Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change

Go down 
+7
recovery7778
BlackDeath
Dirty Koi
NukeLaCoog
walldoggy
SwollenCamel
TheCanisDirus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Empty
PostSubject: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Looks like a new petition is gaining momentum...
People are petitioning for M$ to go back to the original Xbox One design of digital no-disc, family sharing etc. saying...

The petition can be found here on Change.org

"This was to be the future of entertainment. A new wave of gaming where you could buy games digitally, then trade, share or sell those digital licenses. Essentially, it was Steam for Xbox. But consumers were uninformed, and railed against it, and it was taken away because Sony took advantage of consumers' uncertainty."-Via Kotaku

What do you guys think?  I seriously doubt M$ will change anything again... a totaly flip flop would look horrible.

Last edited by gun fer hire on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:30 pm

AH HAHAHAHAHa boy my atari's looking better and better!
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:25 pm

^^^Yeah i thought the headline on Kotaku was a joke or sarcasm at first! I feel bad for M$ now, they tried but just can't catch a break!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Is it possible to flip-flop a flip-flop? lol I think they should just reboot and say they have cancelled the Xbox 1 and will release an Xbox 2 with all the DRM and family sharing back and go straight download/disc-less. That will show Gamestop what to do with their physical media!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:10 pm

I think it's technically a flop-flip not because it was flip-flopped before? *head melts*

Idk but the story is gaining on larger and larger media outlets. If it keeps up this is going to require M$'s attention and comments. Are they going to simply say "we gave you what you wanted... make up your minds!" or will they give, what i think most were hoping for, a choice. Would be cool to have the option to go either all fully disc no install necessary or do the family sharing digital DLs and digital trading etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:23 pm

They really should be first to market with a digital only system.....with the family sharing. I'd switch my kid's pre-order today if that was an option.

Eh.....people like the past....I know I miss my analog TV signal. Stupid HD tv's and cable packages cost me a fortune. The last tv I bought can play netflix, hulu.....all kinds of crap....on its on. Who needs this crap?

Bring back the bag phone!!!!! Wait, I couldn't afford one of those. Bring back the car phone!!!!! How I long for 35 cents per minute phone plans.

Smile
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 pm

There is absolutely no reason those idiots at M$ can't have the "family share plan" for games that are downloaded digitally. Well there is 1 reason. Their standard business practices are to force the consumer to do what M$ tells them to, when they tell them to and how they tell them to do it. People want to blame the market once again when they should be holding the jackasses in charge responsible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Nuke,

I do wish they'd just go back to the original plan in whole. I was at Gamestop this past weekend. My kids picked up, get this.......Just Dance 3 (Wii version) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2(Xbox 360). I grabbed the PS3 version of GTAIV that included the DLC. I bought all of them used. I also was going to grab L4D2 but I didn't as it was 6 bucks cheaper at Walmart new than at Gamestop used. I picked it up the next day.

Anyway....

I had bought previously......

MW2 (this was the third purchase of this game)
L4D2 ---first replacement

I lost these games due to a break in last year. The orginal MW2 was just a crappy disk that wouldn't read write for some reason half the time so I was on MW2....copy 2.

If I had been on the original xbox plan then I wouldn't have had to buy MW2 or L4D2 multiple times.

Also, gamestop sucks ass. Their prices are shit. Most all the time I can get the same game new somewhere else for less (many times) or just few bucks more (less than 5). Sorry but Gamestop is about the worst POS store out there. They wanted $100 for my kid to preorder with them.....I laughed. Please.....

Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Couldn't you have bought both of these games online and never have to buy them again to begin with? Aren't you still going to be able to do the same thing in the future? Sure you can't transfer a hard disk copy to the HD, but buying a disk is not innovation. Then again, you can find physical copies of games significantly cheaper than the prices on XBL.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:19 pm

i bought BO2 for the 2nd time threw XBL, now when i want to rage and get really mad, i don't have to worry about the disc not working. it will always be there for me!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:27 pm

And in other flip-flop news....

Sony announced that you can play any game on your library on anyone else's PS4!

Wasn't this one of the things M$ was pushing with the One and then took away?! I'm digging this.

“You can visit your friend’s house [and] log into your account and play any game from your digital library, which is good,” Brown said. “But how useful is that if it takes half a day to download the game you want to play? With Play As You Download you get much quicker access to at least the first section of the game so you can start playing quicker. So this makes a digital library a practical option in the real world.” PS4 will allow you to play your games from multiple consoles. -Via IGN
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:32 pm

I am pretty sure that can already be done to an extent on PS+ and maybe XBL right? If I download a game, can't I always access it from another console with my account name? Not certain because I don't play on other folks consoles. I do like that games will be playable immediately and finish downloading in the background while playing. Hell, if it didn't then it would take a week to start playing BF4 lol
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:35 pm

^^^If you can, i wasn't aware!

And yeah that's the super cool thing! Go to your buddies house, "hey you gotta try some of my games" and boom... they play (theoretically) almost instantly. Again, no need to keep hold of the physical disc or even buy physical with PS4.

I almost feel like it's this game where Sony is now just trying to cut down M$ in every way possible. It's almost kind of a dick move haha but i'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:43 pm

I would think this is digital download games only though, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:09 pm

walldoggy wrote:
I would think this is digital download games only though, right?

I think its digital and then any game you install to your HDD. If it's just a disc based game you havent installed... i can't see how that would work.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:04 pm

MS has no fucking clue.  I mean they are absolutely out of touch with what "joe gamer" wants.  I honestly believe they're purposely holding back specific details about anything because they themselves aren't sure what direction to head in!

Major Nelson is a buffoon...Nuke showed me some interview with that clown today where he said "the majority of the world is connected" little does he know there is only roughly 32% Internet saturation for adults in the world and 40% of American's do not have Internet.  

You'd think this was MS's first time rolling out a console.  I'm finding all these YT videos hysterical comparing the xbox crowd's reaction to PS's when the price was announced.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
recovery7778

recovery7778

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 3:39 am

whats a xbox
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 am

^^^^^^^^^^
You're right Jay... i feel like they are all sitting around a big table now looking at each other going "Why does everyone hate us... we gave them what they wanted!?". #M$FAIL

Petition is at around 10,000 and rising and being featured in articles everywhere now.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:26 am

recovery7778 wrote:
whats a xbox

lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:46 am

Mostly trolls just doing what they do....
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am

Trolls... 10,000 rising signatures and growing media coverage? - Possible. (4C, NG, Red and the like prob have some influence here) or Simply people furious with M$'s vision for a "next gen console"... now that's highly likely.

Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 am

I just don't care anymore. When they Finally release something, I'll dig into what is actually released and make a decision. I'm so tired of all the smoke and mirrors that i'm honestly pretty bent on the whole idea of a new console all together. #FUM$ you flippy-floppy money grubbing ass clowns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 am

Spartan Runnerr wrote:
I just don't care anymore. When they Finally release something, I'll dig into what is actually released and make a decision. I'm so tired of all the smoke and mirrors that i'm honestly pretty bent on the whole idea of a new console all together. #FUM$ you flippy-floppy money grubbing ass clowns.

It's funny MS is being called money grabbers and etc but the truth is that what companies do. You can almost bet Sony had something similar but seen how the backlash on MS went and didn't go through with it. Honestly nothing that has happened with MS makes me feel any different about them.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 am

^^^And that's exactly how loads of other gamers (esp the casual COD/Madden only gamers) will feel. The One will play games just fine and the majority of One owners will be super content with what it provides.

However, to the majority of core-gamers... M$ flipped them the bird... then said they didn't mean it and were sorry. I can understand the Xbox loyals who are pissed and backing the petition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 am

gun fer hire wrote:
^^^And that's exactly how loads of other gamers (esp the casual COD/Madden only gamers) will feel.  The One will play games just fine and the majority of One owners will be super content with what it provides.

However, to the majority of core-gamers... M$ flipped them the bird... then said they didn't mean it and were sorry.  I can understand the Xbox loyals who are pissed and backing the petition.

I just think it's more of a "lets find something wrong" mentality that supporters of a different system have. Xbox fans do it to the Playstation fans and vice versa. I consider myself to be a core gamer and I don't think they flipped me the bird. They presented something the gamers didn't agree with and changed it to suite us. As for that petition, it's full trolls and people just signing that have no intention of getting the Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change   People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People Petition for Xbox One re-180 change
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next