Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Dedicated Servers since July

Go down 
+5
TheCanisDirus
BlackDeath
gk daddio 65
bluehound000
Nely
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

Dedicated Servers since July Empty
PostSubject: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:15 am

Looks like we have been on DS for awhile now in pubs.

As a matter of a fact I can't remember the last time I saw a host migration screen.
(Would also make sense using Blops2 as a trial run)
Check out Drift0rs latest vid

Will embed later can't figure out how to do it on my S3 right now
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:08 am

Here you go Nely

What is crazy is that it was so easy to do, it came must have came in a game update. I'll bet that is why we were getting that crazy "treyarch shuffle" in pubs for a while, and we couldn't get matches to start. I haven't played too many pubs, mostly league lately, but I don't remember a host migration...

If they can do it this easy for BO2, then what would be the excuse to not do it for Ghosts on Xbox 360...other than using it to drive "One" sales?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 am

Thanks Blue

After playing tonight as party leader something is different. The countdown to start the game is different. Its gotta be.

Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:37 am

Interesting. I haven't played BO2 in, wow, a long time but my daughter has been playing recently and I still see lag occurring. Like mentioned in the vid, it my be my internet but I have my doubts on that.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:25 am

the game is still broken

also

too little too late Treyarch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 am

BlackDeath wrote:
the game is still broken

also

too little too late Treyarch
Came in here to say this...

Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:56 am

gk daddio 65 wrote:
Interesting. I haven't played BO2 in, wow, a long time but my daughter has been playing recently and I still see lag occurring. Like mentioned in the vid, it my be my internet but I have my doubts on that.
Dedicated servers wouldn't eliminate lag but it should make it fairly even throughout the players in the game. If you aren't setting your matchmaking to "Best" and/or you end up in a lobby with someone with a bad connection then the only thing that dedicated servers will do is distribute all of the lag equally (mostly.)

If you're in a lobby with a group where they all have a good connection but are on the East Coast and you're on the West Coast then you will still have a bit of a ping issue. The only way that they could address that would be to have everyone on a centralized server so that their pings are all less than optimal and to only group you with people who have the same inferior ping.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 am

Dedicated servers are a good thing.  Unfortunately this revelation of dedicated servers in public lobbies only highlights the core problems with this game.  The guy is in LA and connecting to a server in NJ.

Dedicated Servers since July C396a411

Despite being over 2500 miles away from the dedicated server he has a full 4 bar connection (along with the rest of his team) and the other team has about as bad a connection possible without timing out.  Dedicated servers can help quite a bit but nothing will ever get better until there is a massive overhaul in their matchmaking and netcode.  So essentially I look at this as just another hickey on a hemorrhoid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:40 am

I find this hard to believe based on the video itself.

At the 4:02 mark of the vid he checks the scoreboard and the entire other team's connections are shit. All two and three bars. Maybe his team had super good connections to the server (all 4 bars) even though he was connecting from San Diego to New Jersey (still get a 4 bar huh?) but I wouldn't expect connections like that to a server 3000 miles away (SD to NJ).

I suspect he or somebody in California was the actual host no matter what that program claimed.

Or....the entire other team was from over seas or had 1.5 mb connections.......which I doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 am

Bingo Nuke.

Either they are not dedi's or the matchmaking/netcode hasn't been adjusted to make use of dedi's yet.

Something is not right about those connections at 4:02
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Bars in this game lol

Jive just tested Blops2 on PS3, 360 and PC. All games were being hosted at Choopa.

He also tested MW3 and Blops and they were still P2P.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 pm

So are the connections any better Nely?

I'm only concerned with end results.

Will I get to go 44-3 again and then 35-5 like I did the last time I logged in before it turned into 10-28 and then rage quit? The gameplay in the vid indicated he was beasting based on a connection advantage (just looking at the scoreboard).

Like I said to nuke weeks ago......

I'm not so sure if you gave these clowns millions of dedicated magic cloud servers that it would make any difference.

I suppose I'll give it another try tonight. Hope I get the connection advantage a few rounds to balance out the other rounds.

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:33 pm

This is the concern as Okra pointed out^^^^

Dedicated servers means jack shit if there is still lag. You could run MacGyver designed, peanut butter and bobby pin based servers for all i care... as long as there was no lag, i'd buy the game.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm

and by lag I think you mean being significantly ahead or behind someone in connection to the game
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 pm

I also consider hit detection... when that's off... even if everyone's got about the same ping to the server... it's crap gameplay.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Ha! I don't know if hit detection has ever been "on" in BO2 Smile
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:02 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
So are the connections any better Nely?

I'm only concerned with end results.

Will I get to go 44-3 again and then 35-5 like I did the last time I logged in before it turned into 10-28 and then rage quit?  The gameplay in the vid indicated he was beasting based on a connection advantage (just looking at the scoreboard).  

Like I said to nuke weeks ago......

I'm not so sure if you gave these clowns millions of dedicated magic cloud servers that it would make any difference.

I suppose I'll give it another try tonight.  Hope I get the connection advantage a few rounds to balance out the other rounds.

For me personally I would say so. Rushing or patrolling an area. I have had some of my best games in the past couple weeks. Like I said I haven't seen a migrating host screen in long time.

Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Here is the original video discussing what he found

Now Diggy couldn't check the PS3 so Jive did all 3.  (PS3,360,PC)

In the end.
This is great news for future PS4 owners who plan on getting Ghosts for the PS4 if they were at all worried about not having DS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 am

Played last night.

Got a host migration.

Been playing on BF3 dedi's for months and months (col 10) and have never had a host migration or a kicked back to the lobby.

I suspect these are not true dedicated servers or that they are not for every match. I just know I got a host migration and the connections felt like they always have last night.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:54 am

In the video, I think he said it wasn't necessarily for every match. Who knows... Until they actually say something official... scratch 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:08 pm

I have not had a host migration in atlest 2 weeks !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated Servers since July   Dedicated Servers since July Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Servers since July
Page 1 of 1