Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Duck Dynasty

Go down 
+13
Obi Don S
SouthPawDraw
xl Centurion lx
Dunebuggy
ZJ75
birddotcom
TripleAce Andy
walldoggy
NukeLaCoog
FightingOkra75
Naven
Sr Slampiece
Uncle_Twitchy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle_Twitchy

Uncle_Twitchy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:21 am

What do you guys think about this cloud hovering over them now?
IMO, A&E is making a mountain out of a molehill. The last I read was that the family has said " no Phil, no show" which is honorable of them. If it wasn't for the dad there wouldn't be a show. I have to admit that I enjoyed it at first but now I am sick of seeing duck dynasty merchandise everywhere I go. I think the problem is that no matter what you say your beliefs are they will offend somebody somewhere. It's almost borderline pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:28 am

It's stupid. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with his views, he still has the right to his opinions. For A&E to say he is suspended from a show based on him and his families daily life is just ridiculous. A&E is just trying to protect their relationships with their sponsors. DD will either continue with him in the show as it was or they will go to a different network. And since DD is A&E's cash cow, he'll be back on before you ever knew he was "suspended"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
Uncle_Twitchy

Uncle_Twitchy

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:39 am

Exactly what I thought. Imagine the money A&E is making off the merchandise alone. They would be fools to let the show go. Like I said earlier, the crap is everywhere. I went into a 7-11 the other day and had a DD bobblehead staring at me.
Back to top Go down
Naven

Naven

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:46 am

Whether he was right or wrong, this whole conversation is dumb. (Not you guys, I mean in the world.

You go to work, you say something unprofessional, you get fired. Simple as that. The GQ article had a lot of nice nuggets. Phil Robertson also said things that were racist. It was not just his homosexual remarks... but you do not hear THAT pop up. A&E does not want to be associated with THIS, either - ""I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people'—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.""

You say something inappropriate, something that alienates a viewer base, you suffer the consequences. SURE, you have free speech, but you also suffer the consequences. If you are a Nazi supporter, sure, you can speak at the capital. But do not expect to work for Bloomberg.

It is a non-argument.
Back to top Go down
Uncle_Twitchy

Uncle_Twitchy

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:15 am

Some people think he's just a backwoods countryboy, and he might be, but he's a countryboy with a effin Masters in Education. It makes me wonder how much of the show is fabricated. Keep the show or sink it, either way he's financially set. It could be considered an "early retirement".
Back to top Go down
Naven

Naven

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:26 am

Terry Bradshaw has him to thank for his career. When Robertson quit, Bradshaw took his QB position.

https://youtu.be/tGUBNq9MMTE
Back to top Go down
Uncle_Twitchy

Uncle_Twitchy

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah. That's been brought up several times. The "bucks & ducks" comment.
Back to top Go down
FightingOkra75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:30 am

The show is mostly fabricated.

It is obvious as night and day to me.

Love the show though. Si is funny as hell.

I don't even know what controversy yall are talking about.

Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 am

For the most part I agree w/ Naven. Everyone has a right to free speech, but you don't get freedom from consequences. They suspend him, the family quits the show and everyone moves on. A&E stays rich, the advertisers stay rich, the Robertsons stay rich and everyone keeps on keepin' on.

But I disagree that A&E doesn't want to be associated with it. Publicly they state that they don't. Privately they know this will be a HUGE ratings boost. Fans of the show will watch it even more and people who are pissed off will watch even more so they can point out all the things they are pissed off about. Stir up the shit storm, make it front page news and sit back and watch the cash rain in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Naven

Naven

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 am

OH, That is a good point Nuke. I am just saying, that publicly, big business needs to worry about being politically incorrect. Other than that, I agree!
Back to top Go down
Uncle_Twitchy

Uncle_Twitchy

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:42 am

You're right Nuke. If it's played out right, which it's doing so far, it is the ultimate propaganda machine. Better go stock up on me some bobbleheads. They'll be collectors items soon. In a few days it'll be backpage news anyways. Swept away like nothing happened. If I start seeing "turtleman" shit in every store I go to I swear I will fly out of this country and burn my passport. Why he isn't a victim of natural selection yet just baffles me.

Duck Dynasty Turtle10
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:24 pm

There is no such thing as bad publicity. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:
It's stupid.  Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with his views, he still has the right to his opinions.  For A&E to say he is suspended from a show based on him and his families daily life is just ridiculous.  A&E is just trying to protect their relationships with their sponsors.

Corporations need to appeal to the masses or the media will chastise them and their stock will go down. In this case the corporations believe the masses want political correctness, so A&E had to slap a wrist. I recently saw Lockheed Martin suspended donations to the Boy Scouts for their ban on gays. Similar thing, LM wants to be on the right side of what they think the masses want.

This has been going on since Roman times, only then the masses wanted to see gladiators in death duels the corporations was the Roman government.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
FightingOkra75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:13 pm

That show is totally staged, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.

I could care less what someone on TV says or does.  Say whatever you want.  The annoying part for me, are the extremists, making a bigger deal then it is.  Christian groups protesting, GLADD protesting, MANBLA not getting enough attention. Just get over it and move on!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
Uncle_Twitchy

Uncle_Twitchy

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 am

Is NAMBLA still around?
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:17 pm

According to Bird... yes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Uncle_Twitchy

Uncle_Twitchy

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Found them on FB. I can't post outside links yet due to new guy status.
This guy is looking for friends though if any of you are alone for the holidays.

Duck Dynasty Captur12
Back to top Go down
ZJ75

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 3:14 pm

I have a few thoughts on this issue, mainly the fact that this whole thing has been so overblown it has become ridiculous. This is a man with an opinion (in a very old fashioned-setting out country back 30 years-good old boy-bible clutching way) and while I have nothing but contempt for anyone who would deny the right to any other person that we enjoy without question, I will defend his right to his opinion. The only bad part of this (again, other than the opinion itself) is the fact that he, as well as the other members of the show, have a massive following that will nod in agreement...nodding that results in ideas and backing that will keep fellow Americans who are gay from enjoying the same rights as they themselves enjoy. To go onto a national platform and spew forth anti-gay sentiment is wrong, pure and simple. There was a time in this country, not very long ago, when blacks had the same trouble just trying to be given the same rights to live as everyone else, and now it is the gay rights that need to be addressed. People like the DD cast just shows that this country continues to fall behind the pace of the rest of the world when it comes to certain issues concerning rights and freedoms, and for someone who proudly defended this country, it saddens me to no end. Every man is entitled to his own opinion and has the right to say so, but there also must come a time where we collectively need to put an end to this nonsense and stop throwing the bible in front of every issue.
Back to top Go down
Dunebuggy

Dunebuggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:37 am

The show and cast aren't going anywhere. That would be like AMC taking Rick off the Walking Dead. NOT gonna happen. All about the $$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
xl Centurion lx

xl Centurion lx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:56 am

the show is mindless garbage
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:26 pm

If I got upset every time some TV personality, or pseudocelebrity said, or did something stupid, or questionable...I wouldn't be able to function. Don't like it turn if off, don't buy the product. If what Phil said actually dented the show's viewership, or wallet you can bet sure as shit they'd drop the show and end of story. People love to make something out of nothing, but most of us got bigger stuff to worry about. 1st world problems baby!

F* we have politicians and people in power (on the right and left) saying and doing crazier shit....and they're running the country/world. Why don't all these idiots jump on that. But...that's my opinion. Thankfully I live in a country where I can express it. Now if only I could get a show out of it.

Last edited by SouthPawDraw on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Dunebuggy wrote:
The show and cast aren't going anywhere. That would be like AMC taking Rick off the Walking Dead. NOT gonna happen. All about the $$$$$$$

F*! I'd go for that. Rick is useless. More Daryl!
Back to top Go down
Obi Don S

Obi Don S

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Duck Dynasty 7b64f7b9154a1a78349d7e9f087d7c2e887eefd6
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Those people on that show just make country people look bad ! But I do not care what they say or do !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duck Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duck Dynasty   Duck Dynasty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duck Dynasty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Welcome to the Over 30 Clan :: Off Topic Area-
Jump to: