About 80 percent of the time or maybe more this happens majority of the time it is fun and then maybe 1 percent it is not but it really all depends on the connection.. i like.playing against 30s and listening to the rage mics makes me chuckle. Its something that happens.. kinda cant control but now that you have stated you dont like it maybe it will.stop on your end. But just have fun with it Smile
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 am

I understand what missiler is saying . Personally i dont mind people jumping in or playing against other 30's. I do know that some people do not like and i dont jump in those games. Couple of times over this past weekend i was in a few lobbies with 30's on both sides and was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 am

I can only stand being on the wrong side of 30s for a bit. I die to much but I use a bullshit class and try stupid shit to have fun
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 am

(truly no offense at all here) I don't understand why anyone would mind playing against a 30 or two on the other team. This is (was) a pretty regular occurrence on the Xbox side and i don't know anyone over here who cared in the least.

Is it that they are playing differently? Running around using only RPGs or playing in some way to target you guys... trolling you? If they are just playing normally I don't see any problem (imo).

Chances are it makes for a more challenging game... and i'd assume that's what we'er all looking for... fair competitive games. I know a bunch of us Xboxers always say "at least we know they're not cheating/modding/hacking..." when we go up against, and lose to a fellow 30 in a gunfight.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 am

I have never, and will never, have a problem with other 30's jumping in a lobby on the other team. I have taken axes to the face from bird a number of times and I have been smacked around by Jager as well. Hell, the only way I got to know Slam on the PS3 side was him jumping in and treating me like a tea kettle. affraid

If guys want to pop in for a couple of games and break out a goofy class that is cool. If they want to go hard that is cool too because I know that the opposing team will have someone playing the objective. Yes, BLOPS2 is very connection dependent and if I get on the bad side of the connection and I am going to get beat down I would rather it be one of our own.

But, that is me. I understand that some people don't like it and that is cool too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:55 am

Not sure why this would upset you or anyone for that matter - you are never going to get away from it no matter where you go. If you have a full lobby someone will always jump in on the other side - just a game remember brah? I for one encourage it; if we have a full lobby, nothing better than 30 on 30 violence - it's all about laughs and good times with some winning here and there. Well there is my 2cents but to each his own I suppose

Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 am

xXx MiGs xXx wrote:
Not sure why this would upset you or anyone for that matter - you are never going to get away from it no matter where you go. If you have a full lobby someone will always jump in on the other side - just a game remember brah? I for one encourage it; if we have a full lobby, nothing better than 30 on 30 violence - it's all about laughs and good times with some winning here and there. Well there is my 2cents but to each his own I suppose

Only because you have ALWAYS been on the pitching end of a Migs Shawshank/Oz Prison raping and you don't like to cuddle.
Back to top Go down
MrRalphee

MrRalphee

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am

My bad,i just was just seeing if yall had room,i didnt stay long,i figured yall enjoyed the competition.I was having a blast,Didnt know it was an issue,it was a little close for comfort,was hoping yall werent on some super win streak or something.my apologies now that i know its an issue,ill wait for invite from now on.I play for the comradary not the wins.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/themrralphee

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 am

I usually just jump on somebody when I log on.

If their name has a green arrow next to it (joinable game) then I'll just "Join session in progress." Lots of times that would toss me on the other team and I'd get shot up for a round (half a round) then the party would back out and pick me up.

If they don't back out and pick me up then I just keep on playing til they do or I decide to find another party to jump on. Guys like Missiler are going 5-0 against me anyway so I don't see how it is a problem.

I see the PS3 guys talking about going from 6....adding a guy....and moving to ground war. Perhaps the xboxers need to consider this as an option. Xboxers will not do this for the most part. If they have six and another jumps in then they just tell them to move along instead of just playing ground war and dealing with the connections. Tis selfish.

Everybody joined this clan to play with clanmates. If you have a "full party" and somebody jumps in on the other side.....then another.....it is a sign that you should back out and pick up two more 30's and go play ground war as a clan.....together......

Not tell them, "We're full, sorry."

Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 am

Tell ya what. I will make this easy. I will exit out the side door.

It has been fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 am

M I S S I L E R wrote:

It has been fun.

The guy apologized and said he wouldn't do it again....

Why leave if that is the case?
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 am

M I S S I L E R wrote:

It has been fun.

I don't think that's the solution Scott. I took your post as "Please don't jump on the opposite team" and everyone should appreciate that unless they are total dicks. I'm sure there are others here that don't like it either and there's nothing wrong with that.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 am

This was why I don't jump into peoples games. Then again, when there are no invites that may be what you have to do to play. I've went onto other games. My PS3 friends had similar issues with this. 1 game was fine and afterwards they would tell you if there's someone else looking for a party or stay and get your ass kicked. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 am

Come get me, you bastards. I will die to lag regardless, and would rather it be a friend than someone I'm more prone to rage at.

As for 6v1 30 on 30, I'm all for it, with the caveat that the 1 isn't tryhard trolling. We all know how we play, and that can be taken advantage of. I know what sharp sticks Smurf likes to park his sticky little sniper backside on, and how to get there without being spotted, and the teabagging, and so on.... But I don't, cuz its more fun to blunder into him running around a corner while I'm having fun and the 6 he's with are all winning than just jumping in midgame and being a stringy twat waffle to make it personal.

6v6 30 on 30 is bonus. Shooting friends for points with dumb guns is like christmas.

However, if I'm every doing something that's making someone else have less fun, that's not cool. Just deathmic me a 'fuck off' and we'll rectify the situation. ( now get the dirty words outta yer heads )
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Yeah I giggle every time I here Holli say "dam it smurf" .but if it pissing anyone off just say something in the lobby.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 pm

On the PS3 side, the party making is so bad. You can't tell how many are in a party together, you can't see where they are in the match. So most of the time, people will try to join mid match and a lot of times, end up on the other team.

FightingOkra75 wrote:
I see the PS3 guys talking about going from 6....adding a guy....and moving to ground war. Perhaps the xboxers need to consider this as an option. Xboxers will not do this for the most part. If they have six and another jumps in then they just tell them to move along instead of just playing ground war and dealing with the connections. Tis selfish.

Everybody joined this clan to play with clanmates. If you have a "full party" and somebody jumps in on the other side.....then another.....it is a sign that you should back out and pick up two more 30's and go play ground war as a clan.....together......

Not tell them, "We're full, sorry."
The 30's I usually play with Late Nights, generally have a "no man left behind" attitude. We'd rather run 7 in groundwar (and, yes, deal with the lag) than leave someone hanging out by themselves. The only time it's hard is if we have 9 already in GW and a 10th person comes in. However, a lot of times, someone will decide to drop out and we'll pick up the straggler.

However... we're all grown ups here (right? Well, except for Slam. lol). If you just want to run 6, then just let the 7th guy know so he can back out. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to do that.

Communication people. It's all about communication. As I tell my wife all the time, I can't be responsible for the things she wants me to do that she just thinks about in her head. She has to verbalize them to me for me to do them. I can't read her mind. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Missiler, I really don't think this is a situation that calls for you to leave the clan, it's a simple discussion that you started, and I think the guys and gals came up with some great solutions. All the explanations given in regards to the issue were valid, and pretty positive. So for you to bow out IMHO makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

M I S S I L E R wrote:

It has been fun.

Say it ain't so. M I S S I L E R, you've been one of the longest-standing remaining OG's (yes, I know others are also still around) but your's was one of the first names to stand out when I started back in Mdub3. I'd hate to see you go over something that (as Slam pointed out) will occur wherever you decide to land. Let's continue the discussion here and try and come to some agreement/compromise.

To those who continue to compare XBox to PS3, please stop; This will lead to nothing more than a console war. Simply put, There ARE differences between the consoles on MANY levels and some of the customs/culture that fly on one console do not fly so well on the other. To ignore these differences is simply folly.

The only thing I want to address about the differences between consoles (that's relevant to this discussion) is that on XBox, we have a party system that supports up to 8 people and you can connect to that party from your Dashboard (before you even load the game). There *really* is no need to drop into a game before dropping into their party and asking if there's room.

FightingOkra75 wrote:
I see the PS3 guys talking about going from 6....adding a guy....and moving to ground war. ...(sic)... Xboxers will not do this for the most part. If they have six and another jumps in then they just tell them to move along instead of just playing ground war and dealing with the connections. Tis selfish.

This worked in the Mdub3 days, and we used to do this. But connections were better in Mdub3 (not perfect, but definitely better). What was a moderately solid connection in 6v6 became weaker but "bearable" when bumping up to Ground War 9v9. In BO2, we have barely bearable connections in 6v6, going to 9v9 often results in such a weak gameplay experience that it is no longer fun for most of those involved. So, perhaps it is a *little* bit selfish to say "hey, I came out to have fun, and I respect my fellow 30's and would prefer to run with the group than leave someone out... but I've only got a few hours and I DID come here to have fun." I'm OK with that. In fact, I *personally* prefer to have a 7th (or 8th) party member on the other side of a 6v6 than being in a ground war. But not everyone agrees and in cases where someone is not OK with it, we should ALL respect that; as we would want our own likes/dislikes respected.

Long story short, the key element here is Respect. If you do join a lobby on "the wrong side" and someone speaks up and says "not cool, bro/sis...", ask to get picked up when room opens and then, GET OUT. To those that speak up, don't get offended that they joined in. Take pride in being a part of a clan that said "OK, I respect your wish to not fight your own. Message me when you have space. Latez."

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jumping in on other team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next