Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Jumping in on other team

Go down 
+18
DeathByAK
ArcaniX
Kamea6
Sr Slampiece
MrRalphee
YellowGeeHawd
xXx MiGs xXx
NukeLaCoog
TheCanisDirus
ninjesmurf
Brennan_Huff122
parabola79
JAGERpatrol
JRED_31
Doamne01
birddotcom
walldoggy
Winners
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ArcaniX

Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

M I S S I L E R wrote:
Tell ya what. I will make this easy. I will exit out the side door.

It has been fun.

Say it ain't so. M I S S I L E R, you've been one of the longest-standing remaining OG's (yes, I know others are also still around) but your's was one of the first names to stand out when I started back in Mdub3. I'd hate to see you go over something that (as Slam pointed out) will occur wherever you decide to land. Let's continue the discussion here and try and come to some agreement/compromise.

To those who continue to compare XBox to PS3, please stop; This will lead to nothing more than a console war. Simply put, There ARE differences between the consoles on MANY levels and some of the customs/culture that fly on one console do not fly so well on the other. To ignore these differences is simply folly.

The only thing I want to address about the differences between consoles (that's relevant to this discussion) is that on XBox, we have a party system that supports up to 8 people and you can connect to that party from your Dashboard (before you even load the game). There *really* is no need to drop into a game before dropping into their party and asking if there's room.

FightingOkra75 wrote:
I see the PS3 guys talking about going from 6....adding a guy....and moving to ground war. ...(sic)... Xboxers will not do this for the most part. If they have six and another jumps in then they just tell them to move along instead of just playing ground war and dealing with the connections. Tis selfish.

This worked in the Mdub3 days, and we used to do this. But connections were better in Mdub3 (not perfect, but definitely better). What was a moderately solid connection in 6v6 became weaker but "bearable" when bumping up to Ground War 9v9. In BO2, we have barely bearable connections in 6v6, going to 9v9 often results in such a weak gameplay experience that it is no longer fun for most of those involved. So, perhaps it is a *little* bit selfish to say "hey, I came out to have fun, and I respect my fellow 30's and would prefer to run with the group than leave someone out... but I've only got a few hours and I DID come here to have fun." I'm OK with that. In fact, I *personally* prefer to have a 7th (or 8th) party member on the other side of a 6v6 than being in a ground war. But not everyone agrees and in cases where someone is not OK with it, we should ALL respect that; as we would want our own likes/dislikes respected.

Long story short, the key element here is Respect. If you do join a lobby on "the wrong side" and someone speaks up and says "not cool, bro/sis...", ask to get picked up when room opens and then, GET OUT. To those that speak up, don't get offended that they joined in. Take pride in being a part of a clan that said "OK, I respect your wish to not fight your own. Message me when you have space. Latez."

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Im with ninje i have a blast hoping on the other team, i do have a set of rules i go by for 30 on 30 violence.

1. No scorestresks shot down ever.

2. If its an objective game i will not play the objective at all.

3. No guns, i will usalley just run knife only but sometimes will do crossbow or riot shield.

But in the end more often then not people who threaten to leave have all ready made there minds up an are just looking for an excuse.

Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:48 pm

+1 f'ing one Arc. Damn Canadian school system taught this guy right.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Well, for the record, I encourage any/all clan members to jump in with OR against me.

I'd MUCH rather have Migs jump in against me and face rape me repeatedly (probably in funny ways) than to beat/lose against a random.

If MISSELER doesn't dig that, then I simply won't join on him. But I routinely jump into games full of 30s.

And to make matters worse, sometimes I put on my try-hard panties when I'm up against 30s...b/c I like to beat a full party of 30s and take all credit for the victory...as if it was really 1v6...b/c we know all the randoms are horrible! lol

I can understand it being annoying if it's the same person constantly doing it, and then trolling the whole game...but otherwise I have no problem with it.

Just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
lateralus73

lateralus73

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 pm

For the most part, I think people will agree that Ground War is almost unplayable the majority of the time. A lot of times we have a full party of six and then there are other people that also want to play. We do almost full 6 v 6 lobbies of 30's all the time. Literally, ALL THE TIME. And it is fun as hell. Everyone plays nice for the most part, although I was a dick and tried out a camping spot on Grind last night, but apologized for the bloodbath after the match. It eliminates the possibility of asshole, spawn trapping/camping randoms and little nasally whiny kids and puts a large group of friends in one singular lobby full of sweet, moist, Over 30 goodness. And the occasional rainbow jizz shooting dolphin cock rocket YOLO swag emblem..... Laughing

You mentioned you joined the clan to play WITH 30's not AGAINST them....but if you have multiple 30's in the lobby are you still not playing WITH them? Yeah they are on the other team, but like someone else mentioned, we aren't employing trademarked top secret tactics here, we are a group of like minded individuals bonding over a game. IMHO, having 30 vs. 30 in a lobby is MORE fun, and I am not the only person here who thinks that, as evidenced by the several other people that jump in with and against us every night.

There are people that don't particularly like doing this, and that is their/your prerogative and your wishes can be respected, but also know that if you are the only one in a certain group that has a problem with it and everyone else thinks it is fine/fun then it is a bit unfair for you to ask/expect the random 30 to leave just because you don't want to play against them. No

I've played with you a few times in the past and you are a good player and seemed like an OK character, but to be honest I think it is a bit over-the-top to post a "suicide note" on the forum over you not wanting to play against your own clan mates. There has to be some other underlying issue at hand here. Basically stating you are leaving the clan over something this trivial and something so easily fixed, as Kamea stated, makes no sense. Question

If I am completely wrong here or coming off somewhat prickish, then I apologize. I see posts like this and instantly wonder what is truly behind it. If it is a personality conflict or some other extenuating factor or circumstance, we're all adults here, let's work together on a solution and use LOUD WORDS if necessary, but don't leave the clan over another clan mate coming in the lobby and getting your jimmies rustled...we're above that (I would like to think).... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/lateralus73?feature=watch
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Well this is going no where everyone is saying the samething and they pretty much encourage it that is not the way I feel sorry. No there is nothing underlying to this at all. From now on if it happens I will just jump out and someone can have my spot. It is funny when I have heard several other people that don't like when this happens but no one chooses to chime in now.

Last edited by M I S S I L E R on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 pm

^^ dude - no one's mad at ya for stating your opinion. And like others have said, it's a matter of respect.

now that I know you would prefer not to have 30s jump in, I won't do that in a game your playing.

It's all good - you have your reasons, and if you find it annoying then enuff said...I'm sure I get annoyed with plenty o' shit that doesn't bother you at all...
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Well, Sad to see Missiler go, but he may just need to blow off steam. Let this die down, and carry on. Personally, I like jumping in on the other team. I do go try hard (to a point, i am constantly working on new guns etc) because thats what I EXPECT someone that jumps in with me to do. I want them to have as much fun as I when i am playing against you guys. after that game, I ask if they got room if not, i move on. simple as that.

I have seen, especially in my case, that I am stuck playing solo more and more often. I am not picked up, and due to this, I just dont join up with people anymore. I truly enjoy playing with everyone from the 30s, i havent clashed with anyone yet, but i don't want to ruin anyones fun, so i just sit by on the sidelines.

It sucks for me, but there is more of you, and less of me in this clan.
Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:13 pm

I like cake.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 pm

YellowGeeHawd wrote:
I like cake.

You mean this kind of "cake" ?

Back to top Go down
patrickracer79

patrickracer79

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 6

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Much respect for people expressing opinions and not bashing, i can see why some would not like others to jump in on the other team, but it happens. Just be polite and say not cool. Thanks missler for being patient with this poor noob and making me feel like part of a team the first time i played with everyone. Even having a conversation like this and people responding with courtesy makes me happy to be part of this group. I also like cake.
Back to top Go down
http://bishopbryan.blogspot.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/pastorbryanjohns
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Cake is a lie.

Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
Cake is a lie.

Best ending to a video game, ever.
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:34 pm

I never jump in against anyone !

lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 am

M I S S I L E R wrote:
Well this is going no where everyone is saying the samething and they pretty much encourage it that is not the way I feel sorry. No there is nothing underlying to this at all. From now on if it happens I will just jump out and someone can have my spot. It is funny when I have heard several other people that don't like when this happens but no one chooses to chime in now.
I think Missiler has said his peace and he's right, we're all saying the same things over and over. Locking this now, unless Missiler (as the OP) feels like it needs to be reopened.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumping in on other team   Jumping in on other team - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jumping in on other team
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2