Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

"Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

"Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Empty
PostSubject: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:13 pm

--Hi, all. Happy Monday! Anyway, my Wife and I were playing a few nights ago (online), and there was a message that came up that read something like "Got Room?". We asked each other "Well, how do we answer him while playing?" Of course, we had no idea, and were unable to pause the game to answer him/her (I clicked the Enter button, but I saw no option to reply to him/her). So, how can I answer somebody if they send me a message while in the middle of a game? We did not play very much at all this weekend, but I would have loved to play with a member of the Clan. Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:15 pm

You can't pause a multiplayer game. Hit the PS button in the middle of your controller and go all the way to the right to messages. You can reply there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Make sure you try to hide if you're in a game and want to respond...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 pm

You will need to push the round button at the center of the PS3 controller, the one that will turn on the playstation if you push it when it's off. Once the screen comes up (important: press and release the button, do not hold it. This will bring up a different menu than the one you're looking for.) scroll over to the right and you will see your friends list and message box. You can reply from there.

Welcome to the 30!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:17 pm

I generally won't reply while in game. There's really no time unless you find a dark corner out of the action, which does no help to your team.

No one here will be offended by waiting until your game is over to reply.

Because IW decided to remove the privacy settings, we are forced to spam out invites instead of just popping in to see what lobbies have room. Just add it to the list of things to be fixed by Robert Bowling. Yeah, right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:24 pm

I don't reply during games unless we have a big lead and i'm just running around like an asshat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Like above said, if no action answer it when you get a chance or wait till after game. I am always sending people messages got room when they are in games, parties, pregame. If someone has room I am sure they will get back to me when they have a chance.

A few nights ago I sent a bunch of people got room messages. In the 5-10 min following I got like 6 back saying full, sorry full, ect. By the way guys thanks for letting me know.

The way IW has the party system its the only way to get in a group. Send out the invites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 pm

@FBD, i just puked in my mouth a little looking at your sig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:28 pm

I usually just send invites to people who are in-game so they know I'm around. Eventually a slot opens and I'll get one back.

Until then I busy myself with randoms on K.C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Dead_Eric wrote:
@FBD, i just puked in my mouth a little looking at your sig

Haha! Tema made that one! I think it's lolrific!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:49 pm

everything but the bouncing junk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm never expecting a reply back when I send the message. It's more just a heads up to those in game that I'm looking. If they aren't running a full group or someone leaves the group I usually get an invite fairly quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Hmmm....
Yesterday after joining the clan, I was just hitting join party so I could ask if there was room.
That a noobie mistake? Is etiquette that I need to send a message?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:23 pm

CerebusArdvark wrote:
I'm never expecting a reply back when I send the message. It's more just a heads up to those in game that I'm looking. If they aren't running a full group or someone leaves the group I usually get an invite fairly quick.

This^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:26 pm

rocklion2000 wrote:
Hmmm....
Yesterday after joining the clan, I was just hitting join party so I could ask if there was room.
That a noobie mistake? Is etiquette that I need to send a message?

No, that's fine. Either way people won't mind. If you do join a party just let everyone know you're a new member.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:27 am

It was crazy last night. I sent out "got room?" messages to several friends and quickly received 5 invites. Tried to join each one of them and was unsuccessful. Talk about frustration.

If you choose not to respond right away, while in a pre-game lobby you can press the Triangle to pull up your list of friends. If you received a party invite, you'll have the option to press the Triangle again to see "game invitations." The majority of the time, if you do not join right after receiving an invite, you'll have to wait for another as more invites than slots are usually sent out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:33 pm

I usually try to answer even in game... I figure I am safe somewhere around our spawn but half the time I die while typing on the stupid PS menu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks for all the help, guys. Maybe this weekend we will play some online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:40 pm

I generally too also spam messages with the subject "room?" and when someone gets a chance, I get the same messages about being full or an invite. Sometimes, though I'll get a message back from the person saying "solo" or "running solo"... Does that mean you want to be left alone or you want to party up? I've always taken it as "want to stay alone" b/c there was no invite sent...am I wrong in thinking this?

To OP, feel free to add me. Welcome to the clan. Did you pick up MW3 now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
Sometimes, though I'll get a message back from the person saying "solo" or "running solo"... Does that mean you want to be left alone or you want to party up? I've always taken it as "want to stay alone" b/c there was no invite sent...am I wrong in thinking this?

Yes, that means they are trying to play by themselves. Often there is a reason for this if you ever get it from me. Please do not take offense. The only time you will get that from me, is if 1. I'm working on a video of some kind, or 2. my kids playing and not me.

Otherwise, is asked to play, with others. Im always up for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:00 pm

I usually start by playing FFA or tdm if I don't get a invite when I log on. That way the others can see you playing with randumbs and shoot you an invite. But, I can't wait I will send out sone got room messages and get an invite, but I do this when I see people in a pregame lobby. Once in awhile I will jump in a 30 lobby and end up on the other team. So now I yell in my mic "take it easy on me" before my game starts. Then I just try to my best to give the 30's hell since I know I will lose anyways. I get a kick out here some of you guys yell during the kill cam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...   "Got Room?" message while playing.  Question regarding this... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Got Room?" message while playing. Question regarding this...
Page 1 of 1