Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE

Go down 
AuthorMessage

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 am

After many months of saying i wouldn't pay £15.00 a month to play I heard that DC universe online is going free to play next month so decided it was time to give it a go.

I have to say I am really enjoying the game but would benefit from a little x30x support.

So here is my question. Do any of my x30x brothers play or are any of you planning on playing DC UNIVERSE.

Avenger
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:01 am

I was so looking forward to DCUO...but that $15 dollars a month just wasn't gonna happen...

So just how ridiculous will the game be for the "free" players?

And what say you Avenger about the game as a whole?
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 am

It's early days but I think it's ace. Some annoying little bugs occasionally when you play but nothing that causes you to not want to play.

I think having friends play will just make it better like being part of a actual league and able to get other heroes to help when joker is kicking your ass.

As for what the free eliment will be like below is a link. It looks like there will be three levels the free level, a middle level for anyone who has previously subscribed and the premium level. I will be at the middle level after subscribing for one month.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195161p1.html

Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 am

Why can't we be the Villains...it's all a matter of perspective who the "good guys" are anyway.

Just wondering what I don't get to have for being a "free" player...trust me, I was all about this game before I knew of the nasty monthly fee.
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:55 am

What server are you on avenger? I don't mind leveling another character, but I'm kinda looking into X-men destiny since I prefer the marvel comics..
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:59 am

Not sure what server i'll check tonight. Maybe i'll have to create another character to come onto your server. I'm thinking villain with a lantern ring. Oh Yeah.

I was looking at xmen on ign they don't seem to rate it. Only got like a 6.
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 am

Tema...you sadden me with you Marvel gayness
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:15 am

Manic... you both sadden me with Comic book gayness
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am

Do not speak badly about comic books Killface. By the way Darkhorse FTW! Marvel is second in the comic book universe and DC can suck it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 am

I do not speak ill of comic books... just the grown men who still read them :p
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:47 am

Killface showing his ignorance again...

@Nate

Sorry to hear you like to indulge in the 2 dimensional aspects of Marvel characters, but I'll let that slide for the love ya have for DarkHorse...Try IDW...it's what DH once was
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm

I am partial to DH since they are out of Portland, OR and I used to collect them back in the early 90's before they became popular. Many, many old titles of Predator, Alien, Predator vs alien, Batman vs Predator, Terminator series. man good memories.
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:02 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
I do not speak ill of comic books... just the grown men who still read them :p

Says the grown man that plays video games... lol!
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm

It looked pretty cool but I just don't have enough time to make it worthwhile.
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:57 am

I have a level 30 toon geared up with 76 skill points, im a villian if you ever want to play let me know I have been playing that game forever
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:55 pm

A few things about this game:

First off, free members can get by just fine. You will be limited to 2 characters per account (6 for 2nd tier members, a fuckload for subscribers) and can't have as much currency on your characters as the higher tier members. However, buying the two expansion packs (you get alot for your money, content, new powers) for 10$ each will qualify you for the 2nd tier membership anyway, so its win win. You can go a long long time without paying anything if you wanna go that way.

The combat in this game is major fun, and there are enough different combinations of powers, movement type (i recommend flight), and weapons that you could end up experimenting for a bit before you discover the "magic combination". (For me, that's ICE + 1 or 2 handed weapons (the 2 handers are some seriously over-the-top looking behemoths).

The best part about this game is that there is a fuckton of content, and most can be experienced solo or in groups as small as 2 people. Alot of the really fun shit requires bigger parties though, so I'd love to have some clannies to run with.

I play on the US (no way to change region unfortunately) PVE server because leveling on the PVP servers is WAY harder, and you can always flag yourself for pvp on the PVE server.

I have 5 psn accounts with 2 characters each on them, a mix of heroes and villians. None of my characters have reached high end content yet, mostly due to experimenting with different combinations of stuff to see what I like.

The thing you're NOT going to like: it takes FOREVER to DL this game. The initial download is not so bad, but there is a GIGANTIC update to download, basically everything they've EVER changed about the game since release. My recommendation is to start the update right before you go to bed, and it will PROBABLY be finished when you get up.

The things you WILL like: Customization (there is no reason for any two characters to look exactly alike, there are a bazillion possibilities) Combat and LOOT WHORING!

If you are going to play this game, check out the official forums in the Oracle's Database (newbie forum) and read the thread titled "things I wish I knew when I Started DCUO" before you start, as there is some VITAL information in there.

Play this fucking game already.
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:06 am

Can I just play with the controller and headset or do I need a PS3 keyboard?
Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Controller and headset is fine, there is a virtual keyboard and a bunch of "canned chat" pretyped responses that you can communicate effectively.

Voice chat is limited to 2nd and 3rd tier members, but you really won't need it unless you're doing some end-game content. Thankfully, if you are interested enough in this game to buy the expansions (10 bucks each) then you will have spent enough to enable voice chat (as well as triple the amount of characters you can have, and each of them can hold more MONEY than free accounts, with additional inventory and bank space).

There is absolutely no need for a keyboard, even if you're more used to PC games, because the loadout bar (superpowers) has limited space. This means the interface is identical whether you use controller or keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Just picked this up not long ago and so far I am quite satisfied with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Sponsored content

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC UNIVERSE ONLINE   DC UNIVERSE ONLINE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE
Page 1 of 1