Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Empty
PostSubject: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey Guys, Im new around here but everyone has been really cool. Just wanted to let you know that I fix PS3's and XBOX's on the side. Some mods also. I have recently put a fan controller on my PS3's to flow a TON more air and bring CPU and GPU temps way down. A $3 part from radio shack and about a half hour job. I will post some pics soon. Helps prevent ylod.
If anyone needs help or advice on repairs, feel free to hit me up. And if your close to me in Michigan, fellow clan members will get hooked up! Just an FYI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks for the info. Post a how to with pics please. I will make sure it gets stickied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Great, I have a question. Whenever I turn my ps3 on it beeps 3 times quickly, then shuts off. I then hit the power manually and it turns on fine. Am I doomed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm

I got a good on for you too. I can eject games but the PS3 won't pull a game in unless I do a hard reset with it halfway in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:32 pm

I bought a little desk fan from wally world for about $5 and placed it behind the ps3, I used to have problems after an hour or so the machine would cut off. Now no problem, 6 hours and its still going. Just make sure you plug it into a different plug and don't use one of the usb plugs as that creats more heat. Its great and I think a helps the machine run better, not sure if it does but it seem like I have better games with the fan on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Death-threat and Fishboy...... The ylod is not far away. Keep those puppies cool the best you can! The main reason over heating begins to happen is because the cheap thermal compound between the heatsinks and gpu/cpu that Sony uses, dries out and stops transfering heat properly. If you are brave enough, you need to replace it with Arctic 5 compound to stop the overheating before a solder cracks under the chips. I can give more detailed tips if you decide to dive into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Fireman.... Sounds like the blu-ray drive disc sensor is bad. Its proubably an original model PS3 with the four usb ports. Correct? These sensors are usually around $10-$15 on ebay. Not too difficult to do either. Let me know if you need more details.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:10 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
Just make sure you plug it into a different plug and don't use one of the usb plugs as that creats more heat. Its great and I think a helps the machine run better, not sure if it does but it seem like I have better games with the fan on.

So I use a laptop cooling pad under mine as a preventitive measure. It is powered by USB. I think I hear you saying that I may be heating the PS3 up MORE by using this particular device? It is probably overkill since my PS3 sits out in the open and gets good airflow...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:15 pm

I keep my old original PS3 upright. Will this help with cooling or am I fooling myself? I have a usb cooling fan system that plugs into the front USB, but I rarely use it becuase I need one to charge my controller and the other USB for my surround sound box for my headset. Is it worthwhile to crack that PS3 open and clean off the heatsinks/ replace the thermal compound. I would be interested in learning how to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:39 pm

I've heard its better to lay down your PS3 N8, although it gets quite hot on the bottom. Right now I've got mine up due to space restrictions and the fan is not running high speed as much. So I'm don't really know.

There are some tutorials on yt that I used to clean and re-sink my PS3. Highly recommend doing it. The tutorial was run by a 12 year old so I'm sure you can handle it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Actually its a newer model PS3 with only 2 USB ports.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm surprised I have had no problem with my old fat PS3. I got one of the last ones with backward-compatibility, the only disc I've had a problem running was SSX Tricky, and that was due to a scratch.

I opened up my PS2 quite a few times. The PS3 has been golden, only thing I did was switch out the original 80GB drive, when it became corrupted, with a 250GB drive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:47 pm

On the running hot subject...Blops seems to make my PS3 run much hotter than any other game. The fans are on alot more often.
After a long gaming sesh, I will quit the game and leave it on the dashboard to 'cool' it down a bit before just turning it off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Fireman..... The newer PS3's have a switch inside instead of a sensor. I have never seen one go bad yet but it is possible.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:35 am

Ok as I was looking around I came across this thread in google. What piece do I need and where should i put it? I did not think I was having any issues with heat since when I reflowed it the first time I used arctic silver thermal compound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD   PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 FAN CONTROLLER MOD
Page 1 of 1