Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BOps 2 matchmaking

Go down 
+4
bouyah61
ninjesmurf
GNRL_TSOS_CHKN
NukeLaCoog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 pm

"On the multiplayer front, I think one of the things we’re paying attention to is that there’s a lot of very experienced COD multiplayer gamers who are very good at Prestige-ing," said Lamia in an interview with PSM. "They want to play and compete with people, and to find and play with their friends more easily. We’re listening to that. We also hear from people who aren’t as adept or as skilled in multiplayer that they’d like to be able to compete or have a way to play where it’s maybe not as difficult to compete at times—so if they have a chance to build up their skill sets then they’ll compete—so we’re actually working to satisfy a broader range of both.

"We believe that COD is incredibly fun to play with your friends or with somebody else online. And we think we can help people find and make that connection in the game through our matchmaking system—we want to help people do that. We also think the second most fun way to play COD, besides winning, is almost winning. We want to make more of those experiences, too, because those really close matches can be very satisfying as well."

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7545/article/black-ops-2-zombies-treyarch-is-creating-new-worlds-new-game-modes/

As a noob to CoD I am very happy to see this and I hope they can pull it off. Since I started playing the last couple of months I always heard people complaining about how much I sucked or how much the guys I was teamed up with sucked (pre +30 Clan of course). We didn't know how to play, we noob toob'd too much, we camped too much and we used 2nd Chance too much. My reply was always no shit, I can't take more than 10 steps out of my spawn without taking 40 bullets to the face from 4 people what do you expect us to do. As much as the more advanced guys hate playing terrible players, we hated playing against you more because it was a bloodbath and not fun. I really hope they set up a true matchmaking system that aligns lobbies with similarly skilled players. Prestige, K/D, points, points per minute, win% whatever combo they want to go with would be great for everyone and I think it will make the entire experience much better. Well, the guys that will not like it are the ones that publicly hate the noobs, yet really love them being in a lobby because he isn't going 73-5 without bombfodder willing to die dozens of times....like me
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
GNRL_TSOS_CHKN

GNRL_TSOS_CHKN

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:02 pm

I agree. At least they're not having fun and WINNING! It's taken me a long time to become decent at the game and I still get frustrated when I come across some people who are "that good". Maybe the best way to match people up would be by their K/D ratio? IDK for sure, but that would eliminate people trying to cheat the system.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah but how would it go with one of our lobbies some 30's have lower k/d then others someone would either be at an advantage or disadvantage.hard to match mixed party
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:54 pm

I agree with the concept of it, making the game fun and challenging for all skill levels, although I do enjoy easy lobbies myself.

This will only work if they can get rid of the advantage that the connection occasionally seems to give to one team or player(s). I've been completely decimated by players with KDR and W/L well under 1.0 just because of lag comp. It's even worse when they are good. Sure it goes both ways, sometimes our entire team averages 28-7ish and it wouldn't matter what stats the other team has.
Back to top Go down
bouyah61

bouyah61

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 pm

It will be interesting to see what changes they make. And basically everyone that plays has been at the point when they couldnt keep up with the pace and intensity of the game, even if it was a long time ago. I find that the only way you can get better and start to compete is to get in a lobby go full bore till you start to figure it out. If you never compete with the better players, you will never push your skills to the next level. And when you finally start to kill some of "those" guys, its pretty damn satisfying.
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:40 pm

bouyah61 wrote:
If you never compete with the better players, you will never push your skills to the next level. And when you finally start to kill some of "those" guys, its pretty damn satisfying.

Nothing is better than a "buzzkill" bonus followed by a rage mic...
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

I am interested on how they are going to do this with full parties. Are they going to go by the best play, worst player or and average of the team? It is going to be interesting if it works.
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 pm

I would think the easiest way would be for them to run it off the party leader stats
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Bizotch wrote:
I am interested on how they are going to do this with full parties. Are they going to go by the best play, worst player or and average of the team? It is going to be interesting if it works.

My thoughts exactly, I want to know how they will determine what stats they will use to make the match.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:52 am

This is a great concept however I think it will just complicate things further than they are already. It is just more for the system to look for to find a match. As it is now on xbox I can't host a party of more than 2 and find a match. That is with 30 down and 10 up for my internet connection. They can't make everyone happy but I would be happy if the lag comp worked properly in Blops 2.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:10 am

To begin with, I would hate to know how they come to their conclusion as to how to match up lobbies. There are people, in this clan( I know, it's a shock), that would try to manipulate that match making system. Say make the weakest player the party leader. Then what? It's not really different than manipulating it in any other sense. Such as dropping out of lobbies vs other clans, or finding that perfect spot where you can shoot with out getting easily shot. I ain't being judgmental, but lets call it what it is. If you are run faster than another man in a race you are the winner. If you spend time finding how to take advantage of matchmaking algorithms you ARE NOT a better player. Just a better manipulator of the system.

Kuddos to my friends that are already trying to figure out how best to take advantages of the 1's and 0's in the program. Yes, I suck and yes I will be the party leader...in my defense my friends are assholes and superior players... and I really want people to like me.

assholes
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:32 am

This is a complete waste personally.

The good high kdr killwhores arn't all going to hang out by themselves for the competition because they will damage their stats. They can't all go 20-5 in a game.

The other useless side is for our clan (and all other clans) as we have different stats and skill levels but we will want to play together.

So we will all be together playing as usual and still joined by the 4 kdr kill whore guy.

You don't get a high kdr or w/l ratio by playing other people with high kdr or w/l ratios.
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Did anyone check out Woodys Gamertag's video on the new match making. He thinks its going to be like halo where you have ranked and casual playlists. And its going to be based on wins.

I would post the video but my work computer blocks youtube.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 5:26 pm

It will be interesting if they base it off W/L. If so, I think they would need to account for Host Migrations/Lost Host/Dashboarding.

Maybe they take the aggregate for the whole party? Add up all the K & D for the party and come up with a party K/D. Or party W/L? I can't imagine going off highest or lowest. Especially lowest. How many second, third, hundreth accounts do you think you would start seeing to keep your competition noobish?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:23 pm

My thought was what if they base matchmaking on party size such as trying to match 4 vs 4 first and adding randums as needed as opposed to dropping a full of team of 6 into a lobby of 6 randums.

Maybe they will base the matching making on game mode. K:D determines matchmaking in TDM, KC, etc and W/L in objective based games.
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 am

There is going to be leagues now. This is going to be different.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:06 am

Holy crap, if that is how they are going to do the ranking system then I am going to have to play with Savvy all the time.
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

Just caught that vid today, I hope there is a Dom playlist so the 30's can stomp!.
Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

This sounds like its gonna be pretty sweet
Back to top Go down
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 am

Interestingly I too like this idea, I do think that Xbox did a good job with the gears of war 3 multiplayer. You had the choice of "casual" player or regular. The benefit was you could play casual until you reached a certain level and then you got locked out. But if you are a noob and wanted to play regular you could.
I think that was cool cause it allowed us to get used to the game without going up against high prestige players until we got comfortable with it. Then go get our ass whooped thinking we know how to play.
I am sure u gussy know what I mean lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BOps 2 matchmaking Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOps 2 matchmaking   BOps 2 matchmaking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOps 2 matchmaking
Page 1 of 1