Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?

Go down 
+8
WREG
Mason32nd
walldoggy
Kamea6
DELTAxDOG
The1UrLookin4
Ogbunabali
JK STEELERS68
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Empty
PostSubject: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I can't remember if this was done before, but it is something that I would like to read about.

I would love to read you guys destroyed me, so I figured I would join the winning side. But I feel those will be few and far between.

ME: I seached top 100 clans on black ops and the rest you can say is history. When I came here there were about 8 core xbox members and steadily grew, and when mw3 came out we were adding people by the 50s each week.

This was the only clan on the top 100 that didn't have requirements and had an xbox section. There weren't any stupid rules like you have to have something in your GT or on your bio. Even though most of us are proud to have the 30 in our gamertag info.

Thanks again Dave.

PS: This post was inspired by Steagles99 a 34 yr. that I am chatting with on xbl. He was inquiring about elite and even questioned if I would hack him. lol I have put a lot into this one so I hope it pans out. I have pointed him to the forum, youtube, and facebook. If that isn't enough I don't know what else I can give him.

Remember if he joins give him a warm welcome STEAGLES99
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:26 pm

JK, it was done on the old site, but I don't believe it has on here. With so many new guys, good idea to bring it back and hear their stories.

As for me, it was on gamefaqs, Dave posted their looking for mature gamers to start a clan for fun, I jumped on it right away, FR were sent and the rest is history. Been here since and don't plan on going anywhere for a long time I hope. Thanks again Dave for your hard work and dedication, look how far it's come! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Same here, I saw dave's post on gamefaqs. I joined up on the old site I think it was the the first january of black ops. My first 3 friend where savy snow and the 1.I always like to welcome new guys like they did me. I was in the recruitment stage with RSS, left those clowns and join an awesome clan . +100 to Dave for starting this clan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:22 pm

I was talked into playing online when mw2 came out. it was instant addiction for me. I played with the same fellas all throughout. We had a pretty descent group when black ops came out but the guys slowly dwindled down to almost nothing because of the different shifts we worked. I got tired of playing alone and did a black ops clan search and ended up on the top 100 clan site. I chose over 30 because i'm over 40 and the no kdr requirement sounded good to me. Now, 8 or so months later and a full friends list I'm happy to be here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 am

Here is the "I was on the receiving end" story... I had been playing Black Ops since July of 2011. My daughter's friend left it over at the house in exchange for Assassin's Creed. I played solo for a couple of prestiges then I made my first friend, Inflated Marlin. We were playing against this guy who was whipping the shit out of us. Anyone that has played with me knows I don't run from an ass whippin. So we stayed in the lobby then Marlin had to bounce. So did this guy that it had become my mission to kill. So I looked him up on the recent players list. Ogbunabali was easy to remember because I actually knew what the name meant. So I jumped into his lobby and continued my quest to redeem myself. He wasn't getting Nukes but his consistency was amazing. I eventually messaged him, asking if he had any tips I could use to improve my game. He recommended an gun or two and mentioned that playing in a clan will help. At which point he mentioned the 30. So I dashboarded, googled over 30 and here I am... ... ... still looking to redeem myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 am

Game FAQs also for me a little over a year ago. Walldog found the original thred from Game FAqs before, maybe he could find it again and share it. It was fun to read all the posts from the OGs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:36 am

I joined early last year after playing blops solo for awhile. I was a real bad player and had been looking for ways to get better on what is now MW3forum. There was a lot of stuff about finding a clan, but they all had KDR requirements...how can I join a clan to get better if I'm not good enough to join a clan? After searching their forums for a couple weeks I ran across a thread for the 30's looked over the site and signed right up. My first clan game ever was a TDM game with dave and crossfire on nuketown...they were running and gunning like mad and I tried but failed to keep up. A little while later I spent a good afternoon playing and bullshiting with Rif...good times. I used to be real shy about trying to get into games and stuff because I wasn't very good...but I eventually realized that didn't matter as long as we all had a good time...now I have a full friends list and can't stand playing solo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:06 am

I responded to Dave's post on blackopsforum, now mw3forum (pg 4 of 22, right after migidymarsh Razz).
mw3forum.com/showthread.php?t=15048
I used to go there to read all the kiddie comments and play with random kiddies. When I saw a clan for adults I was so stoked that I didn't need to put up with all the crap over there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 am

Totally got my ass handed to me in a game on Ps3 black ops and decided to look things up. Funny how being part of the 30 has improved my game style but then again when half the clan are kill whores I guess it's not hard Smile
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 am

When I got my xbox and black ops, I went online and found this forum joined and not looked back. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:03 am

Well I got my PS3 in the Middle of 2010 bought MW3 and just got murdered over and over but I was addicted it was my 1st FPS game.. Black Ops came out I pre Ordered it. Played it a couple months got sick of dieing alot. Surfed the net looking for a clan. Found the Over 30 Clan Facebook page. Sent a message asking what requirements where and if I could join. Another Note befor this clan all I had played was TDM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:07 am

To get away from my World of Warcraft addiction I decided to play a little more on the ps3.. I started on battlefield vietnam a long time ago (pc) so when battlefield bad company appeared for the ps3 I thought I would give it a try. I didn't really enjoy it altough the destruction of houses etc was really nice. I did however like MW World at War and was playing it like crazy (stg-44 is god)

When Killzone 2 came out I was forever hooked on the ps3. I started playing in a dutch clan and later which combined international clan. I have to say that there were a lot of young uns there but I had fun nonetheless. I still have a few of them on my friendslist but they become quite inactive.

When MW2 came out I thought I'd give it a try but I hated it. Felt like I was playing in the arcade so when Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out I played it till my disc cracked. I used to play it with my brother and another friend of mine who's also in the clan.

When my brother and a few friends said they would buy Blops for the the ps3 I thought I would try the title.. I loved it! So played a lot of a lot of TDM and eventough I did not mind playing alone, it was getting boring... So than I thought I'd check the boards for a good clan.

Since my k/d ratio was nice at the time (around 2.07 its easier to maintain if you can just run around and kill whore) I checked several sites.. But I know the hassle of getting into "Try Hard" clans from my Killzone days and preferred something laid back with mature minded gamers. I found a link to the site of the 1 send him a pm and he told me about Shorty and the likes.

Shorty added me to his friendslist, than played 1 game with the bastards and was mindtwisted forever.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:33 am

From the Mw3forum.com best decision I've ever made. I got into a clan before this one and man it wasnt even cool. You couldnt even use thier tag until you had a week in and had to run EVAL for a full week as you were under evaluation. I quit the first day. Lol then I came here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 am

Played zombies with my cousins and loved it. Wanted to play with them more since I live 13 hours from them. Wife bought me a PS3 (a descision I am sure she regrets) and I got BO. I sucked...bad... 3-22 and played a lot of demolition (why God why). So, I looked at how to make myself better and tried to find a forum where I could gleen some advice.

I too was from the Blackopsforum now MW3 forum. Dont remember what page I was on though... The site no longer exists, but we are here. I remember setting up times to play there in the thread. My first clan game was with Marsh. Savvy and FBD were also some of the first names I knew as well. This was back in the day when Savvy Rage Quit.

Now I have having the most fun ever playing with guys I practically know since I talk to them 3-4 times a week, laughing, bullshitting, and general ass grabbery (not literal ass grabbery. I leave that to manic and the UK crew). The clan has exceeded my expectations for game play. We all are growing as players and helpign makeing each other better. My KDR is approaching 1 in BF3 and this is exciting since of the three games this will be my first one to get to even.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am

Sorry Wini... this isn't the place for even the slightest of BF3 mention. This is your first warning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

MANIC wrote:
Sorry Wini... this isn't the place for even the slightest of BF3 mention. This is your first warning

It was not until the last line... I am trying to be good.

...and since I quoted you, you now have mentioned just as many, if not more than I have. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 am

MANIC wrote:
Sorry Wini... this isn't the place for even the slightest of BF3 mention. This is your LAST MUTHAFUCKIN warning
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am

Last edited by The1UrLookin4 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 am

Dave recruited me to be the resident prick. Every clan needs one. Razz

Actually I think I saw the posts on blackops forum or gamefaqs. MW2 was my first online FPS...played lots of other FPS games, COD4, W@W, etc, but just single player and coop. Playing MW2 with randumbs almost made me quit playing completely.

Kudos to Dave for bringing this dysfunctional international crew together.

@Hoffy- Who is that wretched swamp donkey in your sig? I just threw up in my mouth a little...
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 am

MW3 is the first game i had played online, had played mw2 and mw3 at home with freinds and thought i was a beast (i was compared to them lol). so i got into a turnament at my local blockbuster, got my ass whiped first round lol, so i got online to "improve my game" and found out once agan that i sucked! So after about 20hrs of agravation i started looking into clans, found this one first on the top 100 joined up and havent looked back. I now injoy rapeing noobs and tripple capping randums on a daily basis with a smile on my face Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 am

Similar story...I never played video games online, then for Christmas 2009 by then girlfriend, now wife, bought me a PS3 (a decision she has regretted), never played it online until my B-day in 2010 when she bought me MW1 because the clerk at Target recommended it (a decision she has REALLY regretted). At first I didn't play it online. I beat the story mode then one day bored I decided to give the multiplayer a shot and well I was hooked and soon bought MW2.

However, I was getting my ass kicked in MW2 and didn't even bother picking up Black Ops until around December 2010 and again found it difficult to play as a lone wolf, went online to find a clan and found Dave's post on blackopsforum, now mw3forum and was one of the OG's...

The Clan has really improved my game play and my general enjoyment of the COD series, but honestly I spend more time on these forums then I do playing the game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm

I have been into the COD series since COD4 (MW1) came out, but I didn't really play the online portion until Black Ops. I didn't want to deal with the smack talking 10-year-olds. But when Black Ops came out, something spurred me to try the multiplayer, and I was hooked. And I sucked. After playing against enough clan parties, I figured I might try to join one myself. I googled "Black Ops Clans", found the Top 100, and the Over 30 banner caught my eye. Cool! Here's a laid back group of people that are in MY age range, and don't care how good you are.

I still suck, but I suck a lot less now that I'm running with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I got sick of playing Black ops sole and went onto the blackops forum in december of 2010. Linked up with Dave and Shorty. Played my first games with The1, Shorty, Marsh. The clan just grew from there. Glad I found it. I would have quit the Mulitplayer long ago if not for the silly hijinks of the clan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 pm

I googled "Irish sailors weeping" and came up with Fran.

Last edited by CanisMajor60 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:15 pm

i've been playing all the cod series since mw2 just like most of the guys here, i did a few searches during the time i was playing mw2, i think i found a clan called the old man clan, joined the forum, but i never really pursued it. when mw3 came out, some thing just told me to give the clan search another try, so i went online found the top 100 clans site, scrolled through the list, which i found that most had requirements and tryouts. the only one that stuck out was the over 30 clan, clicked on it, signed up, and the rest is history. everything about my game has improved since coming to the 30, it was a much needed break away from playing with randumbs. i actually enjoy playing this game now. thanks dave for making this clan what it is, and giving us old guys a place to connect with other mature old guys so we can get out there and kick some pixel butt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?   So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how did you come find the Over 30 Clan anyway?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next