Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Map Packs for Non-Elite members.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Empty
PostSubject: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:52 pm

I know the first two new maps come out next week for the Elite guys on Xbox.

Anybody know when the maps will be available for individual purchase on Xbox?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

I've not seen anything on YouTube or the net that states the dates will be different for the map pack.

As far as I know, the Xbox release is Jan. 24 for everybody on Xbox. Elite Premium members will not have to pay extra for any DLC since it comes with the service, but they don't get it early.

PS3 people will get it a month later regardless of whether you have the Elite Premium or not.

Can't find anything that says how much it's going to cost for Non-Premium members though. It's only two maps so it better not be $15 or you guys won't be playing those maps with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:20 pm

I found this......

"The release is the first fruits of Activision's new approach to Call of Duty DLC. Premium Elite members can expect around 20 of these bite-sized DLC drops between now and November. The bits of content will be bundled together into traditional DLC packs every few months for regular console users, with the first of those due some time in March."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-10-first-modern-warfare-3-dlc-release-date-and-details

Looks like no DLC for non-Elite people until March.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:05 pm

BigDaddyEarl71 wrote:
PS3 people will get it a month later regardless of whether you have the Elite Premium or not.

Two words to describe this:

THIS SUCKS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Right so I am at a crossroad.

Do I shell out $50 and continue to play this lag fest?
Continue to play the lag fest and pay as DLC comes out?
Pickup BF3?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm

That sucks but I guess that's what I get for being a cheap ass. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Wow thats fucking lame as hell. I got this out of that scheme : Either Pay me 50 bucks or go play a different game. These corporations are fucking lame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:44 pm

All i have to say is,

Game release date was 11-08-11 and I was told free monthly DLC and all map packs would be included. Sweet, here’s my hard earned $100. The 1st DLC release is scheduled for sometime in February for PS3, WTF did I miss? Elite didn’t work from day 1 because more people than expected signed in on a site for “the most anticipated game of all time?” This and lag compensation issues, spawn issues, coms issues, hackers, glitchers and all the other crap I hear about daily is so overly frustrating. If I wasn’t so heavily invested in this crap I would use the game for a beer coaster and just be done with it.

In case you haven’t seen what let downs are to come:

Robert Bowling via eurogamer.net wrote:
"In the future we hope to do a whole variety of stuff. New game modes that we've never seen before, missions, spec ops mission, spec ops survival modes and a whole variety of other stuff that we're looking to experiment with as well.

"That's what I love about this season of content - because we're doing it in a different way, because we get to release stuff early for Elite subs and get feedback before the collections come out, that will help dictate and change our design strategy for future DLC as we're moving forward. We hope to try out a bunch of different stuff - more than just the traditional 'more maps to play on'."

Elite members can expect a total of five pieces of new content in the next three months, with the next due in mid Febraury

Bowling also shed a little light on exactly how development of DLC is managed across three separate studios - Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer and Singularity-developer Raven Software.

"All three developers are contributing to the season - Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer and Raven Software," he said.

"How we've set it up is not really dictating who works on what. We've said to each team, just go out and create what you think is fun. Don't worry how it fits into the game. If you want to tie it into the game in some way do it but just have fun with it.

"Then we all come together as we're working and see where everyone is at, how polished it is, what direction it's going in and then pick the best of the best and start creating the packs out of that. We really didn't try and restrain anyone too much."
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:03 pm

i still dont get why you guys would pay for something you have not seen or heard of. we had this discussion when we were playing earlier today, and people were saying "yeah but i would pay for it anyway" i guess to me my 15 bucks is too important to just blindly give it away in the beginning before i even know what the product i have even looks like ya know. This was also a social protest because this looks too too much like how MMORPGS go.

This basically is a pay to play with the cool kids. that to me is no bueno. I want my games free, either give me free content that is ever changing, not just a map or 2 here, FIX the game in a timely manner, not how it is now, and give me the option of paying for the big things in regards to expansion packs. Then I will consider paying more for a game that largely requires me to make my own content.

It is so much infinity ward to put out a game and not give a crap about that game, just look to the next one. it really truly is a shame that activision can have in their family amazing companies that pay huge amounts of attention to polish like blizzard, and in the same breath have companies that just churn out half tested games and call it a day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm with you pariah, why pay for something before I even think I'll like it. That's why there are demo's and reviews out there.

I actually like the Xbox getting the maps early, so I can watch YouTube vids of play on those maps and decide if I want to get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm

The big problem will be the have's and the have nots in lobbies. Do you ask the 2 guys who havent got the maps to leave so the other four can play on something they paid for and are entitled to get value for money.

It isnt fair on both sides of that argument.

And as far as paying for something you havent tried, its the same game with a different map. You have played it plenty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I think one reason the map packs are "Late" is because elite was so screwed up supposedly they gave us an extra 3 months of elite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:41 pm

franread5 wrote:
The big problem will be the have's and the have nots in lobbies. Do you ask the 2 guys who havent got the maps to leave so the other four can play on something they paid for and are entitled to get value for money.

It isnt fair on both sides of that argument.

And as far as paying for something you havent tried, its the same game with a different map. You have played it plenty.

I never bought a single map pack for BLOPS. Yet nobody in the clan ever asked me to leave a lobby. Thanks for that yall.

I think what they were talking about as far as paying for something you haven't tried.........that was in reference to buying the Hardened Edition I think. If you pre-ordered the Hardened Edition then you were basically paying for the map packs/DLC before you ever even played the first game. Same thing for Elite members who joined Elite Premium before actually playing the game or at least knowing what/how much DLC they'd actually be getting.

I probably won't buy any DLC myself until reports are back from those who are getting it early.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:32 am

Yeah, no one would ask you to back out. But is that fair to those that paid to play the new maps?

Fran is right, it is not fair both ways.

However, I joined a clan of over 30's not a group that has to beg mommy for $15 for the new map pack.

Soooo, I kind of expect to be playing the new maps.

If the difference between the haves and have nots is $15 or $50/year then something is amiss.

Maybe I am an ass for saying it, but that it is how I feel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, since LilRif promoted me to a "Sonny" I feel like I can speak my mind and be an ass if I want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:07 pm

I paid an extra $40 for the hardened edition for two reasons. First, I bought 3 map packs for MW2 and BLOPS at a total of $45 per game. Second, It was a $10 discount. I figure I'm saving $5 by paying up front for the maps I will almost certainly buy and elite is thrown in as a bonus.

If I paid for elite on ps3 and had to wait a month longer to get the content I would be quite irritated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 pm

ReTodd3D wrote:
I paid an extra $40 for the hardened edition for two reasons. First, I bought 3 map packs for MW2 and BLOPS at a total of $45 per game. Second, It was a $10 discount. I figure I'm saving $5 by paying up front for the maps I will almost certainly buy and elite is thrown in as a bonus.

If I paid for elite on ps3 and had to wait a month longer to get the content I would be quite irritated.

Ditto Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Yes we are irratated, but what can we do? Oh yeah, make fun of XBoxers (jk).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
Yeah, no one would ask you to back out. But is that fair to those that paid to play the new maps?

Fran is right, it is not fair both ways.

However, I joined a clan of over 30's not a group that has to beg mommy for $15 for the new map pack.

Soooo, I kind of expect to be playing the new maps.

If the difference between the haves and have nots is $15 or $50/year then something is amiss.

Maybe I am an ass for saying it, but that it is how I feel.

I joined this clan to play with adults instead of randoms. If people want to play the new maps that they paid for then I would have no problem leaving a lobby.

I'm curious though. Does that mean, from your perspective, that you really only want Elite members to play with you. As you know, only Elite Members will have the new maps prior to March.

The only map pack I've even considered for BLOPS was Rezurrection. The game ships with enough multiplayer maps for me to enjoy. Honestly, the description of the two new maps isn't encouraging me to add Elite to get the maps on day one. A sniper map? Bleh. Not my style at all. It isn't about money for me though. It is a value/principal thing. Why should I pay for overpriced/underused maps? MW3 may be worth it though this time. The current maps are so awful tha t buying some new ones may actually be worth it.

Blops shipped with some great maps. MW2 shipped with some great maps too. MW3........not so much.....jmo.

Honestly, MW3 is just a glorified map pack for MW2 really. So, in a way, I've already bought a map pack.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:05 pm

This lag compensation crap needs to be fixed before I invest another dime in IW. It's complete bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:32 pm

The point is moot between us Okra because we play different platforms.

This is something you have to deal with the XBoxers, not me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:20 pm

I may not have been clear in my post, nobody was ever asked to leave a lobby in Black Ops. We would play whatever maps people had. But the honest truth of the matter was that the couple of people who didnt have the maps were brought up in conversation on occasion regarding the issue.

The maps help to keep the game fresh, at the minute its not so bad as the game is a couple of months old but come July onwards the newer maps definetly help.

I am only saying what a lot are thinking when I say that one person who refuses point blank to buy any maps yet comes into lobbies every day and holds back the other 5 or 8 people in that lobby is not being fair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am

I will be getting the map packs, but if some of the peeps I play with Do Not get them, I will have no problem playing with the PEEPS over the maps.

But yes Fran it sucks for both sides. I know when Black Ops was out a couple people had a hard time spending money on maps, because of other bills or whatnot. Could be the same with people here. The economy sucks, so do what ya gotta do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am

Again, I totally agree with Fran.

The clan is mature enough to not ask someone to leave the lobby because they do not have the new maps.

The Elite only matters when the maps first come out because they will be available to everyone eventually.

The question is if someone is protetesting IW and refuses to buy new maps, or simply refuses to spend the money, will they keep their clannies from playing the new maps?

Maybe it is selfish both ways. Those that PAID to play the maps want to play the new maps, and those protesting or refusing to buy them keeping others from playing them.

My guess is that those that PAID TO PLAY, will always give into those that refuse to pay.
And that is what makes this clan a mature clan.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Paying up front for content you might not even like just didn't appeal to me. Now that I've been playing the game for 2 1/2 months and dealing with all the annoying problems I'm not sure about spending more money on this game.

Lag compensation - I was host alot in BO and MW2, now I can't get more than a 3 bar connection.

Horrible mic quality - We all hate it. In BO, we would have running conversations in the lobbies and during the game. It made the game much more fun.

Lobby wait times - Not sure if it's bad on the Xbox but on PS3 we've had to wait 10 to 15 minutes to get into a game when there is a party of six. Matchmaking sucks!

All that makes it where I'm really not having fun playing the game but I am having fun playing with you guys. If that even makes sense.

Now for the real kicker. Map packs have always been $15 and have been 4 maps. This time it's only 2 maps but I bet it will still be $15. THAT'S HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!

It's not like I don't have the money. Got $40 just sitting there on the PSN right now.

With all that said, I still may end up getting it just so I don't keep others in the clan from playing the maps. I wasn't going to get the last BO map pack but I broke down and got it just for clanmates. We all know how that worked out. All those maps were bad.

end rant/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Packs for Non-Elite members.   Map Packs for Non-Elite members. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Packs for Non-Elite members.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next