Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

I still love DOM, but..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

I still love DOM, but.. Empty
PostSubject: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm

anyone else want to take a short break from domination without taking a break from MW3? Yesterday a group of us dropped in for a couple games of team defender and drop zone. We got beat in team defender, and mostly because the other team had a pretty good strategy and we're were all pretty much novices in that game mode, but we had a blast and I at least saw some potential for fun with a lockdown strategy and some players thinking outside the box.

In drop-zone we absolutely smashed one team 7500-740, and beat an amazingly effective group of ass-hat snipers (seriously, 6 quickscopers) by slightly over 100 points. BOTH of those games were insanely fun to me for different reasons, but they were both fun.

With the loss in team defender it occurred to me why it was still alot of fun even though we pretty much got reamed (didn't lose by much, but it was only close at the end). We didn't go in expecting to be better than the opposition. We went in just to try something different, and it was a blast. There was no self-imposed pressure to perform well. Let's face it.. in domination, we expect to be dominant. When we are not, for any reason, it is somewhat stressful because we are accustomed to winning and we play for the win (which I LOVE about this clan).

Anyway, there are good times to be had in this game, even when the connection fairies are engaging in homoerotic displays instead of giving us a fuckin host migration, and when it seems like every lobby is full of 2.0 k/d ass-monkeys with 42k kills and 213 captures.

Anyone else wanna go mess around in some other game modes? Anyone else wanna get together on alternate accounts and troll people? Lock down a public ffa lobby by having someone join and then all of us join on him until we have it to ourselves?

Ok, me neither then. Just kidding?
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I for one had a great time yesterday while playing team defender and drop zone, team defender seems like it would be a good choice as a break from Dom since it still involves full team gameplay and strategy. I'd be up for playing team defender with you whenever you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm always down for some DZ riot shield madness...it's best to have a nearly full group though when playing...we were on a pretty steady daytime run of playing it with rif awhile back...but I haven't played afternoon games for awhile...I will probably get back on when school is done next week though.
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 pm

One of the funniest things about last night was when the fellow thirties backed out of a lobby as soon as they saw us... that was amusing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 pm

DZ is fun. I was playing it yesterday with vairag (JFR), alanwb1900 (artem subbed for JFR after) and with 3 of us we managed to win most games and still kick some butt. I used to hate it because there are way more deaths involved but if you get into the DZ and grab a few CPs it all evens out.

The few games we've tried for Defender didn't go so well so we kind of gave up on that. We would need to take a few licks to get a strategy, and it is just a matter of accepting the fact we are gonna lose a few before we get the hang of it.

JAGERpatrol wrote:
One of the funniest things about last night was when the fellow thirties backed out of a lobby as soon as they saw us... that was amusing.
They should have stayed!
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:24 pm

I would be down for trying some team defender, and I am a Drop Zone God for the record. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Dropzone is the shit. Little more excitement to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 pm

always up for Drop Zone! I love getting packages dropped on my head...or dropping them on others! Seriously though, it's the only way I've gotten AC-130s and Reapers which are fun for me. And I love smacking people with my Riot Shield. I'm about to prestige again so DZ is one of my first modes to go to max out my shield and pro Blast Shield before I unlock other things. Hit me up for Drop Zone.

Team Defender I've played a bit too and I think I posted some strategy for it on here somewhere....based on the maps, places to camp with the flag, perks to run, etc... I'll try and find it as I'll go for that too.

Can't find the Team Defender one...maybe I didn't do it but here's an old post from February that last time Hammer posted about this (slightly edited):

I'd like to get in on this....not sure what availability I'll be on Saturday but I'll look for you CaptHammer (you're on my FL).

I've played a bit....here's what I have learned from others and experience:

*There are two ways to play...get in the zone and control it or stay on the outside and help pick off the enemy (somebody on your team has to go get in the zone though. If one person wants to stay on the outside, a thermal scope is recommended b/c lots of people use smoke grenades.

* I run into the zone...so I prefer a shotgun with high ammo. ----NOW a Riot Shield and machine pistol.

* Recommended perk/equipment set-ups:
Blind Eye pro or Recon Pro, some people use Ext Conditioning
Blast Shield pro
Steady Aim pro or at least one person with Sitrep pro (some crates dropped are the exploding ones)
Semtex grenades or C4
Trophy System, Smoke, EMP grenade
2 people minimum should have Stingers

* Martyrdom is an excellent DeathStreak.

* I think it was Nate who suggested a Riot Shield and crouch. Helps absorb damage and protects you to hold the zone.

* You could use Recon Pro as well to help mark enemies for the rest of your team.

Can't think of anything else right now but sure I'll come across it when I play again.

Last edited by OldSchoolNESfan on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:46 pm

mwhop78 wrote:
, and I am a Drop Zone God for the record. lol!

You must be mistaken sir as there can be only one, and that is me. Also i only need 49 sabatoge wins for the emblem. If any ones every down?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:50 pm

once I hit 10-80, I'm all about title/emblem whoring so I'll be up for that Sith. I'm gonna try and earn/collect all the ones I know I am capable of getting without throwing my controller into the TV over frustration for not getting anything higher than a 4 kill streak...I average 3 usually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 pm

I played drop zone with rif one day and we were winning games in under a minute... while it's great for building your w/l ratio, it really isnt that much fun for run and gunning...

team defender is fun, it definitely has unique strategies to it and certain places to hide, the flag carrier has to be active though and fire his weapon, many just crouch in corners and hope to be protected
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:20 am

I haven't been on much lately but hoping that will change soon...I will play any game mode & I love playing FFA with fellow clannies & some randoms bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 am

x_DeathsMistress wrote:
I haven't been on much lately but hoping that will change soon...I will play any game mode & I love playing FFA with fellow clannies & some randoms bounce

Always good to see you online Mistress! And speaking of FFA, I would do a lobby of FFA with other 30s for fun plus some randoms...not in a private match...still must get to 10-80. We could even team up on the randoms (j/k or am I?)...kinda like we saw in that Gun Game once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:39 am

i do find it very funny that the other 30's hopped out so fast lol.it was a good time we should do it more cuz i hear you on the hole dom thing, i mean i like dom but it gets a bit old just running it 95% of the time.So im up for some team D of DZ or what ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 am

Last night was a blast!

We started out on drop zone, Me, Hoffy, and Darksoul. Three randumbs, other team was seasoned at Drop Zone. So for the 2nd time in around 60 matches, I lost a game of Drop Zone. (2 of the 3 randoms were 4-XX with 200 points....not sure they even saw the red cloud the entire match)

Then we picked up a few more willing x30x participants (I smoke tremendous amounts of pot, so I really only remember DemonShroom and btMac, but we ran full a couple of games) and bloodbaths ensued.

Average game time - 2 minutes
Average margin of victory - 5,000

Twice I topped 4,000 points on the leaderboard with less than 10 kills (if you're into Score Per Minute as a stat, this is your damn game!)

It is perfectly possible to win, play the objective, AND go positive in K/D (if you really want to. Some don't care at all and will run riot shield and I LOVE playing with them).

I think a dedicated squad could rattle off 100+ game winning streaks in this game mode. Since my highest win streak is 33 (dom) I'm gonna spend some more time in DZ.

See you there, if you got the ......searching japanese to american dictionary...... MARBLES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm always down for a change of pace! I know when with Rif, we play DZ a lot and almost always have a good time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm

I am always up for ANY game mode, if I am in the party I will happily run something besides Dom.
Back to top Go down
Barney_killer187

Barney_killer187

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:09 pm

im game to try something new, feel free to invite me!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Hammer, any game mode with you guys is fun. I'm up for anything as long as you guys don't mind my whining about sniping fucknuts. I'd probably prefer to stay away from TDM, but I'd be willing to play other modes. I used to play a lot of Capture the Flag in BLOPS, so it would be cool to revisit that mode. I'd also like to play some more Team Defender if we get a chance. As I was telling you guys yesterday, I thought HQ was fun but I think Drop Zone is probably better. We seemed to really dominate in Drop Zone as a clan. And when we get a competitive game of DZ, it's as fun (if not more so) than Dom.

I couldn't agree with you more about taking a small break from Dom every now and then. We take it so seriously as a clan that we've forgotten how to enjoy it sometimes. If we're not dominating, we start getting pissed and it just starts to lose its luster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm the DZ riot shield man...my K/D is usually just below even, but I get a lot of assists, I have a blast with that thing in that game, plus it helps the team rack up a lot points towards the win...One of my favorite thing with the riot shield is seeing guy run up to you, freeze cuz he doesn't know what to do, and a teammate blows him away as he's staring at me Laughing
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:54 pm

com gets boring to me sometimes. I am up for any game mode even if a loss maybe a greater chance than a win. see ya online
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:09 pm

i'm down for some different game modes except team campmatch and camp confirmed, send an invite if you guys see me on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I still love DOM, but..   I still love DOM, but.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I still love DOM, but..
Page 1 of 1