Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Xbox One.....the positives

Go down 
+6
Dubious Baller
Doamne01
Criptic Wolf
walldoggy
Winners
TheCanisDirus
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doamne01

Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:29 pm

The only comments that I made prior to the comments about being "HEARD" and getting called an "asshole" on this thread were to answer someone's question and it had no bias. Because pariah_81 called out those who are still "sticking with ps4 quit it with the omg!" he included me in his comment.

Quote :
I'd rather talk about the positives.  And if you ain't planning on buying an xbox one....mind made up....then why the hell come into a xbox one thread?
Quote :

Quote :
Do you see a bunch of Xbox fanboys running around bashing the next Killzone in it's thread....a game they won't even have access too?  That is beyond ridiculous.

As I stated in my post, my mind can still be changed and I will be open to either right up until they release. I'm a 41 year old man with a beautiful wife and three beautiful children, a business to run, and a mortgage to pay; I don't have any ties to a company that may provide my future entertainment. I post on these forums for fun and to make fun and if I see someone state something that I understand to be incorrect then I will let them know; not to be right but to let them know and make certain that I am, in fact, correct in my understanding. I will also post when I see someone being an ass just to be an ass; there's just no reason for that.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I just read through the thread and there was nothing bad said about the PS or anything negative until Gun made the lame comment and it was on like popcorn from both sides. It sseems to take very little to trigger a heated debate on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:35 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
thanks for wasting a lot of my money and hurting my enjoyment because you had to have a disk in your hand to a gaming console you werent going to buy anyway.

I don't have access to your money, but I would be happy to waste it for you if that's what you want. I couldn't care less whether I have a disk in my hand or not, I don't want a camera looking into my living room 24/7. And unless MS is coming on this forum to see what I think then they wouldn't know that that's the issue that I have. You waste too much effort on getting angry over a box that you don't even have yet. Go relax and spend some time with those you love before you keel over from all of the anger.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Sorry Okra I tried to reel the thread back in but I don't think anyone is gonna let it go.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Ok, my turn, I'm positive i won't be getting one.Razz thank you.

For your emmy considerations.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:44 pm

The Xbox One is no longer tied to a region and so I would be able to take it with me when I visit Europe.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:53 pm

LOL Doamne,  I never called you an asshole,  I called those that called for microsofts head because they had a different way of doing things assholes.  No need to take everything to heart.  I didnt even see your post about killzone.  I couldnt have cared less about that game.  it never interested me from the first one.  As for you guys wasting my money, in general those that had less foresight did.  I explained it all above as to the benefits of the previous way xbox would have dealt with games,  but it looks as though you didn't even read it.  I implore you to go back up and read my post.  Then maybe it will make sense.  Please read the whole post before flaming someone again.  Oh,  as for me being angry,  I'm Bruce Banner so I am always angry.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Pariah, I read your entire post, buddy; your post that you directed to me individually thanks me for wasting your money. I had nothing to do with MS deciding to change their policy about shared games and, although the lack of need for internet connectivity is a positive for me and makes me think twice about owning one, I haven't mentioned how I feel other than on these forums.

BTW, this is your comment to me:

Quote :
Doamne,  you completely missed everything. Do you know how much money I would have saved if xbox had stayed the way it was going to be? it was going to be in the thousands... (you go on to explain how that impacts you)
Quote :
Quote :
So yes,  Ceelo or not,  thanks for wasting a lot of my money and hurting my enjoyment because you had to have a disk in your hand to a gaming console you werent going to buy anyway.

If that's not you stating that I have wasted your money and hurt your enjoyment of a product that you don't own, then my reading comprehension has really gone south.

On a side note, I am curious how this effects the television portion of the One. Does the use of the tv features require connectivity; it would seem that some of them would and so does that mean that none are usable or only those related to the internet directly?
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:13 pm

@Pariah - I read your post a couple times and it came off as kind of heated. You seemed to be accusing Doamne personally because you addressed the post to him, then kept saying you did this and you did that. As for this...

pariah_81 wrote:
now that you guys are sticking with ps4 quit it with the omg!  all the good stuff is gone!  YOU GUYS WERE HEARD.  thanks,  assholes.

I read it as you calling all of us here who are sticking with the ps4 assholes. Not cool. But if you mean the general public, well then ok I guess.

NOW.... everyone, let's take it down a notch. Going forward, keep on topic. While it's hard to only talk about the positives about something without bringing up the negatives, that's Okra's intent of this topic. So stick to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
On a side note, I am curious how this effects the television portion of the One. Does the use of the tv features require connectivity; it would seem that some of them would and so does that mean that none are usable or only those related to the internet directly?
As I understand it, MSFT stated originally that if there was no connection, you could still watch TV and Blu-ray movies.  Since for TV  the XB1 is just a GUI interface on top of the cable boxes interface, I would think it would work regardless of connection. Most cable boxes don't require a connection right now either, right?

The voice commands could potentially be pretty cool if it worked with every set-tip box that's out there, including cable and satellite.  Did they disclose who their partners were, or the compatible boxes?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:23 pm

PS4 FANBOI's
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:37 pm

I guess my xbox counterparts understand my humor a little better than the ps3 counterparts.  you took offense to the assholes parts,  sorry.  it was meant more cheeky,  but i have been in a bit of a fighting mood today.  Chalk that up to British Telecom being really bad at their job.  However,  Doamne,  you willingly lumped yourself into the group i was calling assholes and the ones that costed me money by me having to buy more games instead of just sharing them. Thats where this flame thread began at least for us.  Again,  no hate,  just a lot more chest beating than needed i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Pariah, I'm going to leave it at this; first you call me an asshole that cost you money and joy, then you stated that you didn't call me an asshole and didn't say that I cost you money, then you stated that you did call me an asshole but it's my own fault for still not liking the Xbox One even though they fixed something that was only a small issue to me.

I'm thinking that the British Telecom may not be the issue here, but good luck with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Nah,

You are an asshole Dano.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Yeah, I agree Okra; that Dano is an asshole... and now, Denis Leary will sing us home:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:45 pm

I meant you were an asshole Doa.

Unless Dano brought crap into this thread too. Then, he is an asshole as well.

My apologies Dano.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Okra, I stand by the above Denis Leary song, whether he damaged a fun action film with sanctimonious brotherly love bs or not, he will always be an asshole to me.

As for the crap in this thread; I only provided the fan, others provided the fecal matter.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 pm

you lumped yourself into the group that i called an asshole,  so by associating yourself with them,  you are infact of your own volition an asshole.  its ok though,  i like assholes.  they keep me in check and dont wipe my ass for me which is a nice change of pace.  all love for the ps side mate even if this console war is going to split our clan up like it did in the beginning LOL

Was ps3 for black ops and half of MW3. I got a lot of hate for jumping to xbox mid mw3.  but xbox group just fit me better.  kinda felt like the blacksheep of the 30s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:32 pm

I agree.  He's an asshole.

I also agree, we need assholes.

Too bad they stink the joint up though.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:45 pm

We're all assholes... but we love each other:cheers:

Positives

-Shooters. Fact - Xbox always has the largest variety of FPS and third person shooters. Something i think the console (and maybe Americans to an extent) are known for.
-Achievements are cooler than Trophies... i know they're like identical... but trophies makes me think of little league... or bowling. The sound as Achievements pop up is def cooler than the dinky sounding Trophy sound haha.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Dude and the new achievement thing for the 1 looks great!  you can now record how and when you get your achievements!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:12 pm

That is pretty sweet there pariah.

You sure they have enough room for all yours though?

Do we really need to see when Psycho got his "Anybody got antibiotics, my cock burns...-----10 G" achievement on Fable III?

I suppose it is a positive overall.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:25 pm

It has titanfall  !
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:49 pm

hahahah that would be hilarious showing that one off
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Okay, Okra, I was trying to make light of it all because I thought that there is no way that you were being serious, but I was obviously wrong and you are just being an absolute DOUCHE BAG! You don't know me from Adam and if you look over the threads I never attacked anyone and only defended when someone was so pathetic as to take someone else not liking the same console as they as a personal attack. It really makes me sad for you two and I mean that with no jest.

Pariah, working in IT I would hope that you know the difference between cause and effect.
1) I first stated that the changes were probably not enough to sway my decision as my main issue was the Kinect.
2) You then stated that those who were still not buying the Xbox One and felt the change was not necessarily for the better were all assholes and, later, that I personally cost you money and lessened the enjoyment that you perceived you would have from a product that has yet to be released (you do know that the Xbox One is not currently in your living room, right?)

Therefore you, Pariah, called me an asshole, but that definitely doesn't make me an asshole of my own volition; I did that in a later post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:07 pm

You were acting like an asshole and still are in my opinion.  In you opinion, I'm a douche.  It's all good in my world my man.

You's an asshole and I'm a douche.  I can live with it.

Thanks for bringing the humor into the xbox positives thread.

Appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One.....the positives   Xbox One.....the positives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One.....the positives
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next