Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Empty
PostSubject: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:58 pm

The YLOD heart attack that is. Third one in about six months. Sad I was able to perform the necessary surgery successfully....again. I don't know how many more lives are left in her. The wife says I have to make her last until after the new year. Yikes!! Shocked Hang in there Baby!!

Last edited by NamKnight on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:02 pm

thats too bad namknight i just recently started too have problems with my ps3 it just up and freezes on me now and wen i try and turn it off it feezez again i always have to pull the powercord now wen i wanna turn it off..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Keep it as cool as you can. If you leave BO for awhile to go take care of something instead of leaving it on sitting at the main menu, shut her down for a bit. I assume you have replaced the thermal compound while you were reflowing the solder. Hope she stays together for you till the new year. You may be able to find a cheapy on craigslist to limp by on also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:04 pm

East,

That's the first sign of overheating and the thermal paste needs to be replaced as soon as possible

N8,

I replace the thermal paste with Arctic Silver each time. I was hoping to find a junk PS3 on eBay that had other than YLOD problems and use that MB to get by on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Really??? was not aware of that need to get on that asap
+1 to u knight for letting me kno my problem everyday i think shell give out on me
and i cant game no more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:16 pm

NamKnight wrote:
East,

That's the first sign of overheating and the thermal paste needs to be replaced as soon as possible

N8,

I replace the thermal paste with Arctic Silver each time. I was hoping to find a junk PS3 on eBay that had other than YLOD problems and use that MB to get by on

Good. I am willing to bet you know more about PS3 maintenance than I so I hope you can get by for awhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:38 pm

The best video series I've seen for learning how to replace the thermal paste (should be done about every 12-24 months) and hopefully preventing the YLOD is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu3QU8xWxI8

The best video series I've seen for learning how to repair the YLOD is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVcBo

Good luck Peeps!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am

I need to do that but I'm scared shitless to try. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:25 am

It's like finding a lump on your nuts and just letting it sit there. Eventually it will get you if you ignore it, or you can go thru the pain and fear of dealing with it.

And trust me, it's easier to replace the heatsink compound than just waiting and having to try to re-flow surface mount components and do the heatsink anyway. The re-flow is a gamble, but the heatsink cream WILL work. Plus the PS3 performs better overall.

Good find on the vids Nam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:28 am

Great, now I have to get that lump removed too?

Thanks for being a buzzkill Audio...

Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:46 am

Yeah, I hardly ever leave my PS3 on if I am not using it. I'm hoping that will help contribute to a long life. Mine is only about a year old, so hopefully I have at least a year or more left before I have to start dealing with this. Glad the surgery went well Nam. I will send a fruitbasket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:47 am

Two things I have done to keep it cooler and cut way down on freeze ups is to place rubber pads under each corner to lift it up so air can flow under, and I have a small fan blowing on it every time I turn it on.
(the rubber pads are actually compressor isolaters and work very well)

When I was a computer gamer I had duct work from outside (in the winter) blowing on the case, and in the summer from the A/C. The cpu was way overclocked and with the additional cooling never had a problem.

My PS3 is too far in the house to run duct from outside, or I would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack   My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My PS3 Survived Another Heart Attack
Page 1 of 1