Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?

Go down 
+14
Sr Slampiece
Doamne01
BlackDeath
birddotcom
JAGERpatrol
Dog_soildier
YellowGeeHawd
GGz ST34LTHY
Brennan_Huff122
Grover 142
WREG
JRED_31
pogotheklown
Dirty Koi
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Empty
PostSubject: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:48 pm

i'm not trying to start a poll for which developer is better(i honestly don't care). I'm just wondering if the people who started with CoD4 or MW2 or 3 prefer infinity games over treyarch and vice versa. After reading some people comments it seems that they like the developer that they started with since they are very different. I guess i'm a infinity person since i started with CoD4, i just like the sounds and maps better among other stuff.

what are your peoples thoughts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
pogotheklown

pogotheklown

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 31

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:11 pm

I started with MW2, I had a love hate relationship with that game. I did go back and play Cod4. Love the maps in that game, it has the best maps of all the Cod's. Hated MW3 plain and simple.

So I would consider myself a Treyarch person, as I prefer to play both the Black Ops games over the Infinity Ward ones. Even though I do try to go back and play Cod4 and MW2 from time to time but they are just no fun anymore because of all the Hacked lobbies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pogotheklown
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:19 pm

CoD4 was amazing!!!!! I think it's why i prefer the Ward. I hated Blacks ops, i played it only because my friends did, but went right back to MW2, best SnD maps ever, imo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
JRED_31

JRED_31

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:22 pm

MW1 was my first. World At War was my favorite. Ya weapons were obviously out dated but awesome to use. Maps were the best and map packs were worth the money. Mw2 had so much hype everyone was excited to play with new aged weapons. They also brought Titles, Emplems and choice killstreaks. But in the end it was just ok to me (over 20 days played). Black Ops tryed to differ themselves with their Barracks content. They never stay consistent which is ok but they seem like they can't find their niche. Changing from killstreaks to score streaks was cool (getting the B is more meaningful). Mw3 seemed like their was nothing new like it was Mw2.5
I'd have to say I'm more of a 3ark guy but love them both.
3ark is my wife Infinity is my mistress. Both take up most of my time.

3ark came out with mute all sooooooo ya best ever.
Back to top Go down
WREG

WREG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:27 pm

I started with Cod4. I love me the barrett sniper rifle. I had to wait awhile to unlock it. First time out, I think it was on crash and i went 15-3. I feel in love with it. I love the badoooommm. MW2 you could start out with it. Awesome....Then my world fell apart in MW3 b/c it slowed you down so much. I left it behind and started using smg's mostly. I like 3arch too...I think they make a better game. I just like the feel of MW/ward games better.
Back to top Go down
Grover 142

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:08 pm

I started with COD4, but I didn't play much multiplayer until MW2. I played some Black Ops and liked it.

My favorite is Black Ops 2 of the COD. MW2 had good maps but the player count is so low that it's tough to get a game of anything other than team deathmatch going.

I'll probably get 40-50 hours of BO2 in..which is nothing compared to the 175 or so I've got of BF3.
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:54 am

The first CoD i played was MW2 and I never really played MW3. Blops was the first real CoD game i put any real time into. So guess i am a 3arch fan.
Back to top Go down
GGz ST34LTHY

GGz ST34LTHY

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:07 am

I started with MW2, have nearly 70 days gametime.
Every COD game has good and bad points, but i seem to put more time into the IW
games, so i suppose im a IW fanboy.
Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 am

Time to bring on the hate.

I strarted with MW2. That was a was the definition of love/hate/commiting random acts of violence to random strangers because you went 2-53 on Rust. But I fell in love with it.

Black ops 1. Not so much. To put it bluntly I fucking despised that game. Still do.

MW3 (bring on the HATE) fell out of love with till I joined the Clan found drop zone and was actually getting better because I surrounded myself with better players.

Black ops 2. Despise the obvious issues I enjoy the game. I have a goal to reach prestige master and I proably will never play the game after that. Besides GTA 5 is coming out and Rockstar games will always be my true first love.
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Asztalos_ wrote:
MW1 was my first. World At War was my favorite. Ya weapons were obviously out dated but awesome to use. Maps were the best and map packs were worth the money. Mw2 had so much hype everyone was excited to play with new aged weapons. They also brought Titles, Emplems and choice killstreaks. But in the end it was just ok to me (over 20 days played). Black Ops tryed to differ themselves with their Barracks content. They never stay consistent which is ok but they seem like they can't find their niche. Changing from killstreaks to score streaks was cool (getting the B is more meaningful). Mw3 seemed like their was nothing new like it was Mw2.5
I'd have to say I'm more of a 3ark guy but love them both.
3ark is my wife Infinity is my mistress. Both take up most of my time.

Ppretty well the same but started in cod with cod 1 on pc
first online multi player mw1 pc and ps3 good game liked it but hackers got there to fast I was late getting in to the game
waw loved it from the get go !
mw2 only cod I tock back in less then 3 months just a rehash 1
BLOPS liked the game a lot had very littel issues!
mw3 love hate left to go to bf3 but came back
blops 2 if they would fix the lag issues it has the stuff to be the best ever but is not !

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I started with mw2 but have since gotten waw and cod 4. I have to say i like them all. They all have there ups and downs. Cod 4 really does have great maps. I prestige a lot slower on the 3arch games do to the zombies distraction.
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:56 pm

I am an Infinity Ward fan. My reasoning is as follows:

The first game I owned that I truly enjoyed playing was Frog Bog.
Frog Bog was created by Mattel.
Mattel starts with the letter "M".
The letter "M" is closer to the letter "I" in the alphabet than it is to the letter "T".
Infinity Ward starts with the letter "I".
Treyarch starts with the letter "T".
Due to this mere coincidence, I like Infinity Ward better.

Also:

The game system that I had owned Frog Bog for was called "Intellivision".
Intellivision starts with the letter "I"
Infinity Ward starts with the letter "I"
Again, mere coincidence.
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:14 pm

I guess I started with MW2, but really didn't do the MP. BLOPS was amazing IMO, played solo, couldn't get enough of it. MW3 was a ton of fun, enjoyed the game more for because of the clan. I really like BLOPS2, the clan almost makes it worst because of all the hate I hear about. I would say I prefer 3ARK over IW for game play and maps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 pm

my first console fps was black ops 1, then of course mw3 and now bo2

i think infinity ward has done a much better job making a less hackable and more balance or annoying game

i really like some of the changes to bo2 but the fundamentals are broken like um i dunno hit detection and network code in general then there's "skill" based matchmaking and lag comp lol!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:33 am

I played MW but I didn't play the multiplayer. Aside from a lot of Halo with friends, I didn't get into the multiplayer stuff until BlOps and that was mostly solo or with a couple of people I know in the real world. I played MW3 with a couple of friends on occasion but I couldn't stand playing objective based modes with so many randoms and getting killed before I even saw the other guy was really getting to me.

At that point I found the clan and the game was a lot more entertaining and even getting insta-killed was bearable for quite a while. I've really enjoyed BlOps2 most of the time and I preferred BlOps to MW3 and so I would have to say that I prefer Treyarch's iterations over Infinity Ward's.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 am

I popped my cherry on MW2. I was too green to know if I liked it or not. Black Ops I LOVED. MW3 I didn't really enjoy until 6 months after it was released. BO2 is just ok. In all I think IW does better. Tryarch did an awesome job supporting the first BO but dropped the ball on this one.

MW3 had its problems but look at all the game modes they had in it. And they held their end with the DLC.

IW for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
BLACKHAWXX 88

BLACKHAWXX 88

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:19 am

I started off with a Commodore 64
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KEVANDTHEBOYZZ?feature=watch
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 am

BLACKHAWXX 88 wrote:
I started off with a Commodore 64

With the punch cards?

Before or after you got done at the sock hop? Suspect

Actually that was my first computer.
Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 am

I've played them all and if i had to choose one developer i'd go with infinity ward. Compare MW2 to BO1. the graphics and environments are ridiculously smoother in MW2. i switched back and forth a lot after Bo1 came out and the difference was striking every time. I was suprised at the lack of quality in the rendering in BO1. There are definitely some game play aspects that treyarch gets right (pick 10, and SCOREstreaks) that i would like infinity ward to clue into tho.
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 am

Wow that's a tough one. I started on MW2, and I honestly loved it, but that was before clan days and I played FFA almost exclusively. I was in a clan during BO1, and at first I hated that game with all the hit detection issues but eventually came to love it (HC CTF for the win!). MW3 didn't feel much different than MW2 except for the scorestreak addition which I thought was great, plus they had so many game modes. BO2, if it wasn't for the lag issues, would easily be the best game of the bunch IMO, I think they nailed the way the scorestreaks are implemented. Guess I have to go Treyarch, I also like the way the graphics and maps are done as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Asztalos_ wrote:

Yep.

Still I consider MW2 my fav. the maps textures and game play just felt more solid. BO2 feels a little cartoon-ish at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 pm

I played battlefield 1942 first, but the first Bad company really got me into the online play. I took a big break from them for a while and picked up MW3 last year to get my kill on. I have gone back and played MW2 and wish I was playing it when it came out. I am just starting on BO2, but I agree that it looks cartoonish sometimes. The new 15 minute game-play clip of Battlefield 4, and the graphics are looking pretty incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?   What did you start off with?  and do you prefer them now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you start off with? and do you prefer them now?
Page 1 of 1