Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

LG TV for Gaming

Go down 
AuthorMessage

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Can someone give me your opinion of the below TV to be used specifically for playing COD? I'm trying not to break the bank. Would like to be in the $250 - $350 range and 32". If someone has a better suggestion, fell free to suggest.

One requirement, it has to have an input for my computer.

Gonna put this at my desk and use it as a monitor as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OVEUPW
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:29 pm

The specs look ok for a smaller TV. This one is only 720p, but you probably won't be able to tell the difference on a 32". The one spec I don't like is the refresh rate - 60 Hz. For gaming 120 Hz is much better. The reviews below it look pretty favorable.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

skellington72 wrote:
The specs look ok for a smaller TV. This one is only 720p, but you probably won't be able to tell the difference on a 32". The one spec I don't like is the refresh rate - 60 Hz. For gaming 120 Hz is much better. The reviews below it look pretty favorable.

Thanks. Like I said I didn't want to break the bank and I think I would have to spend another $150 to $200 for 120Hz.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Never could really notice a difference between my 1080P / 60 Hz sharp....vs the 120 z and up models.

I say if it fits your budget and you like the look....go for it.

Keep the receipt and make sure you buy somewhere with a good return policy.

Go nuts on Cod for the next few weeks and decide for yourself.

Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Sent a tweet to Mike (ONS1AUGH7) and surprisingly he plays on a 32" 720P Sony Bravia. Will prob go with the LG as it has a higher contrast ratio (70,000:1) vs the other I was looking at.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:41 am

TTT. Any thoughts from the weekday peeps?
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:57 am

I just got Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500......It's great didn't have a remote as it was a display but who cares I picked it up for 488 with a extra 2 year extended warranty from Wally World... Always look at the display's as sometimes you can get a better bang for your money...I spent a lot of time looking and checking. But now I feel as if I am having to learn to play all over again. Hope this helps Chris....catch ya soon!!
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 am

I can not post here?
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:04 am

I can not post the link, go to BestBuy.com, a deal on a 32" LED with pc output
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 am

Insignia 32" LED for 279.99. Not sure why I can not post the link.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 am

ReaverofSouls77 wrote:
I just got Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500......It's great didn't have a remote as it was a display but who cares I picked it up for 488 with a extra 2 year extended warranty from Wally World... Always look at the display's as sometimes you can get a better bang for your money...I spent a lot of time looking and checking. But now I feel as if I am having to learn to play all over again. Hope this helps Chris....catch ya soon!!

Little too much than I'm looking to spend. But thanks.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 am

u404398 wrote:
Insignia 32" LED for 279.99. Not sure why I can not post the link.

You think an off brand is ok? Do you have this one? It only has 5000:1 contrast ratio and the LG I'm looking at has 70,000:1

Last edited by SoonerChris on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:20 am

No a couple weeks ago I bought a 42" Plasma Insignia for 399. If they would have had that tv I might have bought it instead tho for the basement.

My only thing is I was close enought to go to the store and I have to see a tv on display first. If they don't have one out and plugged in I will not buy it.

For the Price it seems like a good deal.

Sorry I was not able to put the link on here not sure why it would not let me type it or put it in the link box.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:23 am

They have over 20, 32" tvs for under 300.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:23 am

u404398 wrote:
No a couple weeks ago I bought a 42" Plasma Insignia for 399. If they would have had that tv I might have bought it instead tho for the basement.

My only thing is I was close enought to go to the store and I have to see a tv on display first. If they don't have one out and plugged in I will not buy it.

For the Price it seems like a good deal.

Sorry I was not able to put the link on here not sure why it would not let me type it or put it in the link box.

Think I will probably go with the LG. It's at Walmart and I don't have a Best Buy where I live. The contrast ratio on the LG is a lot higher as well.
Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 am

Yea I would go for the one I can go see also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LG TV for Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: LG TV for Gaming   LG TV for Gaming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LG TV for Gaming
Page 1 of 1