Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...

Go down 
+6
Nely
MoneyMan300
walldoggy
NukeLaCoog
TheCanisDirus
Naven
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Naven

Naven

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Empty
PostSubject: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 am

... and people were freaking out for no reason.

"CharlieIntel gathered reviews from IGN and Polygon who both dismiss the differences between the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Call of Duty: Ghosts, both noting that there's either “little or no variation in texture or effects” or that there was “difficulty in telling them apart. "

“The Xbox One release’s framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.”

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Call-Duty-Ghosts-Reviews-See-Fair-Criticisms-Lots-Apologists-60492.html

-n-
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:03 am

Several places have noted the frame rate drops on the PS4. This is exactly why this game was scaled down to 720p on the XBO. Just because something can run 1080p....it doesn't me you should.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:13 pm

You guys understand these differences are software, not hardware related, right?

So the reason some reviewers have seen it dipping (and mind you this isn’t catastrophic-difficult to play like going 60-20fps… its very small 60-50 sort of dips, that are noticeable to people like us, and yes are annoying) is the software code… not the PS4.  

COD Ghosts is having similar, horrible frame rate and stuttering issues even on the most elite gaming PC’s with dual $1,000.00 Titan video cards!  It’s something in IW’s code that needs to be optimized and they’ve said they are working on patches for all versions.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Call-Duty-Ghosts-Frame-Stutter-Issues-Horrendous-PC-60366.html

Post patch(es) you'll see the PS4 play smooth at full 1080p with no issues. (If IW can fix their mess)  PS4 is MORE than capable of handling that type of game at 1080p 60fps.  See KZ:SF... MUCH more intensive of a shooter... more people on screen, bigger maps, more effects... and ultra smooth 60fps 1080p multiplayer.

The Xbox One is just physically limited by less powerful hardware.  High end performance wasn't one of the goals.

You'll have to justify your Xbox Ones some other way lol! 
<3 u ass hats <3
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Well, they can always pull an Xbox and cut the frame rate. Of course there is always a patch. I wouldn't be too concerned about it since BF4 runs at a higher resolution and has a more stable frame rate. What does concern me is the fact that Dead Rising 3, exclusive launch title, runs at 720p and can't hold a steady 30fps. Of course there is always a patch for that too.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Naven

Naven

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Haha, ah fanboys.

I was just saying people were freaking out for no reason when it looks to be running well.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm

from one fanboy to another I appreciate your insight
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Naven

Naven

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Anytime.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Ah, Episode V: The XB1 Fanboi Strikes Back! lol just kidding. (Don't leave the clan, that's a joke.)

I suppose we'll see what we'll see. I'm not surprised that there isn't much of a difference graphically as both output 1080p. To me, it wasn't never that big of an issue. The framerate is concerning however... I haven't seen too much in the way of framerate problems on the PS3, but who knows what the PS4 will look like. Hope there is a quick patch to fix it if there is a problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Haha nooooo.... fanboi applies an unwavering, apologetic tie to one brand. I buy and play all the consoles every generation.  I'd be the first to tear Sony a new hole if and when they really mess up.

People were freaking out for all the right reasons.  Xbox One can't handle 60fps 1080p on most current gen multiplatform games.  (All these are still current gen games) That's bad.  What's it going to be running much more complex, resource intensive games at in 2-4 years?  24p for a "cinematic" feel? lol

PS4 is handling it swimmingly.  The hiccups that are seen in Ghosts are due to the individual game and crap programming / rushed timeline for IW.

Another thing... native 1080p is VERY different visually from native 720p upscaled to 1080p... Ghost reviews like the IGN one elaborate.  It's almost impossible to judge on the web from compressed, down sampled "1080p" YouTube vids and the like.  If and when you see the same game running on PS4 then Xbox at full framerate and resolution... you cant help but notice. (or checkout sites like Gamersyde for real videos)

I think a big point some are making is... $100 more for a console that's much less powerful and plays all the popular multiplat games at lower visuals and or framerates... and people are defending it!!

Hell, we should all be concerned!  M$ fans should be yelling at M$ to give them a real next gen console!  Corporations only listen when they lose $ or are about to... M$ has shown they'll change when scared.  Wouldn't you enjoy playing the same games at 1080p 60fps as the PS4?  Fuck... why settle for less?  Is it a masochistic fetish inside all the Xbox fans?  Why pay more for less?  If the other features are reallllllly what's keeping you with M$ than cool... but don't get all huffy and jelly when the PS4 runs the next COD or Battlefield again at a better framerate and resolution.

(again, no hate at all... just stupid banter. Love u all. U bags o'dicks)
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Maybe you can tell, but in my old age, it gets harder and harder to tell the difference. lol
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:56 pm

So...if it is software (which I agree with), why didn't they (Sony or IW) scale down the PS4 version to 720p like the XBO? I would much rather have a game that runs smooth at 720 then having frame rate issues at 1080. Sounds more like a PR play by Sony to try to one up MS, which if true, is way worse than anything MS has done up to this point. Both of these console are perfectly capable of running games at 1080p, but it is going to take the devs a while to get there.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:02 pm

MoneyMan300 wrote:
So...if it is software (which I agree with), why didn't they (Sony or IW) scale down the PS4 version to 720p like the XBO?  I would much rather have a game that runs smooth at 720 then having frame rate issues at 1080.  Sounds more like a PR play by Sony to try to one up MS, which if true, is way worse than anything MS has done up to this point.  Both of these console are perfectly capable of running games at 1080p, but it is going to take the devs a while to get there.
what we've seen in the review comparison of the PS4 has been 720p!!!! WTF lol

Looks like IW has a day one patch that enables 1080p!  So... the SP footage that IGN and others used to review was 720p on the PS4.... and that, according to reviewers, looks marginally better than the Xbox's 720p.  I wonder what the true 1080p is going to look like on the PS4? lol

Man IW really fucked up with Ghosts... so many problems all around!

So Money, turns out this isn't Sony doing any shady M$ stuff... sorry to disappoint you buddy lol. -viaEuroGamer
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:12 pm

MoneyMan300 wrote:
So...if it is software (which I agree with), why didn't they (Sony or IW) scale down the PS4 version to 720p like the XBO?  I would much rather have a game that runs smooth at 720 then having frame rate issues at 1080.  Sounds more like a PR play by Sony to try to one up MS, which if true, is way worse than anything MS has done up to this point.  Both of these console are perfectly capable of running games at 1080p, but it is going to take the devs a while to get there.
FANBOI ALERT!  (...referring to me, btw)

Not to pick nits here, but, um... regarding this being a Sony PR ploy and being way worse that anything MS has done, I can say we can agree to disagree.  The game software is developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision, both separate companies from Sony, the manufacturer of the PS4.  I would think whatever resolution the game is putting out is determined by the developer, NOT Sony.  

Seeing as to how MS is moneyhatting them already for early DLC, it would seem odd for IW/Activision to push the better graphics on the PS4 as part of a PR ploy.  Unless IW/Activision is knowlingly doing this to make the PS4 version look WORSE than the the XB1.  Who's doing the bad stuff now then?  Conspiracy theory upon conspiracy theory!

For reals though, I don't think Sony made IW do Ghosts at 1080p.  I do agree entirely with your last point about all the devs taking a while to get to 1080p at 60fps on both consoles.

Last edited by walldoggy on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Naven

Naven

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 pm

I buy every console as well. However, and it is pure taste, the Xbox 360 service is far more enjoyable than PS3... so I am going to go with some brand loyalty for a while.

However, even though the PS3 was hardware superior to Xbox 360, we saw some games that did better on it. Why?

The problem with this debate is misinformation. A lot of it stems from tech specs. For instance the hardware of the GPU might be slightly better in the PS4, but the Xbox One has more memory bandwidth (that is often misquoted/misjudged). PS4's bandwidth is 176gb/sec is peak on paper for GDDR5. MS's peak is 272gb/sec. (68gb/sec DDR3 + 204gb/sec on ESRAM). ESRAM can do read/write cycles simultaneously so often this number is explained incorrectly.

How does this affect games? Well, lets take COD:G for instance. Recent discussions say that Infinity Ward was not familiar with the super-fast eSRAM, they also wanted access to the 10% of 8gb RAM reserved for system use. Also, that IW is reportedly working on a 1080p res patch (but this has not been officially confirmed). eSRAM is misunderstood but holds more potential than people understand at the moment.

Point? I think it will turn out to be more of a non-issue than the negative PR would like to show. But I think the REAL argument is that you like a system that you are comfortable with, that friends play on, etc... and small differences do not diminish that much. I love video games in general, have had every system since Colecovision and look forward to playing both. I just never enjoy the "MY SYSTEM/GAME/PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS! RRRAWAAR! BATTLEFIELD SUCKS, COD ROCKS!" convos.

(hehe, I love chatting with you guys about this shit though... we like PS or XBOX for many random reasons, but no need to bash the opposites)
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Naven wrote:
I buy every console as well. However, and it is pure taste, the Xbox 360 service is far more enjoyable than PS3... so I am going to go with some brand loyalty for a while.
TOTALLY agree with you there!  The PSN store is sooooo slooooow.  Online was complete shit when it began... but it's not too bad currently.  And THANK GOD PS4 is using a "new" online system.

Naven wrote:
However, even though the PS3 was hardware superior to Xbox 360, we saw some games that did better on it. Why?
The xbox 360 had a superior GPU while the PS3 had a superior CPU which was compounded by the difficulty to program for.  Cell was a bitch and the 360 had a great GPU.  The PS3 was only superior to the 360 in compute when it was specifically squeezed to death.  Unfortunately (as we're seeing with next gen) developers like easy.  

Naven wrote:
The problem with this debate is misinformation. A lot of it stems from tech specs. For instance the hardware of the GPU might be slightly better in the PS4, but the Xbox One has more memory bandwidth (that is often misquoted/misjudged). PS4's bandwidth is 176gb/sec is peak on paper for GDDR5. MS's peak is 272gb/sec. (68gb/sec DDR3 + 204gb/sec on ESRAM). ESRAM can do read/write cycles simultaneously so often this number is explained incorrectly.
Unfortunately that's not true. There is VERY LARGE difference between the PS4 and Xbox One GPUs.  32MB of ESRAM is only part of the problem.  Also, you cannot add the DDR3 and ESRAM to get effective bandwidth. (From everything i hear and understand it operates differently shuffling)

The Xbox One’s ESRAM according to developers is the biggest culprit. The 32MB of ESRAM is placed on the main SoC’s die, along with the CPU and GPU (along with other bits of technical wizardry) to make up for the slower DDR3 memory that the Xbox One uses. The Playstation 4 uses GDDR5 8GB, running at 1375MHZ (5500MHZ effective) on a 256 bit memory bus, giving a total memory bandwidth of 176GB/s. Meanwhile. the Xbox One’s memory system uses DDR3-1066 (2133MHZ effective) also on a 256 bit memory bus, providing 68GB/s. These figures are easily calculated by the width of the bus (256) * the effective data rate and then divided by 8. For instance, the Playstation 4′s GDDR5 memory is calculated as follows: 5500 (MHZ) * 256 (bus width) / 8 = 176,000MB/s. There’s 1024MB in 1GB, and thus you’re provided the answer.

Resolution #'s:
1920*1080 (1080P) = 2073600 Pixels
1600*900 (900P) = 1440000 Pixels  difference between 1080P 1.44x
1280*720 (720P) = 921600 Pixels – difference between 1080P 2.25x

One must also remember that the ESRAM is by no means the only limitation of the Xbox One compared to the Playstation 4, if we look at the raw

GPU specs:

Xbox One GPU:
1.18TFLOPS (available for games) from 12 CU. (X1 has 1.32TFLOPS but 10 percent GPU reserved for system - depending on devs now i believe)
768 Shaders
48 Texture Units
16 ROPS
2 ACE with 8 queues each = 16 queues total

Playstation 4 GPU:
1.84TFLOPS from a total of 18 Compute Units +56% thats quite a lot
1152 shaders 50%
72 Texture Units + 50%
32 ROPS + 100%
8 ACE with 8 queues each = 64 queues total +400%

Naven wrote:
How does this affect games? Well, lets take COD:G for instance. Recent discussions say that Infinity Ward was not familiar with the super-fast eSRAM, they also wanted access to the 10% of 8gb RAM reserved for system use. Also, that IW is reportedly working on a 1080p res patch (but this has not been officially confirmed). eSRAM is misunderstood but holds more potential than people understand at the moment.
IW begged M$ to allow access to that 10%.  They still wanted more.  The 1080p patch is for PS4.  PS4 is currently running @720p native in SP and 1080p native MP.  I havent seen anything even rumored (from a reliable source) about Xbox One.

Source and more information here.
HERE

Naven wrote:
Point? I think it will turn out to be more of a non-issue than the negative PR would like to show. But I think the REAL argument is that you like a system that you are comfortable with, that friends play on, etc... and small differences do not diminish that much. I love video games in general, have had every system since Colecovision and look forward to playing both. I just never enjoy the "MY SYSTEM/GAME/PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS! RRRAWAAR!  BATTLEFIELD SUCKS, COD ROCKS!" convos.
Eh, i think you're right to an extent.  Both will in a years time play games smoothly and in great visual fidelity.  Neither is a bad console... they just each have strengths and weaknesses. Xbox One looks to be an awesome all-in-one media device while the PS4 looks to be a great core-gaming machine that's starting to focus on digital content via 3rd party online retailers (HUGE HUGE HUGE point everyone should consider)

We also need to think about the future.  With a hardware advantage, and devs also figuring out how to get more out of the PS4 than they currently are (same for the One... GG estimates they could already get triple the polys they used in KS:SF!) differences MIGHT even go the other way and become even more apparent.  But... who knows.  In the end there is no right/wrong Smile

Naven wrote:
(hehe, I love chatting with you guys about this shit though... we like PS or XBOX for many random reasons, but no need to bash the opposites)
Same dude... it's all in good fun! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm

People still in denial. My lord.

MS goofed. Not enough ESRAM. DDR3 too slow.

This isn't Sony PR. These are facts. Go look it up. In fact just Google DDR3 vs GDDR5.

MS tried to chase the hc gamers and a living room box at the same time.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:21 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
MoneyMan300 wrote:

Looks like IW has a day one patch that enables 1080p!  So... the SP footage that IGN and others used to review was 720p on the PS4.... and that, according to reviewers, looks marginally better than the Xbox's 720p.  I wonder what the true 1080p is going to look like on the PS4? lol

So Money, turns out this isn't Sony doing any shady M$ stuff... sorry to disappoint you buddy lol.  -viaEuroGamer
MP was 1080p already...the patch was for SP. It doesn't change the fact there are noticeable frame rate drops on the PS4. I'm not disappointed either way as I am not a fanboi of either. It's just curious that Sony can do no wrong in anything and everything MS does is evil. All of sudden Sony has become the white knight of gaming....the same Sony that create DRM. BTW I guarantee the Sony (and MS) have/had a say as to whether Ghosts is running at 720p and 1080p on these new console.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Also....what has MS done here that is shady? They have been very open about everyhting up to this point.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Nely wrote:
People still in denial.  My lord.

MS goofed. Not enough ESRAM. DDR3 too slow.

This isn't Sony PR. These are facts. Go look it up. In fact just Google DDR3 vs GDDR5.

MS tried to chase the hc gamers and a living room box at the same time.

So your saying MS intentionally made a less powerful sytem to chase off gamers? Man, people around here really hate MS and love Sony.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Purposely no. But when you take multiple GBs away so you can Snap, Skype etc..

They did say they were not shooting for the highest graphics.

The Xbone reaks of a bunch of suits being involved.

I don't hate MS I have a 360. I hate the arrogance of MS.

Sony was just as arrogant in 2006.

Last edited by Nely on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:37 pm

MoneyMan300 wrote:
gun fer hire wrote:
MoneyMan300 wrote:

So Money, turns out this isn't Sony doing any shady M$ stuff... sorry to disappoint you buddy lol.  -viaEuroGamer
MP was 1080p already...the patch was for SP.  It doesn't change the fact there are noticeable frame rate drops on the PS4.  I'm not disappointed either way as I am not a fanboi of either.  It's just curious that Sony can do no wrong in anything and everything MS does is evil.  All of sudden Sony has become the white knight of gaming....the same Sony that create DRM.  BTW I guarantee the Sony (and MS) have/had a say as to whether Ghosts is running at 720p and 1080p on these new console.
I said that in the post. SP 720p multi 1080p. The frame drops have NOTHING to do with the PS4... That's Infinity Ward. Sony HAS become (once again... Remember PS2?) the gamers White Night... The president himself ( along with Cerny ) said it was their main priority with the PS4. Get back what they lost with the PS3. Are they perfect, no way! Are they doing a great job so far, absolutely! Sony is allowing third parties to sell digital PS games... They just opened up the market. This is HUGE! Amazon is the first to put up a store and is likely doing their B2G1 on digital this Friday. This means more competition and that means better pricing and bundles and deals! This is what M$ was attempting but with 3rd parties welcomed and no DRM and 24hr checks etc. it's what their plan should have been. A Steam like experience will first be had on the PS4.

I'm ok with white knights geek 
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 pm

give me my ps4 16 hours !
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 pm

I don't think anyone is saying Sony can do no wrong. Clearly, with the PS3, they did A LOT wrong. This is their chance to get it right again, and I think for the most part they have been able to do that. However, it's a day to day thing, so they will need to stay on their toes and continue to listen to devs and consumers to have a winning machine.

And yes, Sony has their share of misfortune. Betamax, Minidisc, ATRAC, etc. Already, things like no MP3 or CD playback seems a bit shortsighted. But they seem open and willing to engage in conversations with consumers to change/fix things as they can. The whole interview with the CEO was engaging and humanizing. I found it to be a fascinating bit of PR, perfectly timed for the console release.

MSFT, it seems, is on the on the other side. They tried to change the game, come up with a box that wasn't dedicated to gamers but to "entertainment" and I think they've achieved that. However, in the process, all stumbles and all the changes just seem to point to a company and a console that isn't really sure what they want to do. You know the saying, jack of all trades, master of none. That's the feeling I get from the XB1.

I'm sure the games will be fine, I'm sure they will sell a lot of systems and there are lot of people loyal to Xbox, but I firmly believe in the 3rd console curse. MSFT is primed for a down console and I think this may be it. Does it really matter? Not really. I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point, but just not right now.

36 hours and counting...
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 pm

FNG Friday PS4 BF4 and Killzone?!?!?! Haha
Back to top Go down
Dagger Asp

Dagger Asp

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:56 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Maybe you can tell, but in my old age, it gets harder and harder to tell the difference.  lol
Im with you there. When I come around a corner in Ghosts I am more concerned about whos gonna shoot me than looking at a pile of bricks or cow shit and thinking that the textures/contrast/shading/pixels seem off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...   The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The PS4 vs XBOX One Reviews are in...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next