Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

I'm still here! But my controller isn't

Go down 
+3
Jon
xXx MiGs xXx
o RED ARROW o
7 posters
AuthorMessage
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

I'm still here! But my controller isn't Empty
PostSubject: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:43 am

Howdy 30's,

I just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm still here but my custom built Evil controller isn't, it's been out for repair since Aug. 9 and I don't know when I'm getting it back.  In the mean time I'm using a back up controller, standard XBOX controller, but I'm only playing MW3.  

Why MW3 only? I'm glad you asked.  It is a little complicated and difficult to explain but I'll try.  Because of a physical handicap in my right hand due to polio I'm not able to press the right stick with my right thumb and I don't have the dexterity to aim/look with my right thumb with any degree of accuracy whatsoever.  So, with a standard XBOX controller I use the Southpaw/Lefty settings.  But the button mapping for these settings are different for Black Ops and MW3.  With MW3 the Right stick click is "Melee" but for BO it is "Sprint".   I can play MW3 without being able to Melee but I can't play BO if I can't sprint, unless I want to become a camper of course, so I play MW3.

If you've ever played "Flipper" on a FNG Friday with me in the lobby you noticed that I never did the "Dolphin Dive" but only went prone and laid there shooting people until I died.  That is because I was using a standard XBOX controller on Southpaw/Lefty setting.  With that setting the Right Stick is the "Move" stick so it is impossible to be moving and hit the "B" button at the same time to do the dolphin dive.

Now back to the custom Evil Controller.  In case you were wondering, no, it does not have any of those cheater mods like rapid fire, drop shot, quick knife, auto spot or auto burst.  It simply has extra A/B buttons on the back like a Scuff, an extra button on top located just south of the left stick that functions as the right stick click, and the Dpad functions have been remapped to the A/B/X/Y buttons and the A/B/X/Y buttons have been remapped to the Dpad.  With this arrangement I can use the "default" setting on BO or MW and everything works great.

So, if you see me playing MW3, I would be glad for you guys to join me anytime.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:20 pm

In repair for a month and no eta? I'd be raising all kinds of fucking hell - I think I told a place once I'd burn there fucking building down if they didn't get my shit done "it was a dry cleaner" - that lit a fire under there ass "no pun intended". Although I don't suggest telling anyone that unless you can pull it off like me =Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Jon

Jon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Red, Sux about the controller being out SO GD long! I will join up with you when i see you playing WM3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jonasu25
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Have you tried a keyboard/mouse adapter? I think it's easier to aim with a mouse than a controller anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:29 pm

I just talked to the Evil technician, my controller is being tested today and should ship today.

@ Andy: Haven't heard of a keyboard/mouse adapter, can you describe it or direct me to where I can find one.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:43 pm

I haven't looked into them, but here's the first thing that came up on google:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/05/xim3-xbox-360-keyboard-mouse-etc-adapter-goes-on-sale-imme/

I think ArcaniX and Zero use one. It's worth PM them to inquire about effectiveness.

Although the initial reviews sound good and accuracy should improve, I always wonder about lag on these things. It's an in-line device that processes control signals, but guessing it works well.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
cY staple Yc

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:25 am

I have only played a few hours of mw3 and not familiar with the maps at all, but I would be more than willing to come over and play with another 30 and learn the map. I bet slam (#FUSLAM) would join in as well...
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm

arcanix, newfie, and myself use Xim's

I have the first gen Xim3 with the screen, the canook's have a Xim Edge I couldn't be happier with mine.  www.xim3.com for info

it still requires a wired controller for "passthru" 1) cause the controller authenticates with encryption that hasn't been broken and available publicly 2) it also makes detection impossible although MS has been quoted as accepting its use - there is proof of this on the xim forums.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
invisible843

invisible843

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Red how was the controller? I googled it and noticed they are on sale
Back to top Go down
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:19 pm

I looked @ the XIM website. This type of controller/adapter looks like it could work for me and is cheaper than having Evil Controllers build me a custom controller. If I understand correctly a person can play using just one hand with the mouse/adapter, is that correct? For me, because of my handicap, I would need a left handed or ambidextrous mouse, not very many of those out there that are known to be compatible with the XIM according to the XIM website.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 am

Red, it'll require some input on the keyboard for basic movement (forward, back, strafe left/right) using whatever keys you program.  The majority of people use W A D S since they have been the default for FPS for over a decade now on PC.  I suppose if you had a mouse with enough buttons you could set them up for forward, back, etc.

You'll also want to consider a quality mouse - something with more than just two buttons.  I use the Logitech G500 - they should make a version with slightly less bells and whistles but still retain all the button functionality like the G300 or G400.  If you end up going this route let me know I'll be glad to help you get it all setup and configured.  The neat thing about the XIM is if you like my button configuration I can just send you the file and you load it into yours.

A lefty mouse with all those buttons may be a rare find Sad

Here is how I have mine setup:

The mouse does all my aiming, right click is ADS, left click is shoot, roll the scroll wheel to swap weapons (another common setup on PC FPS games), then I have two buttons above my thumb that I use for melee and reloading, then two more buttons near my index finger that handle LB and RB functionality.  Then the mouse wheel itself can be bumped left and right as a button press.  I use that as L and R on the DPAD.

Here are some good videos from the XIM site regarding setup / configuration http://xim3.com/about/instructional-videos

Let me know if you need any more help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm still here! But my controller isn't   I'm still here! But my controller isn't Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm still here! But my controller isn't
Page 1 of 1