Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Map callouts

Go down 
+2
NukeLaCoog
TheCanisDirus
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:18 am

Bumping this back up for its importance.

Trying to memorize these... it's tough but i'm gettin better. It would be nice if everyone referenced just one single map callout scheme. I know loads of people call different areas of a map different things... but if we can all follow one reference, we'll all benefit.

No more A:"Sniper down that hallway..." B:"where the f*&k is hallway..." A:"right next to..." B:" roger that, sniper... shot me in the back top of B-DOM ALLEY!" lol

So starlitkiller is right... homework boys and girls, get at it!
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 am

I just noticed that Nuke posted a thread with TheDeoge's callouts in it. https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t7238-blops2-map-spawns-and-callouts These share some similarities with the unofficial cods overviews... but also a lot of differences. I for one think multiple sources with different names for the same place could be bad news. Is there any specific references that people are following? I've been using the above.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Yeah, I threw together a few maps with various reference points because it was early and nothing was out on the internet. Now that more callout references are popping up I have stopped. From my experience in the clan there will be some random names for different spots but eventually it will all settle in to something pretty specific. It will take playing time and more map knowledge and more experience playing with each other (no homo) before it all settles. The most important thing right now is to just call it something. i would rather hear a spot called 3 different things than nothing at all.

If anyone is finding it difficult to remember all the different spots here is my suggestion. Run through the maps in a private lobby. Play against bots or just run around by yourself with the call out map handy so you can gain a visual reference. I find that it helped me tremendously in MW3 and really helped me when I put those initial maps together.

If anyone on PS3 is interested I would be more than willing to run around in a private lobby checking out call out spots lines of sight or whatever. Just send me a note when I am on and I will jump in
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:15 pm

I agree gun...we shold prob pick 1 set & stick with it. I suggest we go with Nuke's since he put time/effort into it and has already socialized it with the group.

It's very frustrating to not know what your teammate is calling out, it's equally frustrating when you don't know your own callout.

"there's two pushing b from....uhhh...that room with the robot arm things that spin..." lol
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:18 pm

**double post - sorry**

Nuke - I agree...I'm happy to party with a few guys on the xbox side (particularly those guys that have a bit of competitive streak in them & want to run with guys that will call things out) & roll through the maps working on call-outs.

Shit - i'm just happy that we're talking about call-outs...as this means there will be communication...which makes winning so much easier!
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Nuke... do you have a complete callout list for all maps, or just the ones in your previous post? I'll use whatever reference everyone else is. And I totally agree about "dry-running" maps. It's very useful.

Death... i'd be down to run around some empty maps with you and whoever else wants to. Pick out some lines of sight and strategic coke-points and such. I'm big on call outs and enjoy playing with those who are too! I ran with MoneyMan, Z06, Gh0st, nick, redarrow, Chaotic and others yesterday... there was some solid communication and we racked up a ton of points for the clan challenge as a result.

Shoot me a friend request and i'll run with ya. Anyone else who wants to join, shoot me a request.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Will do gun.

I've had both experiences thus far. Ran with 1 group that had lots of communication & ran with another group that didn't really talk much at all.

The party that was calling out & communicating didn't lose a match. The party that didn't do much talking at all didn't win a match.

I'm not 100% competitive all the time, i like to screw around & cut up as much as the next guy...but i DO have a competitive side & would like to find a few guys that want to take it a bit more seriously from time to time.

Ideally, I'd like to get a league team together - do map dry-runs for call outs & lines of sight...and a bit of actual practice together & then see how we can do in the league play.

I'm no slayer by any stretch of the imagination...but I feel like we might be able to put together a decent team. This has gotten way off topic, so I'll prob start a thread asking if anyone is interested in the above scenario.

f/r coming your way tonight.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm with ya 100%! I screw around (run only combat knife... or shield and bow) too from time to time... to de-stress after or before some competitive matches. I also want to get a match team together for league play... def start a new thread about it and ill send out some PMs.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 pm

My game time on Black Ops 2 has been very limited so far. There were a few times yesterday I found myself so lost on a map I was wondering if I needed to send up a signal flare calling for help.

My plan is to print out a copy of both Nuke's callout maps & the unofficial callout maps and look them over in my spare time. Each set have some unique details the other doesn't. Between the two sets they look to mesh together pretty well so I don't find myself getting lost.

Instead of just jumping online with multiplayer games next time, I'll spend some time running through in a private lobby just to familiarize myself with the map layouts. I did that with MW3 but was so excited to get started playing in BO2, I haven't taken the time to do that. Time to slow down a minute and learn these new maps.

Thanks for the map info!
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm

I didn't do all of the maps, just the ones I posted. By the time I got around to the other maps there were already new ones being posted by others. There are a lot of similarities in all the different ones out there. It will just take a little time to get it all down to memory. The more we use it in game the more familiar people are with them even if we are calling the same things different names. In a couple of months most will have a decent idea what "that thingy behind B" means Smile
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

indyratpack wrote:
My plan is to print out a copy of both Nuke's callout maps & the unofficial callout maps and look them over in my spare time. Each set have some unique details the other doesn't. Between the two sets they look to mesh together pretty well so I don't find myself getting lost.
I agree... going to do the same myself. Take them both and when one is missing something or has a confusing name... i'll replace. I wish i still had photoshop... it would be super easy to do. Maybe i'll work on it this weekend and make an official x30x combined callout sheet for all maps in the stock apple pic editor lol. If anyone has photoshop and wants to make a pdf of all the maps... i'd be forever in your debt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 pm

NukeLaCoog wrote:
In a couple of months most will have a decent idea what "that thingy behind B" means Smile
Very true! And learning the callouts and patterns of individual palyers/teammates really helps. What someone calls "seating" on Hijacked I call (and hear some other 30s call) "cabana".... but i know what they mean when i hear it.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Hey Indy - and anyone else interested -

Let me know when you're gonna be on & we can private match a few of the maps and walk through them. I don't have as much time in as some in the clan, but I've logged some hours already & feel pretty comfortable with the maps themselves.

I just need to work on memorizing the call-outs.

Like I said, I'm just glad we're having this conversation! lol
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Don't worry about how much time you have here. All contributions are welcome. I am very happy we are talking about this. Communication is what sets us apart from just being 6 randoms running in a party. It will be fun to get back to those 20+ game win streaks. We don't jack roll people because we are a group of super beasts, we do it because we work together, communicate and play whatever role necessary to get the W. I am excited to see the new blood coming in fired up and wanting to jump right in the middle with us. Keep rocking guys
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:42 pm

NukeLaCoog wrote:
Don't worry about how much time you have here. All contributions are welcome. I am very happy we are talking about this. Communication is what sets us apart from just being 6 randoms running in a party. It will be fun to get back to those 20+ game win streaks. We don't jack roll people because we are a group of super beasts, we do it because we work together, communicate and play whatever role necessary to get the W. I am excited to see the new blood coming in fired up and wanting to jump right in the middle with us. Keep rocking guys

TOTALLY agree Nuke - 100%

btw +1 to you for the effort you put into the maps you had time to do!
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
NukeLaCoog wrote:
In a couple of months most will have a decent idea what "that thingy behind B" means Smile
Very true! And learning the callouts and patterns of individual palyers/teammates really helps. What someone calls "seating" on Hijacked I call (and hear some other 30s call) "cabana".... but i know what they mean when i hear it.

I try to always call out....and learning what other people call out is key. I think we only lost 1 game in the 3 hours of Kill Confirmed yesterday....running with Gun, Rott, Chaotic and a couple others. We had some pretty good communication going. I'm always done for some winning streaks....and I'll try to hold my own in the game Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:26 pm

[quote="MoneyMan300"][quote="gun fer hire"]
NukeLaCoog wrote:
I think we only lost 1 game in the 3 hours of Kill Confirmed yesterday....running with Gun, Rott, Chaotic and a couple others. We had some pretty good communication going. I'm always done for some winning streaks....and I'll try to hold my own in the game Very Happy .
Know what, i think you're right about the single loss. Keepin verbal helped us a number of times picking up each other's tags and avoiding dangerous spots. Call outs also helped us big with the lightning strikes and other kill streaks.. laying those down and making sure people were ready to grab the other team's tags... key! Haha the one match on slums, Gh0st or Rot (cant remember) said he was calling in a ARG... so i fond it and followed right behind it just picking up the tags not even firing a shot lol... think i got 6 in a row from that cheers
Back to top Go down

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 pm

. I m terrible at calls outs this will help a lot . Ill print these out tomorrow so I can also run through in private. Thanks guys. I appreciate it
Back to top Go down
BUBBAxHOxTEP

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 am

Deoge is a longtime 30 and most of us have been using a variation of his callouts for a long time. Callouts tend to morph over time as well. Anyways IMO Deoge's callouts are superior in their simplicity. I prefer to use a dozen or so callouts rather than 40. I know doing these things are a lot of work so thanks to everyone who takes the time to do them
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:32 am

I prefer the simpler call-outs as well. Honestly, I feel like you only need 4-6 call-out spots on each map...as that's where 95% of the action is anyway.

Played some GW with a party of 8 30s last night - had good communication (which is a bit tougher with so many ppl) - but we went on a nice little run. Most everyone was calling out, and had some slight variations, but for the most part we could figure out where the enemy was.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am

DeathByAK wrote:
Played some GW with a party of 8 30s last night - had good communication (which is a bit tougher with so many ppl) -
Yeah easily discernible communication with an 8 player team is almost impossible haha. I wonder if there's a way to separate mic communication into squads like in BF3.
Back to top Go down
BUBBAxHOxTEP

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Just simple callouts. Make it easy, if you have to say guy in the big building over by the church near c flag. Thats too much, that big building will have a name
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:56 pm

DeathByAK wrote:
I prefer the simpler call-outs as well. Honestly, I feel like you only need 4-6 call-out spots on each map...as that's where 95% of the action is anyway.

Played some GW with a party of 8 30s last night - had good communication (which is a bit tougher with so many ppl) - but we went on a nice little run. Most everyone was calling out, and had some slight variations, but for the most part we could figure out where the enemy was.

That is good to hear and you can see the progression. You can have 30 spots named on a map, but over time only a handful will be used on a regular basis in each game mode. Now that the community is figuring out the game just check the heat maps and you can see the most important ones to remember.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:09 am

BUBBAxHOxTEP wrote:
Just simple callouts. Make it easy, if you have to say guy in the big building over by the church near c flag. Thats too much, that big building will have a name
quoted for truth. This is why there are callouts for almost every notable "spot" or "feature" on a map. When you're getting shot at in red screen you might only have a second to call out to your nearby teammates. Take the map Plaza for instance. If there a guy with a shotgun camping... This: "1 shotgun, Dales, towards B" is easier and more effective than saying "guy near the A-flag in the building with the roof thing".

You have (IMO) the 4 most important pieces of enemy callout info: # guys, weapon type(s), location, heading... all in as little as 3-4 words.

Now it take a while to get everything locked with your group you roll with... but any callout is better than not communicating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Map callouts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map callouts    Map callouts  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map callouts
Page 1 of 1