Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

New TV killing my game!

Go down 
+17
Jon
o RED ARROW o
longhornfan8575
NukeLaCoog
whistlingmick27
Vidzjunkie
HcMaximus
Jman
chemojay
JRED_31
cY staple Yc
Spartan Runnerr
gk daddio 65
TheCanisDirus
Winners
bluehound000
Criptic Wolf
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New TV killing my game! Empty
PostSubject: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 am

My tv died the other day, and I somehow convinced the wife that we needed a 70" HD monstrosity. I jumped on BO2 this afternoon to see how the picture was as, and promptly got ruined by a bunch of randoms.....I could barely get my sites lined up without flailing all over. Anybody experience this when jumping to a bigger screen or have any suggestions to adjusting? I am going to be on tomorrow playing, and hope to join up with some 30's to see if I can regain my sea legs.
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:28 am

It is an adjustment going to bigger tv...a lot of the newer TVs have a game mode, make sure you have it selected if available, takes some of the lag that comes with an hd TV away. I notice a big difference if I forget to do this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 am

Sounds like you have some serious input lag on that TV. like criptic said, Game mode that will turn off all picture processing that the TV can do.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 am

I play much better on ym 23" monitor than I do on my 60" Plasma. Less screen to look at.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am

^^^^This. Whenever i have mine hooked up to my 23" (funny enough the same size) i play much better... and the games just "feel" better. It's that uber low lag monitors (most of them) have and the higher percieved resolution sitting up close without the pixilation of sitting too close to a TV. I just wish it was as comfortable as my couch... my ass won and my consoles are all on the 50" plasma.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 am

Have a 53" bigger screen and I have the opposite problem of moving to a smaller tv. I have tried playing on a smaller tv a few times and tend to get wrecked more then usual so now I just kick everyone off the big screen or wait a play after they are done. Stupid little tv's, hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks guys, I just checked and it does have a game mode, so I will mess with that today. Lag makes a lot of sense with the way it felt. Hopefully I can adjust quickly to this one.
Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:57 pm

after game mode, i found a simple adjustment, for me anyway, but i had to back up a little.
Back to top Go down
cY staple Yc

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:27 pm

I have the same problem 95% of the time I am on my 50 inch and I get owned. When my son isn't home I will go play on his 32 inch and what a difference. I know both TV's have very low latency. I don't remember what they are, but I wouldn't buy one without low latency. I don't have to look all over whe on the 32 inch. The 50 inch I can't aim for shit. I on the 32 inch I have much better game play.
Back to top Go down
JRED_31

JRED_31

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:32 pm

I played on a small ass tv for years then got myself a 50" plasma and my gaming when to shit. Not only cod but all games. Put on the " game mode" and it did shit. After awhile and playing a lot I guess I just got use to it until it just becomes the norm. It just takes time and you will adjust.
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah I play on a 55", I've noticed that all the pro guys play on little screens, maybe it is better lol

Last edited by Criptic Wolf on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
chemojay

chemojay

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 pm

I play Black Ops 2 on a 25 Asus hd monitor. My game improved since I moved to a smaller monitor. On a big tv, I had to look around the screen to see what was going on maybe even tilt my head the larger the screen. With a smaller screen I don't feel like I am looking around the screen to see what is going on. The complete screen is in my viewing area. So its easier to play that way for me.

I can see how playing street fighter 2 the bigger the screen the better. But same doesn't apply for all games
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSiiKYsIkVk

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:35 am

I spent some time on it today and between game mode and turning some other filters down, I got the lag worked out a bit better. Its gonna take a while still to adjust to the bigger screen though. I recently have gotten better and my K/D was rising because I have been averaging over 1.0.....but today I was going way negative...about .5 My K/D went from .73 to .71.....so that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Jman

Jman

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:52 am

I got a 60" plasma a while back, but made sure that it had a game mode to bypass the modulation and interlacing, etc. to minimize lag. It has been fantastic, but done nothing for my k/d. I will have to find another excuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:42 pm

I should clarify, my K/D was rising on my old tv because I was finally putting up positive numbers....I'm going negative on this screen despite fixing the lag issues. I've also stopped using the reflex sight, and am trying to get good with iron sites so I can open up a slot on my packages, so that's contributing to my poor numbers too. Regardless, I just play the hell out of the objective without regard to my numbers.
Back to top Go down
HcMaximus

HcMaximus

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 pm

I also moved down from a 42" plasma TV to a 27' Viewsonic monitor and I can tell you that my game improved after the change. Personally I feel that I can see the whole screen now.
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 pm

My Gameplay has always been "Ok" as I have always played on my 55" LED TV

Once i moved it to my computer room and plugged it up to one of my 27" LED monitors, i feel like I play so much better.

I think once you get to a bigger TV, its actually worse for you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
whistlingmick27

whistlingmick27

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I play on a 47regular inch and have no problem but now I am curious about the game mode. Where do u find it on the tv?
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:14 pm

I suck on every size screen I have used so I go with the biggest I can afford to better enjoy my beautiful deaths
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 am

The game mode is under the display options menu generally.
Back to top Go down
longhornfan8575

longhornfan8575

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:52 am

I think it just takes some getting adjusted to and on my 55' samsung game mode helps for me
Back to top Go down
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:14 pm

You might try sitting farther away from the TV if you have room. Try to get close to the same distance to width ratio you had with the smaller TV. For example if your old TV was 32" and you sat 6' (72") away from your TV then your ratio would be 72"/32" = 2.25. That means to keep the same ratio for the new 70" TV you would need to sit 70" x 2.25 = 157.5" or 13 ft. away.
The closer you can get to the d/w ratio you had with the old TV the better the new TV will feel.
Back to top Go down
Jon

Jon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Never thought about that Red, that's a great point now that i am thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jonasu25
Captain100Proof

Captain100Proof

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm

I noticed a difference when I play on my tv (55" LG) i do great then if I go to my brother in laws and play on his tv (50" Sony) I get lit up!! I think because I am so used to my tv it takes some time to adjust.
Back to top Go down
WOODY04

WOODY04

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Most TV's are 8 to 12ms response time depending on the TV. I bought a 24" Monitor with 1ms response time and I am noticing a huge difference in how the game plays. I am winning more gunbattles whenever we are both sprinting and the 1ms response time allows me that advantage of shooting first. Plus, the smaller screen is easier to see the whole screen which makes spotting people a bit easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TV killing my game!   New TV killing my game! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New TV killing my game!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next