Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Clan Wars Strategy

Go down 
+6
bluehound000
Vidzjunkie
ArcaniX
BlackDeath
NightRiders05
Winners
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:54 am

Ok well we went about this clan war all wrong but now we know. Clan wars isnt about holding an objective totally. It is about earning CP which you get by capturing nodes. The more nodes you capture the more CP you get. Keep in mind you have each time you capture previously captured nodes the CP value for the capture goes down. We got the shit end of the stick this time around because I believe BROTHER$ is cheating. We could definately hold our own in this though and the second place CAG clan is not much different than ours as I checked out thier forums and we are pretty similar.

So next clan wars straight out the gate we need to get Dom. Then branch out to Blitz, KC, HCKC, and will probably have to take other game modes also if we want to win. Hunted is worth the most points from what I understand. TDM is worth more too as you have to have 200 wins to capture. I look forward to the next one know what we know now.

How it works explained
Code:
UPDATE 11/27: I’ve heard from several players who are confused about how nodes are won, lost, and regained — I’m fielding perfectly understandable questions like “why aren’t my wins counting?” and “why can’t I take back this node?” I think this sample scenario may help clarify things:

Clan A takes a node for 60 wins (congratulations!).
Clans B through H no longer accrue wins for themselves; now, their victories chip away at the leader’s wins instead.
Clan A can still add wins during this time if their wins come in faster than other Clans’ wins. This is tough, since the fight is now seven Clans against one Clan, but it’s doable if Clan A is racking up a lot of wins when the other clans are slacking.
Clan A receives the bonus XP until they are officially dethroned, even if they are holding on by one win.
Clan A eventually gets dethroned, as their wins have now been reduced to zero. Clans B through H now pick up their win counters where they left off and continue to progress toward 60 wins.
Clan H is the first to hit 60 wins and takes the node (congratulations!). Clans A through G start chipping away at Clan H’s lead. The process repeats. (Clan A will not see their wins “count” at this point if they try to retake the node, because they are actually chipping away at Clan H’s tally. They aren’t moving up from zero wins, because they are helping Clan H go down from 60 wins.)
Basically: If you want to be the man, you’ve got to beat the man. And once the man is beaten, it’s a seven-way race to the top. Defending a node is tough, but so is working your way back up from zero — and this is where your clan’s personal strategy comes into play.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
NightRiders05

NightRiders05

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:23 am

Here is the part I'm still fuzzy on. If you're defending a node are you accruing any clan points? Or are they only obtained by chipping away other people? If the later I see no reason to try and defend a node since CP is the ultimate deciding factor on who's "winning" the war.

We should then take a node and instantly move to a new game type / node.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:13 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
Here is the part I'm still fuzzy on.  If you're defending a node are you accruing any clan points?  Or are they only obtained by chipping away other people?  If the later I see no reason to try and defend a node since CP is the ultimate deciding factor on who's "winning" the war.

We should then take a node and instantly move to a new game type / node.
No you get no clan points for defending. Only for taking different nodes.

Yes take them and move on to a new one.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:22 pm

BD, I'm going to say no points for holding a node, Bukshot held Dom for the first 3 days and got nothing more than the initial 10 points for the cap...

Seems to be a few points for popping a node open (can we confirm??) And points for securing the capture... but nothing beyond that...

I think to be smart, we should target the node with the least number of caps to dethrone the holder and then push for the capture. By watching the other game mode standings, you can tell when other clans are chipping away at a node. Once it nears zero, throw all hands at the new node and try to blast for the top... no sense grinding down the leader if someone else is doing the work... we ahould show up when the dirty work is done... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Yea, i can tell you that us on the Xbone side have all of the clan nodes right now. We are at 147CP

We had all the clan nodes last night and we were at 132. So, i think you need to wait until they take you down a bit, then you get wins to get back to the top.

I will keep an eye on it and see if i can see how the points work.

Right now

CP = 147 (all nodes held)

Here is node status

HCKC = 12 wins to hold(we have 14)
Hunted = 12 wins to hold(we have 12)
Blitz = 12 wins to hold (we have 11 - This is one we need to get back)
S&R = 12 wins to hold (we have 14)
HCTDM = 12 wins to hold (we have 13)
TDM = 40 wins to hold (we have 43)
HCS&R= 12 wins to hold (we have 14)
KC = 12 wins to hold (we have 14)
Cranked = 12 wins to hold (we have 12)
Dom = 25 wins to hold (we have 21 - This is one we need to get back)

So, I should of noticed the CP before i just got the HC TDM back to the top, but i didn't, so I'm putting there here so we can see what our CP is after we get back Dom and Blitzed and later in the day we can compare to what happens
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Vidzjunkie wrote:

HCKC = 12 wins to hold(we have 14)
Hunted = 12 wins to hold(we have 12)
Blitz = 12 wins to hold (we have 11 - This is one we need to get back)
S&R = 12 wins to hold (we have 14)
HCTDM = 12 wins to hold (we have 13)
TDM = 40 wins to hold (we have 43)
HCS&R= 12 wins to hold (we have 14)
KC = 12 wins to hold (we have 14)
Cranked = 12 wins to hold (we have 12)
Dom = 25 wins to hold (we have 21 - This is one we need to get back)
Seriously??? Holy f'in easy mode, Batman!!

XBox360 Platinum Roster:
Core TDM: 200 wins to hold
HCKC: 60
Blitz: 50
Dom: 100
etc, etc, etc... (working from memory, as I'm not switching back and forth to that glitchy app on my phone to write this...)
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Yea, well that is what happens when they put us in the Bronze division...Since most of us were playing on the x30x roster when they were doing match making,,

So, we had no one really on the x2 roster...So, we have to start from the bottom...

Were doing a good job and we know its going to get a lot tougher later...We are just having fun now kicking ass and taking names... Let us enjoy it...We also only have like 6 people at the most playing...maybe 7 or 8, but no more then 10 people total so most of us are having to do all the work.
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Absolutely, enjoy it! Not trying to take away from it... just surprised at how different the requirements are...

For hilarity sake, can you do it ".44 Magnums w/ Tac Knives"-style? That would make for some priceless footage... :p
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:36 pm

The only reason to hold a node is to deny the others the points from capturing it. Or get your xp bonus.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Spray Fartin

Spray Fartin

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 5:16 pm

We only got 2 points for taking the blitz node again!
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:16 pm

There is something we are missing here(but I don't know what it is). If we only get two points for capturing a node how have the top two racked up 183 and 147 points(as I'm typing this)? Or maybe they have and they are running circles around us...because they have to be given those kinds of scores. I know you get different points for different nodes, but that's a lot of damn CP for only a couple of days.

I guess there isn't much point in going for the dom node, since bukshot seems determined to play that mode exclusively...probably not even playing clan wars...just a domination clan.
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey I just found this on a forum...I don't know if its accurate, but it might be:

[–]Null_zero 2 points 2 days ago

Here's what I've found so far.

You keep your CP no matter what, however if you are the first clan to capture a point you get 12 CP, if you are the second you get 11, so your best bet is to capture as many uncaptured points right away then try to hold off the competition. I think the reason for the point capture decay is so you can't just bounce the point over and over to get CP.

parent
Back to top Go down
Spray Fartin

Spray Fartin

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:38 pm

That makes a lil sense, still don't know how the brothers clan got so many points. But maybe we should go after the nodes no one wants to do lol like HC SnR or hunted!
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:38 pm

if you get the node, capture it, you get 12 points (if you were first)

You can either protect it, (as you see people taking wins away, you can just go and get those few wins back.

Or, you can let the other team take you all the way down (so no one owns the node), then you can capture it again. If you do it this way, you will get more points.
Back to top Go down
BoneyVermin

BoneyVermin

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I have to second Vidz comment.  We only have around 6 of us really trying to hold all these points which is incredibly difficult.  It looks easier but when you have 85 plus people on the 360 clan and we have around 20 we end up going against clans with comparable active members.   In general, we are bummed about the clan splitting like this and have to step up and do it all on our own.  Personally, I am suffering from a bad case of "burn eye" from playing too much, I may be blind by weeks end.  LOL
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm

With the CP value decreasing each time a node is captured,  I think the key to gain a lot of CP is to capture as many different nodes, as soon as possible, then going back to recapture the same points over again. By capturing the same node, over and over, we are actually gaining less points with each capture.

Getting the extra XP for holding a node is nice, but if we are looking to win a clan war holding onto a node only makes sense if we are trying to prevent a team from catching us in the overall standings towards the end of the War.

As far as the Brothers having a high CP Total, it looks like they have about 183 points. With 10 nodes, if they captured each one for an average of 18 points, (10 & Cool, then it would be possible. Now I don't understand how they are getting so many wins so quickly in each category to accomplish that, but it is possible if you focus on all 10 nodes one after another instead of a small group.
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:44 pm

\"indyratpack wrote:
Now I don't understand how they are getting so many wins so quickly in each category to accomplish that, but it is possible if you focus on all 10 nodes one after another instead of a small group.
You have no idea indy the # of hours that some of these kids play these games.  For those of us that played BO2 League play there were a LOT of people who racked up 300-600 wins in a month(wins, not games)...thats a lot of freaking play time.  I think some of it would almost add up to 8-10 hours a day...EVERY DAY.

I think we simply can't hang in the platinum division with clans like that.  They might have 50-60 players in their clan on at one time each of them playing for 6-8 hours.  And quite frankly it'd be easy to take over the lobbies of public matches and have one team sandbag since "losses" don't count against you.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 pm

When a new War starts maybe we should focus on jumping on one of the nodes that requires the most wins. If we win the node, then we get max points for one of the harder ones to acquire. If we don't win the node, then we have a large number of wins built up making it easier to be the 2nd one to capture it. Instead of trying to take away wins from the leader let someone else do that. We jump to one of the smaller win nodes and take it in the mean time. Once the large win node is open again, we jump back to it and finish off the wins we need to capture it. Let someone else do all the hard work of taking away so many wins from the leader.
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:27 pm

When word gets out about this I guarantee you that there will be other clans full of kids with no jobs that do 48 hr marathons.  R U ready for that?

I think that we better come to realize that a man's gotta know his limitations. They are quadrupling our score in less than 1 week! That is not a strategy tweak...that's a blowout. Unless we get into a division that is more reflective of the participation level of our clan I'm not going to care. What I feared would happen with this is happening...a few people are taking it too seriously. I'm gonna warn you right now that less than one week into this I could care less about this clan war and that stupid patch. I wanna go back to the way it was before when we had fun playing instead of having to compete every night. Its not bringing up together, there is some friction now from the same stuff that happened in BO2 on a regular basis. Game time for me is the last thing I do in the day after my work is done...I just want to have some fun at the end of my day. Maybe jump into clan vs clan when I want to go tryhard.

You want a clan strategy? Further segment the rosters and create a 3rd xbox roster for those who want to go for the platinum division patches. This might be 15 or so people who have the time to put in a lot of hours. Right now we have 94 people on R1...so that puts us in the heavyweight division. But probably 60-75% of those people are casual gamers who play a few hours a week....so they aren't "pulling their weight"...so to speak. So those who put in the long hours can't make up for the "slackers"(Please don't get mad yet, I'll explain in a little bit). Instead of breaking up the xbox one and 360 we should have split up the Hardcore gamers from the casual gamers. And there are almost more people on my FL playing Xbox one than the 360 in the evenings now.

I do NOT advocate the above strategy. But if you want a platinum division clan wars patch that is what has to happen. I think it kind of goes against what the over 30 clan is about which is bringing together people of all skill levels(without judgement or ridicule) to have fun playing a game. This kind of segmentation has been a sticking point in the past(from what I've read) and I do NOT want to do it. We are a team, and if we are a silver level or bronze division clan...then so be it. I'd much rather be in the bronze division and be able to goof off and not have my clanmates get mad at me for losing at game and "wasting their time".

Bukshot may lose the "clan war" but I'll bet they are having a lot of fun anyhow.
Back to top Go down
ZJ75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:42 pm

The whole thing really is confusing, and the leaderboards are so out of whack I don't think anyone really knows what to think now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Wars Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Wars Strategy   Clan Wars Strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Wars Strategy
Page 1 of 1