Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....

Go down 
+28
Psycho Reaper33
brninitdwn
birddotcom
FiremanLFD525
Jon
YellowGeeHawd
JAGERpatrol
MajorBedhead067
mwhop78
pariah_81
parabola79
Spartan Runnerr
Severed Digits
ImGoodIfYouSuck
The1UrLookin4
HcMaximus
BlackDeath
whistlingmick27
Kamea6
xXx MiGs xXx
ho_li_schitt
indyratpack
Danoma08
walldoggy
SwollenCamel
BLACKHAWXX 88
lateralus73
Sr Slampiece
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
walldoggy

So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

I second Sith on the whole fragile baby thing. You may see the nurses treat the babies roughly, but they are built to take punishment. Remember that cavemen had babies just fine too. And I always remember my cousin-in-law who's kid fell out of a shopping cart at 6 months and is perfectly fine. But they are super cute and when he/she wraps its finger around yours for the first time... heart just melts.

As for a book, ask around, or go look on craigslist or garage sales. The one everyone gets is "What to Expect When you are Expecting." So there are tons of copies out there.

For you, I would recommend this: The Expectant Father. I read it and it's pretty good as it's from a father's perspective on a lot of stuff. I'd give you mine, but all our books are packed away somewhere and I have no idea where it is.

Another good book to look at is Baby Bargains. You will get 100 different opinions on baby gear and stuff to get. This helps you find good deals on all that. I had friends that would go to Barnes & Noble and just read sections and take notes. Or you could get an older edition used. Much of the info is the same. But the best monetary advice I can give is to get as much hand-me down and/or used stuff as you can stomach. Not a car seat or mattress, but furniture, clothes, toys, etc. can be cleaned and washed and used like new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Congrats YGH, enjoy being a father, cause as soon as you know it, you'll be a grandfather. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

I hope so. My old man was giddy, this is a man that did 4 tours in Vietnam and retired a drill instructor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Yeah, you'll be teaching the child to walk and talk for the first 3 years and then trying to get them to sit down and shut up for next 15 or so years.

My son is 25 and daughter is 19 (wow, that makes me feel old) so I've gone thru it all but not a grandparent yet. That will be the next phase of life I'm looking forward to.

My wife and I are the most proud of 3 facts about our kids: no teen pregancy and neither do drugs and both have jobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:16 pm

BigDaddyEarl71 wrote:
My wife and I are the most proud of 3 facts about our kids: no teen pregancy and neither do drugs and both have jobs.

I commend the both of you on that, BDE. +1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Wall- I just ordered the book, thank you.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 am

Operation tell the in laws happens in 4 hours.
Back to top Go down
whistlingmick27

whistlingmick27

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:29 am

Play was much as you can right now. I have a 8 month old and while my wife was pregnant I played alot because she went to bed early. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:43 am

grats buddy good luck

id highly recommend reading any books related to post partum lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Update- My father in law did not kill me, he thought about it because that is his baby girl I just knocked up.

Mother in law was of course happy. My parents were over the moon.

We are going to have a contest on what the child should call there respective grandparents.

My parents is easy Korean for Grandmother and Grandfather.

Her's they are going to get suggestions from my wife and her sister and put them in a hat and draw them at Christmas. I am barred from all entries because they know all too well what this mind can come up with...... Twisted Evil

Thank you for all the information. I will update this with my random musing as they come to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Is this your unbearably long drawn our way of saying that you knocked up your wife...and that in nine short months we 30 clannies will be missing you from our life...Great.. Congradufuckinglations..

HAHAH just playing playa playa Congrats Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:53 pm

I tend to get long winded when i'm nervous, scared or freaked the fuck out. Thank you Jess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HcMaximus

HcMaximus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey Yellow congrats! I have no piece of advice for you because I have no kids yet. But I'm really happy for you, we have been trying for some time and I can't imagine the joy that you and your wife must be feeling right know. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:13 am

Welcome to the club...Congrats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Well to make a long painful story short, my wife lost the baby over the weekend. My heart is so full with the love of those that knew and for that my wife and I are forever thankful. For those that posted in this thread I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am going to keep this open so hopefully next year I can share with all of you again.

Thank you
William & Andrea Collins.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and your wife.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Hey Will I'm so sorry for the loss you and your wife are experiencing. I'm sure this was a one time thing and hope that it doesn't get the best of either of you. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but the silver lining of this tragedy is that it happened sooner than later. I know that the fact it happened at all is terrible, but it would have much worse had it happen 7 months from now.
You began this thread with a quote, so I'd like to leave one with you. It may not be as relevant as some others, but I think the heartfelt sympathy is what matters.
"I have a letter here, written a long time ago, to a Mrs. Bixby in Boston. So bear with me. "Dear Madam: I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abraham Lincoln."
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:10 pm

William (and Andrea),

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know first hand how difficult it is to deal with a miscarriage as my wife and I miscarried at 3 months when we first started trying to have children too.

As was explained to me at the time, miscarriages happen a lot. Many women will miscarry and not even know they were pregnant. Other times, the body knows that the embryo will not make it to full term and miscarries on it's own.

Even knowing all these things, it's still painful. I hadn't cried that much in a long time as I did that day at the doctor's office, even though we were in the waiting area in front of several other patients. So take time to grieve. Hold each other tight, comfort each other. In time, the hurt and pain will get less and less, maybe even pass.

And I look forward to a future post when you tell us some good news.

If you want to chat or hear about what happened with us, feel free to PM me. We're all here for you bro. God bless you guys.

Ken
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Head up Will. God has a plan for us all no matter how unfair it seams at times. Thoughts and prayers to you guys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Wasn't time yet, brother. Keep your head up and keep winding that watch, it'll work out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Hey man, my heart goes out to you and your wife. My wife and I experienced this loss 2 years ago this month. It is was heart wrenching. But that also shows and brings out how much you really wanted it to happen.

Like Walldoggy said, I took comfort in knowing that many times this happens because the body knows something wasn't quite right with the development this time. My wife took it especially hard but It helped to know there wasn't anything she could have done differently to prevent it.

A couple months later things happened differently and I am happy to say that we now have a beautiful, healthy and mischievous baby girl.
Hold on tight to each other and it will happen!

- Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 pm

My husband (Hop) told me an Xbox 30 wife miscarried over the weekend. He told me the name and of course I didn't recognize it bc I only know you guys by y'all's tags. So I asked him what is his gamer tag and he didn't know. I told him about your thread and how we all were given you advise. I prayed it wasn't you and your wife. Not that I want it to be anybody's. I kept checking the forums and I saw in my email that someone had posted to this thread. My heart sank. I am so sorry. I can't say I know how it feels. We struggled with getting pregnant but I was lucky with my health issue that I didn't have a miscarriage. I wish you and your wife the best of luck and that next time y'all get pregnant y'all have a beautiful heathy baby boy or girl.
Back to top Go down
parabola79

parabola79

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 pm

I am so sorry for your wifes and yours lost.. it definitely is hard and.it will get easier.. i tell you that from.experience as i too was pregnant back in may and lost it.. just keep your heads up and when the time.is right you can try again and have your healthy little boy and girl!!

Deepest sympathy
Cindy x
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

hey man I feel for you very much. I was excited for you when I heard about it, then to have this, it sucks. if you need someone to talk to man, just start a party on xbox and we can talk.

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm

I may not be a 30 anymore but we are all still family and I would like to offer my sincerest condolences. As a father there is nothing I can imagine more terrifying or painful than the loss of a child. I would not wish it on anyone regardless of whether it is an unborn baby or a full grown rug rat. No-one but a parent or parent to be understands the bond that you feel with your unborn child. He/she was part of you and always will be. I just pray that it makes your relationship stronger and that you will have a healthy baby boy or girl when u two are ready to try again. God bless you and your family in this time of struggle.
Back to top Go down
MajorBedhead067

MajorBedhead067

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Aw crap i just read the post. Will, sorry for your loss big guy. Slam's right God has a plan no matter how sucky it may be currently. I'll be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next